Patch 1.53A will be announced today...

D

Danya

Cold in here without that monkey head though... we'll have to uh, share body heat <snuggles up with Jexa> ;)

F

Flimgoblin

Get a room you two...
(or a box, oh you have)

Hrm, ok I see your point Dannyn - for game stability they're definitely going downhill....

But a lot of the stuff they did change was for the better.....

still sucks to be nerfed :(

D

Danya

What really irks me is the way Mythic just arbitrarily change the role of classes on a whim. People roll their character and spend a lot of time developing it in certain ways, then Mythic come along and say "sorry, you can't play like that" and *bam* change your role completely. People are either left playing a character they didn't intend to have or rerolling (or quitting of course :p)

J

Jexa

Examples Danyan? I'm not saying you're wrong. In fact I know you're right :) I just wondered, can't think of any :eek:

F

Flimgoblin

Well all the scouts/rangers/hunters that rolled as 'sniper' sneaking into the enemy lands undetected, shooting whoever you feel like, and sneaking off back again...

now you can still do that, just you're likely to be caught by a guard dog (assassin)

the main reason you can't just do it arbitrarily as instead of being snipers a lot of these people were 'the invisible hand of death' in the middle of an open field... not quite on :)

you can see why the roles needed to be changed... but can't blame any of them for feeling put out.

D

Danya

Lets see:
Smite clerics forced to be healers/buffers.
Sniper-spec archers forced to be longbowmen (i.e. stealthless archers).
Minstrels forced to be drumwhores.
Sorcerers forced to be gimped wizards.
Berzerkers forced to be gimps.

How's that?

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Dannyn
Lets see:

How's that?

Smite clerics not main CC anymore.. they can still smite.

snipers have to worry about being found

minstrels the same :)

sorcerors have to play spell/dispell with enemy CCers

zerkers still zerk, just no longer way better than the other light tanks.
(they brought up merc/bm and brought down zerk a little bit)

all perspective ;)
Play lots of characters :) means every patch nerfs at least one but boosts another :)

J

Jexa

Lets see:

How's that?

I thought zerkers were always gimped?

How did minstrels get changed? :eek:

W

Wij

Originally posted by Fingoniel
Play lots of characters :) means every patch nerfs at least one but boosts another :)

hehe - true. just swap to the least gimped alt you have after every patch :)

D

Danya

Smite nerfed to the point of almost uselessness (given it's power cost / casting time). The mez nerf is even more stupid as it hurts the rejuvers most.

Sniper isn't viable due to assassins being very powerful.

Ditto minstrel, who additionally now have a spell that just sucks power for no real use (aka stun).

Sorcs just get insta-mezzed by enemy CC, mez as a whole thing is watered a lot and sorcs only have mez really, changing their role to a mez healer is just BS as they weren't rolled for that (this goes for minstrels too). Contrast to Bards/Healers which are healing classes anyway so mez healing fits the class.

Zerkers were fine, they should have brought BMs and mercs up more.

D

Danya

Originally posted by Jexa

I thought zerkers were always gimped?

How did minstrels get changed? :eek:
Stealth nerfed, mez nerfed, stun nerfed.

D

Danya

Originally posted by Jexa
You make it sound worse than it is.
Do I?
Hundreds of spec points in a line I can barely use...
A stun which costs 15% power and lasts for 2 seconds...

hmm yes, not that bad :rolleyes:

J

Jexa

Hundreds of spec points in a line I can barely use...

I thought not that many assassins were actually bothering with see hidden? Altho IRC can be a .. little :p ... bit misleading.

D

Danya

Given a lot of assassins have many RPs, and see hidden is very cheap, why not take it? :p

J

Jexa

Given a lot of assassins have many RPs, and see hidden is very cheap, why not take it? :p

Who knows?

It was refreshing to hear an assassin moan yesterday - about See hidden being stupid .... :eek:

F

Flimgoblin

Hehehe.. one person says stun is useless

other person says stun is overpowered...

wizards whine they have no utility
eldritches whine that wizards have more damage instead of this useless utility...

ho hum

D

Danya

Stun is good, it's stun that lasts such a rediculously short time for such a huge cost in power/end that is useless. I get better stun off my level 4 thrust style for 0 power and 1/4 of the end cost FFS.

Q

Quemine

Another patch... bleh... probably just more nerfs to the classes that need some loving the most...

Some things I'd like to see though, duration on shield stuns etc affected by resists... don't think they are now in 1.52? Maybe some compensation for the classes relying heavy on CC for their survival, cause there can't be a patch without a mezz nerf. And finally for support classes to gain RP for doing what they are supposed to do in rvr... RP for rezzes etc... **stops dreaming**

Meh!

D

Danya

Anyway Fingoniel, stop disturbing me! <snuggles deeper into the box> ;)

J

Jexa

Anyway Fingoniel, stop disturbing me! <snuggles deeper into the box> ;)

Tis a cosy little box, isn't it? :D

O

old.0xygen

Dont expect anything till 9pm tonight (thats BST GMT+1) thats when the USA servers will be back up.

And if u care to read the big thread on the Hibernian Guardian forum it sounds more like General Pure Fighter fixes Nothing pecific.

So no CD style fixes..... blegh ;p

O

old.0xygen

ignore what I was saying about the servers didnt know daoc was on est time (could have sworn it used to be pst hmmph)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom