[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
===================================
Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.88a Release Notes
Bounty Rewards and Vista Compatibility
February 15, 2007
===================================

This patch begins version 1.88. In this version we plan on focusing significantly on revamping the archery system. The team is currently in the internal implementation phase for the archery revamp, but it is not yet ready for Pendragon testing. The new archery system will be rolled to Pendragon in the next few 1.88 versions.

GAME CLIENT CHANGES FOR VISTA COMPATIBILITY

In order to make Dark Age of Camelot Vista compatible, all files that the game client generates are now written to a user directory. By default, each user on Vista is a Standard User and only has limited access control. A Standard User does not have permissions to write to common locations, such as the root directory of the game.

Therefore, we've made a few changes to the way the game handles files in order to make DAOC fully Vista compatible. The changes affect everyone, not just Vista users. Read on:

Certain files will now be written to a new location. The location for Windows XP, Windows NT, Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, and Windows 95 is:

C:Documents and Settings(User)Application DataElectronic ArtsDark Age of Camelot

And for Vista:

C:Users(User)AppDataRoamingElectronic ArtsDark Age of Camelot

Note: The “Application Data” folder for XP and earlier, and the “AppData” folder for Vista, are hidden folders. When you navigate there, you will have to set your “display hidden files” under Folder Options in order to find it. (Go to C:Documents and Settings(whatever your user name is) - click "Tools" - click "Folder Options" - click the "View" tab - scroll until you see "Hidden files and folders" - click the radio button that says "Show hidden files and folders" - click "Apply" - click "OK.")

No one should fear losing any user settings or individual character settings. The game will take care of copying all of the affected files to the new location.

Files that will be automatically copied from the old location into the new:
(character name)-(Server).ini
(character name)-(Server).ign
default(window width).ini
user.dat

Files that will not be moved, but new versions will appear in the new location:
animnode.log
audio.log
char.bin
chat.log
chat_buffers.tmp
critical.log
debug.log
errorlog.txt
frame.txt
intel.log
ui.log
world.log
(Screen shot name).bmp

For example, existing screen shots that you have will remain in the original place, while new ones will be placed in the new directory.

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- Fixed a bug where accounts which were not eligible for the Elder title could still select it when having high crafting skills.

NEW BOUNTY POINT REWARDS

The availability of rewards which can be purchased with Bounty Points has been greatly increased. Many of these rewards are designed to reduce much of the need to continue PvEing after reaching 50 for those who would rather focus immediately on RvR.

- Realizing their Atlantean masters are not returning, four sphinxes have traveled to the Hall of Heroes to offer ML credit, artifact credit, and scrolls in exchange for stories from the frontiers (represented by bounty points). Credit is obtained by purchasing the tokens they sell, then handing the tokens to them. If a token is purchased for an encounter the player already has credit for, handing the token back to the sphinx will return the Bounty Points spent.

- Bounty Point Masters have been added to each realm's primary border keep (Castle Sauvage, Svasud Faste, and Druim Ligen). These new NPCs sell a variety of items including: realm respecs, Champion Level respecs, Master Level respecs, the chestnut horse, hastener speed gems, experience-granting scrolls (in both a 1% and 10% variety), and special new jewelry items.

- The NPCs in each housing market that already sell deeds, porches and consignment merchants now offer the same goods for bounty points as well as gold.

- Merchants have been added to house hookpoint stores which can obtained for free and placed on a house hookpoint to allow the purchase of interior and garden decorations for bounty points as opposed to gold.

- Existing bounty point rewards (i.e. stones, totems, and crystals) now have 20 charges instead of 1. Note that current charges will not be retroactively updated on previously purchased rewards.

CAMELOT CLASSIC WORLD NOTES

General - Albion

- The Armorsmiths, Fletchers, and Weaponsmith Masters of Camelot have relocated to 'Shorty' Malone's Inn which is located near the channelers in Camelot square near the forge.

- The Alchemist and Spellcraft Masters of Camelot have relocated to the Magus Shoppus immediately next to 'Shorty' Malone's Inn.

- The Guild of Shadows alchemy table has been relocated to just outside 'Shorty' Malone's Inn.

General - Midgard

- Merchants selling crafting materials have settled their differences and have relocated to the two longhouses just North of the Assembly Hall.

- All tradeskill masters can now be found in either the two longhouses or the smaller building to the north of them.

- The alchemy table behind the Assembly Hall has been relocated to near the forge in this same area.

Quests - General

- Basic Horse - A recent effort by the Kings of each realm to encourage citizens to trade in their old, basic horses for weapons has resulted in a surplus of basic horses taking up space in the royal stables. Therefore the Horse Voucher for the basic horse can now be obtained for free from the Horse Merchants in the capital cities and the quest completed at level 10.

Quests - Albion

- Imperiled Wizard - Players who have completed step 2 but not finished the quest and received their reward will now get a reminder in their journal on what to say to Master Narudos to finish the quest.

Albion Monsters

- Large ants have sworn off their diet of snakes meaning they no longer will have a chance to drop snake meat as loot.

SHROUDED ISLES WORLD NOTES

General - Midgard

- The monsters named 'hrimthursa icetouch' will now no longer drop realm inappropriate items.

CATACOMBS WORLD NOTES

Instanced Adventuring

- Aurulite values have been increased by at least double.

Old Values:

Aurulite Chip, Value 1
Aurulite Fragment, Value 5
Aurulite Shard, Value 10
Aurulite Cluster, Value 15
Aurulite Cluster, Value 20

New Values:

Aurulite Chip, Value 5
Aurulite Fragment, Value 10
Aurulite Shard, Value 20
Aurulite Cluster, Value 30
Aurulite Cluster, Value 40

Note: These changes are not retroactive and only apply to newly-dropped Aurulite.

COOPERATIVE SERVER

- Royal Expedition Tasks 'Den Again', 'Beeches of Braemar', and 'Fighting in the Battlegrounds' will no longer be given out for each realm on the PVP and PVE rulesets as they require a trip to the Battlegrounds which are not enabled on these rulesets.

PVP SERVER

- Royal Expedition Tasks 'Den Again', 'Beeches of Braemar', and 'Fighting in the Battlegrounds' will no longer be given out for each realm on the PVP and PVE rulesets as they require a trip to the Battlegrounds which are not enabled on these rulesets.

===============================

buying ML credit looks good will b many more out in rvr on toons they couldnt be assed or wasnt able to ML

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Full respecs every patch make killing the dragon pointless
Buy ML/Artifact credit, scrolls and 'xp scrolls' with BPs.
Mythic killed PvE. That's going to make it practically impossible for new players to join.

Kuhan

Loyal Freddie
fact is mythic know there isnt gonna be alot of new people trying out camelot, they are now bringing in patches which will hold the population and maybe bring some back until they release warhammer.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
they are redesigning the dragons so hopefully they will boost the loot table too.

Everz

FH is my second home
mordred pop is getting bigger by the day, this change = win :D

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
That's going to make it practically impossible for new players to join.

no it wont. they just gotta be forced to "rvr" (read being RP cows) to get BP's to buy credit.....

yet again the rvr "i-want-everything-for-free-and-with-minimum-effort" ppl win...

and they wonder why the game is dying...

mythic just killed the very last effort to get something this game had to offer.

Kuhan

Loyal Freddie
what you playing on mordred everz? could be interesting to roll there for the new patch 1.88

Caledwyn

Fledgling Freddie
until they realize how fucking boring it is to not have to work for any of the stuff they get and leave again.

my fun with pk'ing doesn't increase cauz I needed to do ml/arte raids before

Barun

Loyal Freddie
Bounty point cost of the items

Realm respec - 5000

Master level respec - 5000

Advanced horse - 5000

Champion level respec - 50

10 minute hastener speed buff - 10

1% experience - 10

1% mlxp - 10

10% experience - 100

10% mlxp - 100

And no you can not buy exp items and trade them to a lowbie.

Looks like all scrolls are sold as 10 bp for 1 of 3, 100 bp for 2 of 3, and 200 bp for 3 of 3....310 points to buy a complete book

Artifact credit ranges from 300's up to 1210 for flamedancer's boots.

Individual master level steps can be bought...not going to bother listing them all out but they range from 15 bps to 1000 bps depending on the step.

Complete master levels are also for purchase

1 - 1410
2 - 1230
3 - 3360
4 - 2640
5 - 1605
6 - 2730
7 - 2145
8 - 3135
9 - 3420
10 - 4800

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
is this the patch that is current in .eu or .us ? a bit slow with daoc meself nowadays ;(

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
is this the patch that is current in .eu or .us ? a bit slow with daoc meself nowadays ;(

neither, just hit pendragon so should be on US servers within a month (or next at the latest)

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Well all those peeps on ML zergs can now go out in RvR instead - can't hurt. More peeps in frontiers/bgs who aren't twinked to fuck...can't hurt casual player either.

Always thought MLs might actually be fun if you ever had the time to do em as say, 2 balanced fgs instead of a huge zerg, so you have to use ur brain and some challenge in doing em (instead of afk on /stick). Mebbe peeps can take the time to appricate em like that, if it's not such a stampede to get em.

Hopefully it won't be easymode to rvr the MLs etc., the costs will be such yiou have to spend a fair amout of time in frontiers b4 u can afford all the credits u need (rr5 to get ML10 and say 10 artie credits bought imo).

Hope I won't be having to change my sig b4 the notes finish either.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
I think some MLs are worse than others and will just RvR some MLs and go BG some that I find to be decent. And its also gives stealthers a good chanse to get shit like ML5 done without whining for help for ages :p

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
aha, just checked camelot-europe , silly me ;(

definetely good changes, only wish they came earlier, so that 90% of the pop of daoc wouldnt have quit ;p

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
Full respecs every patch make killing the dragon pointless
Buy ML/Artifact credit, scrolls and 'xp scrolls' with BPs.
Mythic killed PvE. That's going to make it practically impossible for new players to join.

they dont giv full respecs :( i thought they did also cos they did mention it in herald.. but since last patch i tried respec sm and it wouldnt let me.. i sent mythic a message and they replied that only for MAJOR patches they giving respecs.. not minor ones :(

Gamah

Banned
I feel the need to raise this point again.

WHERE'S THE FUCKING MINSTREL LOVING MYTHIC YOU FUCKERS! I DON'T WANT TO WAIT TILL 1.88B!

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
they dont giv full respecs :( i thought they did also cos they did mention it in herald.. but since last patch i tried respec sm and it wouldnt let me.. i sent mythic a message and they replied that only for MAJOR patches they giving respecs.. not minor ones :(

One full respec per patch. Not per subpatch but when 1.87 hits we all get a full respec, when 1.88 hits we get another one, when 1.89 is here yet again and so forth. You don't get one for 1.87c or whatever because that's part of 1.87.

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
best change ever. have a few lvl50 toons rr4-5 that i never was arsed to get mls ect now i can finaly get them. To bad there aint no ppl left on exc :p

and the
Albion Monsters

- Large ants have sworn off their diet of snakes meaning they no longer will have a chance to drop snake meat as loot.
is the r0x.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom