[HELP] patcher-goa.prod.sig

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
I keep receiving this error message at patcher launch:

"The patch client was unable to retrieve the file [patcher-goa.prod.sig] from the patch server. Please try the patch operation again in a short while."

Anyone has a solution?

Narzeja

Loyal Freddie
Make sure these ports are open/forwarded in your firewall and router:

UDP port 1024-65535
TCP port 8040-8049
TCP port 10622

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
I have completely shut down all firewalls, antivirus, router protections etc.

Not working.

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
By the way I got this in the log

[2008/09/25 18:13:13] Currently running as [D:\Games\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\warpatch.exe]
[2008/09/25 18:13:14] Currently running as [D:\Games\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\warpatch.exe]
[2008/09/25 18:13:14] Notification of restart with alternate filename
[2008/09/25 18:13:15] libpatchclient initialized.
[2008/09/25 18:13:15] Currently running as [D:\Games\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\warpatch.bin]
[2008/09/25 18:13:57] Failed to send HTTP request for file [http://patcher.war-europe.com/patch/patcher/manifest/patcher-goa.prod.sig]
[2008/09/25 18:14:39] Failed to send HTTP request for file [http://patcher.war-europe.com/patch/patcher/manifest/patcher-goa.prod.sig]
[2008/09/25 18:15:21] Failed to send HTTP request for file [http://patcher.war-europe.com/patch/patcher/manifest/patcher-goa.prod.sig]
[2008/09/25 18:16:03] Failed to send HTTP request for file [http://patcher.war-europe.com/patch/patcher/manifest/patcher-goa.prod.sig]
[2008/09/25 18:16:03] Failed to retrieve remote file [patcher-goa.prod.sig].
[2008/09/25 18:16:03] Failed to read remote product check.
[2008/09/25 18:16:03] Failed to patch patcher product.

But if I try to download "http://patcher.war-europe.com/patch/patcher/manifest/patcher-goa.prod.sig" using Mozilla or IE directly I have no problem getting the file and saving it......

Narzeja

Loyal Freddie
I'm sorry that I don't have any 100% viable solutions, but I've been browsing a bit and found that some people had getting it to work again by repeatedly deleting the 'warpatch.bin' file. Do make a backup of that file before deleting anything!

On a related matter to firewalls, are you by chance connected to a college or other public network? because I seem to get this error on my university, but not at home, same computer (laptop).

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I
On a related matter to firewalls, are you by chance connected to a college or other public network? because I seem to get this error on my university, but not at home, same computer (laptop).

I'm on campus, but can play anyway (portable net connection) have had a friend manage to log in once or twice from uni, but allways an auth error. Is quite not fair =<

Probably campus network blokes not helping, but, can't even get it through high-speed proxy either. So..

Cyradix

FH is my second home
In beta this happened when one of the patch servers was down.
If you do a nslookup of patcher.war-europe.com you should get back the IP's of the patch servers.
Ping them to see which is down... (you can add the working one to your lmhosts file)

Borgash

Fledgling Freddie
help plz

sorry to bump this thread but i need help, i keep getting this message

The patch client was unable to retrieve the file [patcher-goa.prod.sig] from the patch server.
Please try the patch operation again in a short while.

weird thing is it was working fine when i left then started giving me that message when i returned approximately 2 hours later, no settings changed that I can tell. Anyone have any ideas of what to do?

S

santa

Hey guys,i've been having the same issue with the patcher since yesterday.Wanted to know if anyone has an official answer from tech support about this prob.

Cerixy

Fledgling Freddie
I have the same prob too, techn supp done give any response other then a regulair email.
A m8 just told me to email mythic my DxDiag, seems to have worked for someone who had this same problem after the patch before this one, so worth to give it a try.
I'm gonna do that now, hopefully I get a reply real soon!! grrrrr

Borgash

Fledgling Freddie
yh i still havin the same problem as u guys

annoyin since it worked yesterday mornin too

Cerixy

Fledgling Freddie
still doesnt work....
mythic doesnt seem to bother to reply either
basicly can throw the game into the bin now :(

Borgash

Fledgling Freddie
same here, i r nt very happy considerin i was playin it yesterday morning perfectly without any errors and i have not changed any settings

Cerixy

Fledgling Freddie
After trying everything and receiving some mails back from mythic, and 6 days later I've received this today:

We are aware of the issue with blocked traffic from certain areas and currently
working on a resolution. Until the problem is fixed however, we can only ask for
your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

WAR European Customer Support

B

Bredorf

new fix to [patcher-goa.prod.sig]

well.. i've had this problem with two of my computers..

first of one of my comps just couldn't launch the damn game after installation because of this [patcher-goa.prod.sig] error.. then i found out i had it installed on my laptop.. after playing i dunno, for about 1 month.. my laptop suddently disconnected me.. and when i tryed to log in again it gave me the [patcher-goa.prod.sig] error.. this pissed me of..

but i found a fix for both of my computers! :p uninstalling service pack 3 (or security pack 3 cant remember the exact name) it all began to work again! so if you've got that one installed and it doesn't work, you might try to uninstall it.. because it does interfere with the game in some way :S

hope it helps =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom