Patch 1.53A will be announced today...

S

Solid

All Pure Melee classes will be dancing the streets in joy at whts to come I have been onformed.

This includes Armsman, Beserkers, Blademasters, Heroes, Warriors, Mercenaries.

There is at least 1 change that benefits the Hybrid Fighter classes, namely Paladins, Champions and Thanes

Klav baby, chill for a few hours and lets hope this patch really floats ur boat. :D

I

inqy

I feel the urge to bring my warrior out of retirement.

- Kinthos awakens
- Kinthos stands and looks around.
/em notices we've only just got 1.5
- Kinthos sits
- Kinthos falls asleep again

However, GOA do seem to have improved with their translating/patching speed. I am still hopeful :D \o/

F

Flimgoblin

Hmm... well the team leads are overjoyed... so we might have something good and balanced :)

note: good and balanced

not... will make tanks 0wnz0r j00 :)

so no doubt lots of whines that they can't one-shot everyone in the opposing army still...

*twiddles fingers*

*paces around*

I

inqy

I'd be happy with reaching the army and managing to swing my sword.

O

Orin Askhammare

I'm all giddy with anticipation :)

F

Flimgoblin

inqy - I'd be happier being able to stop the enemy tanks runnin past me :) then we could have pitched battles, rather than mindless zergs (or mezz+whackamole)

I

inqy

Originally posted by Fingoniel
(or mezz+whackamole)

lol I like that, well the expression. being mezzed and waiting for your 'turn' to die, is very depressing and ultimately is why I started my battleground only mission.

F

Flimgoblin

to give mythic some credit they have been working on it :)

aoe mezz falloff and cure mezz being the biggest things...

K

klavrynd

Klav baby, chill for a few hours and lets hope this patch really floats ur boat.

sorry TPT but i have a rep to maintain :)

-Defender's Revenge is now a use anytime style
-Provoke has been set to high fatigue since hammer users kill too much tincans
-Armsmen get Critical shot 7 at level 50 so they can use that crosswbow for something usefull
-Infiltrators get access to polearms now to come on-par with midgards 2handers
-Friars get chain armor to come on par with minstrels
-Scouts get access to the calefaction line and autotrain stealth and shield even though you may have specced in it.
-Celtic spear and Large Weapon styles have 30% increased damage to make up with midgard's twohanders

W

<Wels>

Originally posted by klavrynd

-Defender's Revenge is now a use anytime style
-Provoke has been set to high fatigue since hammer users kill too much tincans
-Armsmen get Critical shot 7 at level 50 so they can use that crosswbow for something usefull
-Infiltrators get access to polearms now to come on-par with midgards 2handers
-Scouts get access to the calefaction line and autotrain stealth and shield even though you may have specced in it.
-Celtic spear and Large Weapon styles have 30% increased damage to make up with midgard's twohanders

No Minstrel love? :(
You could have added
-Unspeccable Dual Wield for minstrels, to compensate for for the useles stealth line and the AE mezz we gave to also compensate for stealth (wich we totaly scrweed up, didn't think we actually could underpower a mezz)

OR

-Dual Wield had been added to the minstrel and removed their useless Stealth line <----- Wohooo! :)

OR

-The Minstrel Alluring Melodies line can now pulse together with max 1 other song!

S

Solid

making Minstrels a singing Merc with pets and shouts, oooooh gimmmmmmmmmmmmmme! :D

Can I have McFlurry as well? oog what about dirty trix? pleeeeeease Mr Mythic Dev, can I huh huh please can I huh?

F

Flimgoblin

wonder if people would whine less about mincers if they had dual wield instead of stealth...

S

Solid

they prolly wont as they cant spec 3 lines up high enuf to make use out of all 3.

Ghetto Stealth becomes Ghetto DW, they will still whine

S

Sarnat

Damn I was hoping Klavrynd wasn't gonna open his whiney mouth on this thread but how wrong was I! ;)

A

Alrindel

- In response to numerous complaints about archers still being too powerful in RvR encounters, Rangers and Hunters now have a 5% chance with each shot for a Critical Fumble, in which the archer shoots himself in the foot for the 75% damage they would have have done to their target, followed by a 28 second stun. This chance is increased to 15% if the archer is attempting to use Critical Shot. However, archers now have access to the Falcon's Balance realm ability (cost 20 points) which reduces the chance of a Critical Fumble by 1%.

Scouts are not affected by these changes.
:(

W

<Wels>

Ok I changed my mind I want a new instrument, wich can only be used together with mana song becasue it needs charge. I call this the electric lute.
When the electric lute is charged with the song takes aprox 2 sec, you can fire off GTAE( can alose use as DD AE if you wish, there is a small knob on the lute wich you can switch on and off for DD effect) ZAP Spells that stuns (20 sec)/1500hp drain and 90% heal on electric lute user in a 400 radius. This to compensate for stealth nerf!

D

Danya

Originally posted by klavrynd
You forgot:
Minstrels get evade 5 and speccable parry to come on a par with friars. :)

S

Solid

Friars need some new weapons imo, Nunchukas, and them dual wield forky things, waht they called again? then they should get diff colour headbands and cloth belts and a new 15min timered abilitu called KFJ. KFJ allows friars to go into a blind fury and lash out dealing massive damage to opponents using their bare hands.

This new abillity is none otehr than "KING-FOO JOO" :D

Gimmmmmmmme PLZ! OMGPLZ!

P

Pouget

Friar love

Naah, friars need abilities like:

- Share Beers: A feelgood buff for the group the friar is in, could cause them to fight happier and thus quicker
- Throw beer: Sort of like throwing sand to someone's face, except in this case, beer. Could cause a stun or loss of sight

And something for the minstrels as well:

- Play German drinking songs: works as the Share Beer buff for the group (and of course would stack). Except on German servers, where it would mezz other realm players, while they join in on the song.

Just a thought ;)

N

Nala Lionne

On a more serious note, it does actually look like the game is improving, and I'm genuinely surprised, in a good way :D

D

Danya

Originally posted by Nala Lionne
On a more serious note, it does actually look like the game is improving, and I'm genuinely surprised, in a good way :D
It is? Where's this then? So far all apcthes I've seen since 1.49 have been worse for the game as a whole then before.

O

Orin Askhammare

Didn't you know that the secret purpose behind the recent patches is to nerf Servants of the Lake? We've been secretly mailing them for months!

N

Nala Lionne

Originally posted by Dannyn

It is? Where's this then? So far all apcthes I've seen since 1.49 have been worse for the game as a whole then before.

Well, theres an improve it patching, undeniably.

Realm abilities are fun, and thus good ... but perhaps not balanced yet.

They -seem- to be trying to fix things, even if they are doing it badly or whatever.

At least they are trying, it's awful when games are just shunted out by the manufacturers, then they stop caring.

F

Flimgoblin

think you typoed there:

"the game as a whole" I think should read "me" :)

D

Danya

No, there's RAs for a start - completely unbalanced and silly, for me they're great (SoS r0x!), but for the game as a whole, they kinda suck. :p
Add in lots of random chopping and changing of classes, plenty of classes have either had their role changed entirely or just been horribly crippled (sorcs anyone?)
Assassins have become somewhat overpowered, mainly through the new RAs.

It just seems that mythic have no real clue what they are trying to do with the game and are just listening to whoever shouts the loudest at the time. For instance LoS is STILL not fixed, this a major flaw in the game at present, yet they have plenty of time to nerf people at random.

J

Jexa

You know what, I don't care :p

I only play the game for the people, so <hides in a box>

Perhaps you are right, well in fact, you probably are. AT LEAST THEY ARE TRYING though :D Even if they are going about it in completely the wrong way. Completely. :D

D

Danya

Well, true enough, without the people I wouldn't be still playing... <climbs into the box with Jexa> ;)

J

Jexa

Well, true enough, without the people I wouldn't be still playing... <climbs into the box with Jexa> ;)

Oooh, feelin kinda cosy in here now :)

/em throws the flaming monkey head out.

Anyone else want in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom