Patch day fun!

rynnor

Rockhound
It seems silly to patch on a day when everyone in europe is off plus if it goes tits up most of your support personnel are on their hols?

And 60 meg patches? The patch server is giving me a max download rate of 20K so i expect to be finished by the end of next week....

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
rynnor said:
It seems silly to patch on a day when everyone in europe is off plus if it goes tits up most of your support personnel are on their hols?

And 60 meg patches? The patch server is giving me a max download rate of 20K so i expect to be finished by the end of next week....

wajn

Kokelimonkelmedisin

Fledgling Freddie
arent the servers supposed to be back up by now btw?
Iv d/led the patch but no servers show up when I try to log in,
oh well more tv I guess.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
It's available on fileplanet to download. Also if you know somebody that has it downloaded you could always grab it off them *hugs guildmates* Now just need the servers back up ;)

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
All dungeons now have a cap on group size to limit the number of
players that may enter the dungeon. It was necessary to add this cap
as raiding these dungeons trivialized much of the content. Because of
this change we can now look to adding better loot to them during future
content patches.

With that in mind, the dungeons below now have the following caps:
Onyxia/Molten Core - 40 members
Blackrock Spire - 15 members
Diremaul - 5 members
All other dungeons in the game will be capped at 10 members.
Several dungeons will be re-examined for balancing in light of this
change. In addition, will have their loot improved significatnly for
the next content patch.

How does this work? Will there only be, for example, 15 people in the Instance in Blackrock Spire or? Because that would be quite a bummer.

It's hard enough to get a good group going for an Instance, let alone being able to join it once a day as it's probably most of the time full.

Anyone could perhaps explain it a bit better as I'm confused.

Tia.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
heh, i've been stuck on 98/99 percent downloaded for the last 30 minutes with only occasional k's coming down. soo frustrating!

Kokelimonkelmedisin

Fledgling Freddie
yaruar said:
heh, i've been stuck on 98/99 percent downloaded for the last 30 minutes with only occasional k's coming down. soo frustrating!

dont worry, servers arent up yet anyhow.

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
Dommelsch said:
All dungeons now have a cap on group size to limit the number of
players that may enter the dungeon. It was necessary to add this cap
as raiding these dungeons trivialized much of the content. Because of
this change we can now look to adding better loot to them during future
content patches.

With that in mind, the dungeons below now have the following caps:
Onyxia/Molten Core - 40 members
Blackrock Spire - 15 members
Diremaul - 5 members
All other dungeons in the game will be capped at 10 members.
Several dungeons will be re-examined for balancing in light of this
change. In addition, will have their loot improved significatnly for
the next content patch.

How does this work? Will there only be, for example, 15 people in the Instance in Blackrock Spire or? Because that would be quite a bummer.

It's hard enough to get a good group going for an Instance, let alone being able to join it once a day as it's probably most of the time full.

Anyone could perhaps explain it a bit better as I'm confused.

Tia.

no what it apparently means. is for raid grps. i have never tried this but i was tlking to a guild on argent dawn who have told me u can let a riad grp do a instance... this is news to me and tbh that would definatly make things easier... but now u cant do a full raid grp. u can do a raid grp with a cap amount of people or summat. im still a little confused. but i really dont think they would make it so only x people could do a instance at once in dif grps... that would just be silly and lead to alot of pissed of people hanging around alot

Vesuvius

Fledgling Freddie
yeah, it means each instance of Blackrock spire can have a max of 15 players

and before now you could raid group instances

did a guild raid(think there was 10- 14 of us) into SM for a laugh when we were 30ish

was fun. was fast

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
lol if i had known could do raids on instances would been soo much easier... all this time been doing 1fg per instance... has taken forever and some are impossible even with lvls well above lol

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
just as well im going on the lash in sunny South Shields today or else it would be a day lost... wanted to get a couple of hours in beforehand tho. ah well, cant have it all :)

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Lakashnik said:
lol if i had known could do raids on instances would been soo much easier... all this time been doing 1fg per instance... has taken forever and some are impossible even with lvls well above lol

cant get quest credit in a raid grp, least couldnt before patch may b able 2 now dunno (there were bugs ofc where 1-2 people in the raid got credit but the majority didnt).

this sucks for my guild coz slates been running big raids every week or so :( actually means ive got 2 b useful 2 go along :(

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
Gah can't wait to get on this afternoon and farm diremaul the whole day for the new uber hunter +agi/+crit mail <o/

Altough still some QQ about this patch
- Hunter dps decreased by 14%
- Pets now have slower attack speed/slower run speed
- Cooldown on stings

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:
cant get quest credit in a raid grp, least couldnt before patch may b able 2 now dunno (there were bugs ofc where 1-2 people in the raid got credit but the majority didnt).

this sucks for my guild coz slates been running big raids every week or so :( actually means ive got 2 b useful 2 go along :(

oh that sucks. i was gonna plan some raid grps to do that big ass boss in uldaman as even wit 2 lvl 50 pallys me (46priest) a 44 mage and a 44rogue we couldnt do it... jsut dont have enough tanks when the 2 golems come alive....

also any news on whts happend to the servers... the wow website is jsut weird.. maybe its just me but i cant find info about servers or the patch updates anywer... :S

rynnor

Rockhound
Lakashnik said:
also any news on whts happend to the servers... the wow website is jsut weird.. maybe its just me but i cant find info about servers or the patch updates anywer... :S

Supposedly maintenance has been extended a further 2 hours but dont hold your breath...

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
I thought GOA was a bad company but Blizzard is much worst. WTF do we have to dw their patch with a P2P downloader ???? We pay, can't they set up a download patch server like for DAOC ?

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Ning said:
I thought GOA was a bad company but Blizzard is much worst. WTF do we have to dw their patch with a P2P downloader ???? We pay, can't they set up a download patch server like for DAOC ?

My Ferrari sucks as it doesn't have the same fuel economy of my mates moped :rolleyes:

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Ning said:
I bet ur life is without meaning for the 3 hours it takes to DL...

But dont worry, u soon be Mr. Incredible again...

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Darksword said:
(there were bugs ofc where 1-2 people in the raid got credit but the majority didnt).
Some of those have been fixed, youll get drops but no quest items/credit/rewards in raid groups.

If its working properly now ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom