Patch notes, August 14th..

J

Jupitus

Taken from the Planetside boards, posted by Spork:

We are releasing a patch to the client and server that contains the following items:
1. Facility capture takes on a whole new level of action now that the Lattice Logic Unit is live! Details on the LLU are in the online manual.

2. The Lasher now has damage degradation. While the projectile still goes the same maximum distance, it now degrades in its strength, as does the lash itself. Lasher damage against armor (MAXes, vehicles) has been reduced by 30%.

3. The Starfire AA MAX has had its damage degradation removed and its damage has been decreased about 20%. This reduction is only different from the live version at ranges of less than 50 meters. The removal of damage degradation, however, will be very noticable against targets at greater ranges.

4. The Basilisk and the Wraith have been combined into the new 3 point ATV cert. Players who already have Wraith or Basilisk certs will keep the ATV cert for now, but will be "in debt" to the certification system by one point. If those players choose to forget the ATV cert, they will have to have 3 available points to but it again.

5. Dynamically calculated certification point system: This is to resolve certain bugs where a player would forget a certification, but those certification points would not be available to them.

6. An exploit that would force a base to deplete its NTU Silo by destroying the Matrix Panels has been fixed.

7. The Find Waypoint button will no longer be available when selecting a drop location from the HART shuttle.

8. Squadmates in vehicles now have their names displayed in gold.

Victor Wachter
Community Relations Representative
Many questions can be answered by reading the PlanetSide Game Info and FAQ

Enjoy!

M

mid_Efour

oh shit.............

i never even played test once..

10:30 i was bang up for some PS but i guess all the servers will be borked for us europeans until 3am or summing :O

I hope this is good seriously if its not, i shall hang up my guns.

T

Teh Krypt

Hmm well no idea if this was implemented on the test server, but I asume so or it would be a rather usless test :p.

I did fine with the lasher, got tons of kills. Wasnt many newbhammers about tho so.. ;)

Btw when are they gona balance that gun a bit? It hits way too fast for its damage :*(

T

Turamber

Vanu AA max change is a *little* strange. Hopefully they will make changes to it in a future patch so it can actually hit things :)

T

Teh Krypt

Fear the vanu Pulsar tbh. I owned a TR AI max with it :D

Must say he was incredibly retarded and prolly some 5 year old aiming ;).

I used to have fun farming kill spam with the VS AI max, and it did dam good vs TR's max's also, as they decide to root themselfs so I fly around back ;o

F

Faeldawn

Got my first LLU, ran the gauntlet from Voltan to Bitol and then had 20 NC tell me where to take it, and another 10 telling me where i could stick it :)

Arent PS players so very very nice people ;)

P

[PS]Venom

Had a go with LLU this morning...

We hacked the LLU base, so I popped a deliverer, and got it waiting at an exit. When I saw the broadcast of someone picking it up, a quick tell ensured he was headed my way. I picked up a gunner, he hopped in and I sped off.

The LLU limits speed somewhat but it made for a very heart racing experience as I had to zoom past several AV wielding NC, started going over the bridge only to find they had MINED the bastard (Only easy way to the target base) so I had to derail the deliverer off the bridge. GOt it back to the base with little problem after that.

a very positive experience. It adds a new dimension to the gameplay I think. :D

S

Spinky

In a deliverer there's no need to use the bridge you know :p

S

shilak

Krypt, the Jackhammer doesnt need a nerf ;)

Lasher ROF is 4 rounds per second, and takes 5 hits to kill a reinforced grunt within 10m, that means it takes 1 second to kill them once the first shot is fired at any range upto 10m.

Jackhammer ROF is 2 rounds per second, and takes 3 shots to kill a reinforced grunt at point blank, 5-6 shots at 10m, that means it takes 1 second to kill them at point blank once the first shot is fired and 2+ seconds to kill them at 10m once the first shot is fired.

Note that the above TTK within 10m assumes that every shot hits, and that a miss with a Jackhammer will result in zero damage to the target whereas near miss with a Lasher will still result in the target getting lashed for 50% of the damage.

The Jackhammer can potentially kill a reinforced grunt quicker at point blank using the secondary fire mode, but I have found during my times using a Jackhammer that it very rarely happens during a moving fight.

The spread of the Jackhammers shot means that shooting anyone over 30m away with it is pretty pointess, likewise the damage dropoff and COF on the Lasher now makes it pretty pointless to shoot people over about 40m.

T

Teh Krypt

Who cares about numbers :).

You btw you did forget about the speed lashs actualy travel through the air...

Ive tested the jackhammer and lasher with no numbers, just playing with each a lot. The jackhammer is WAY better then the lasher. Im about to delete to come NC so i can stop dieing to them. :)

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by Spinky
In a deliverer there's no need to use the bridge you know :p

It's faster.

You get busted down to slower than an ANT in water... speed was of the essence.

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Teh Krypt
The jackhammer is WAY better then the lasher.

No, no, no.

Not another Lasher vs JH hijacking of a thread please :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom