[INFO] Patch 1.1a going live!

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
11a.jpg

The Age of Reckoning has dawned!

Following the outbreak of a great war among six of the world's mightiest empires, the Witch King Malekith, Lord of the Dark Elves and architect of the Age of Reckoning, grows impatient for the conquest of Ulthuan. He unleashes his lethal Black Guard on the unsuspecting High Elves and the march toward Lothern continues anew, with the hate-filled Black Guard leading the attack.

11_1.jpg

Far to the west, the heroic Knights of the Blazing Sun join the Empire's desperate defense of the capital city of Altdorf. With their cunning tactics and inspiring leadership, the elite Templars of Myrmidia prove pivotal in turning back the enemy advance and buying precious time for the forces of Order.

11_2.jpg

Perhaps it will be these new warriors clad in heavy metal and wielding razor-sharp blades who will decide the fate of the Warhammer world!

11keyfeatures.gif

With 1.1a, we have been working hard and listening to player feedback to make the great game of WAR even better. We’re proud to introduce to the game several exciting changes that have been long awaited!

Tomorrow, 12/11/08 Patch 1.1a will be released! All North American servers will be brought down at 7:00AM EST with Oceanic servers to follow at 9:00AM EST. We anticipate all servers to be online by 1:00PM EST.

No date for Europe set in stone, possibly tommorow as well

11newcareers.gif

kotbs-look-02_thumb.gif

The valorous Knights of the Blazing Sun lead their allies into battle. These armor-clad warriors of Myrmidia combine strength and steel with a mastery of tactics and strategy, making them truly formidable adversaries on the battlefield.

blackguard-look-02_thumb.gif

Clad in forbidding black armor and wielding lethal halberds, the grim-visaged warriors of the Black Guard inspire dread in the enemies of the Dark Elves. These sworn protectors of the Witch King join the armies of Destruction, anchoring the lines of battle.

11openrvrinfluence.gif

11_5.jpg

One of the most recently requested items by our community has been incentives for open RvR, and now we’re proud to announce the first big step toward adding these incentives: Influence in open RvR areas!

By defeating enemy players in open RvR and helping to defend and capture Keeps and Battlefield Objectives, players can now earn Influence. Each Tier of each pairing has its own influence pool and rewards, for a total of 12 pools for each Realm. This Influence can be used at the newly-added Rally Masters in the appropriate Warcamps to earn gear and other RVR reward items, so get out there and gank the enemy!

11easypublicquests.gif

With 1.1, we are launching a new initiative to expand the scope of our Public Quest experience. Now, solo players and small groups can also participate in these unique and exciting encounters that are one of WAR's most innovative features.

• We have reviewed each Chapter in Tier 1, including all three racial pairings, and have altered one Public Quest in each Chapter (with the notable exception of Chapter One) to be suitable for 1-3 players. We have reduced the numbers on monster kill and gather counters, lowered the difficulty of the second- and third-stage enemies and bosses, and scaled down the rewards of these PQs correspondingly.
  • The Public Quest interface which appears on the right side of the screen when a player enters a Public Quest area will now display which Public Quests are easier to complete.
  • We will continue adjusting one Public Quest per Chapter through the remaining three Tiers in the weeks and months to come, so be sure to check the Warhammer Herald for updates on our progress!

11_6.jpg

11chathyperlinking.gif

One of the most requested features from our players finally makes its debut: Chat Hyper Linking! Simply Shift Left-Click on an item, an ability in the ability window, a quest in the quest tracker, or even another player to place a hyperlink into the chat input window. Other players can click on the link to open a window displaying the item, ability, quest, or player information. Players can have as many unique windows open as they wish. Let the online item stat comparisons begin!

11_3.jpg

• Because of the addition of this new feature, splitting a stack, which used to require a Shift Left-Click action, now uses Shift Right-Click.
  • Right-Clicking a player name in the chat window now brings up a context menu with options to ignore, add as friend, invite to group, inspect, target, etc: Pretty much every reasonable interaction you’ve ever wanted to have with a player speaking in a chat channel.

11armorset.gif

With this patch, we have worked hard to carry out a balance pass on all of the game's armor sets, and have adjusted the value and distribution of the stat bonuses on all set pieces. Here are some of the changes that we feel will improve the utility of these sets:
  • Armor sets will now feature fewer stat bonuses per piece, but the stat bonus values on each piece will increase. Additionally, many sets will have individual pieces with decreased equip levels, meaning those pieces can be worn at an earlier rank than they previously could.
  • Three armor sets (the Redeye set in Mount Gunbad, the Devastator set in tier 3 RvR and the Keeper set in the Sacellum and the Altdorf Sewers) have gained an additional piece
  • The Sentinel Belt, the Conqueror Boots, the Invader Boots, and the Warlord Boots have been flagged as “Bind on Equip,” and most sets have seen an increase in their item power, particularly the endgame sets.
  • As part of these changes, we have made some adjustments to the armor ward system. As before, players who are fighting a high-level boss monster will benefit from increased protection and will do more damage if they are wearing pieces of the appropriate set of high-level armor. The more pieces a player wears, the better their protection and damage dealt. Specifically, players wearing no pieces of the appropriate armor will be reduced to 40% of their normal damage output against the boss monster. This amount will increase by 15% for each set piece of appropriate armor worn.
  • We have introduced a new Gold rarity color specifically for item sets to help them stand out in Public Quest loot bags, on merchants, and in player inventories.
  • The above changes will work retroactively for all current armor set pieces in the game. No action is needed on the players' part to enact these changes.

11_4.jpg

11mainassist.gif

In order to help groups feel more cohesive and assist in cooperation among group members, we have added this helpful new functionality. Here’s how it works:

• The leader of a group may designate a group member as the "main assist" player for that group. This status can only be changed by the group leader, and by the player who has been designated as the main assist player.
  • By default, the leader of a group is set to be that group's main assist player when the group is first created.
  • When a group contains a main assist player, a main assist button will be visible on the interface of each player in the group.
  • When a player clicks on this button, that player's target will immediately change to match the current target of the main assist player.
  • Assignment of the main assist designation can be done through the party context menu, or with the slash command /mainassist <PlayerName> or /makemainassist <PlayerName>.
  • In scenarios, the main assist status is not given to anyone at party creation, but is instead up for claim to any player in the scenario group. When someone has claimed main assist, only that player can reassign it to someone else in the group.

playerstatues.gif

statues_6.jpg

Introducing something the team is really excited to bring into the game: Player statues. These statues are located in the War Quarter in Altdorf and in the Undercroft in Inevitable City, and have been enabled to display the top ten Renown Point earners of the previous week and the weekly top Renown Point earner of each realm for that server. If you are the best of the best for your realm, you will now have a representative statue (based on career and gender) with your name on it, making you an idol to millions (at least until someone dethrones you). More information will be posted in the Dev Diary this Friday on the Herald!

userinterface.gif

Lots and lots of fixes, changes and new additions have been made to our user interface and API functionality. New additions have been made to the chat system and graphic options, including incorporating community-requested features, a channel flashing on activity, the ability to turn the chat bubbles on/off, a gamma slider and so much more.

content.gif

Whether it is new lairs, new quests and changes to items, this patch is full of lots of fun new content additions to the game. You can read the 1.1 test server patch notes at : The WAR Herald. The full notes will be posted tommorow.

legar

Loyal Freddie
One of the most recently requested items by our community has been incentives for open RvR, and now we’re proud to announce the first big step toward adding these incentives: Influence in open RvR areas!

which won't help crap lol... they complete it and back to scen farming. gear is replaceable and renown and xp isnt, making scenario grinds still by far the best to advance your character while levelling.

really wonder if the devs play their own game..

BigBadB

Fledgling Freddie
GOA, any news on when we'll be getting this in Europe? Are we going to have to wait until next week?

BigBadB

Fledgling Freddie
which won't help crap lol... they complete it and back to scen farming. gear is replaceable and renown and xp isnt, making scenario grinds still by far the best to advance your character while levelling.

really wonder if the devs play their own game..
Erm, in order to 'complete it', people will need to engage in open RvR. Mission achieved, surely?

NicGOA

English WAR Community Manager
We patch the morning after Mythic patches (to avoid downtime during European primetime).

The schedule this time is the same. We will patch to 1.1 tomorrow morning. News that will confirm this will be up later today.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Now bring on the hammerers! Hope the rewards are pretty damn good and influence is hard to get by like Rp's in daoc so people actually stay on Orvr

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Now bring on the hammerers! Hope the rewards are pretty damn good and influence is hard to get by like Rp's in daoc so people actually stay on Orvr

I want to be proven wrong, but I'm afraid that people will just farm empty keeps and BOs :(

But I really really hope to be proven wrong here

Afran

Part of the furniture
It's nice that they're trying to make RvR more inviting to more than just the ex-DAoC community, but I don't think this patch is going to change anything. Since you can earn the influence from Keeps & BO's, I can almost guarantee everyone will just remain farming them regardless of this, they'll still be getting the max RP/Hour this way afterall.

The statues are a nice concept too but as it is it's only going to show who spends the most time following the zerg around afk'ing at each Keep & BO take.

Don't get me wrong, some nice stuff in this patch, albeit only additions of things that should have been there come retail; Item linking / proper itemization.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Delete 2/3 of the scenarios, remove rewards for taking empty keeps. boost rewards for taking defended keeps (x amount of points per defender or something) give more rewards for defending too.

It is good that they admit that what it is now just isn't very good but they have to go a long long way further to fix anything.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Delete 2/3 of the scenarios, remove rewards for taking empty keeps. boost rewards for taking defended keeps (x amount of points per defender or something) give more rewards for defending too.

It is good that they admit that what it is now just isn't very good but they have to go a long long way further to fix anything.

Totally agree.

Scenarios have ruined this game i am afraid they really have.

Ahlgard

Loyal Freddie
The open RvR influence rewards and tweaking of the Set Armors are superb news! Give Patch! :)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Totally nerfed the Chosen :p

I wonder who gave them feedback for them to change that and not even bother Fixing the things that are broken with them.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Sometimes its good not to get patched at the same time :)

Greetings!

We will be bringing down the all servers for immediate maintenance starting at 11:45 AM EST to address stability issues. At this time we do not have an estimated downtime. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

As always, please be sure to check the Herald for updates

Mythic Entertainment | Warhammer Herald

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
The open RvR influence rewards and tweaking of the Set Armors are superb news! Give Patch! :)

Why? You will outgrow all the T1-T3 armour quickly so why even bother?

All this will do is further dilute the population between scenarios, pve and orvr so now there might not be enough to sustain any of it on some servers...

Also, unrelated to the above poster, why make PQ's soloable? What is the fucking point of a public quest you don't need to group with any other players to accomplish? Do they want everyone to solo all the time? Is this NOT an mmo? There is sod all group experiences in this game as it is, why remove one of the few lower-tier reasons to group?

The problem they have is playerbase numbers, while these changes are cute, i can't see this having any impact on the fundimental problem this game has.

Nooooo, why not completely ignore this and introduce player statues in a game where every player looks almost exactly the same...that's surely a priority?

Infuriating and frustrating.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie

Totally agree.

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
So still no retro workout of the grouping system? /goes back to solo to 40..its a Single player game to me, sad as it is.
Mythic please change the grouping system REALLY FAST so people get bonus for grouping not a stake in the nuts.
Oh and whilest im still here, can i please get another few character slots? 10 aint enough if the number of available classes exceed them, thank you.

Faya

othmaar

Fledgling Freddie
Massive patch notes! Lots of good stuff! I am just 1 renown rank from being able to equip the devastator body piece so if they boost it I can get full advantage for a few levels at least.

Now if they can fix it so you can jump even if youre close to an obstacle and /stuck does not log you out but 'punts' you randomly I think this game is a keeper!

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
1.1 looks good from where I'm sat, some nice bits and bobs in it. My only real gripe at the moment is keep seiges in oRvR. There's too much empty keep ninja'ing and defended keeps are nigh on impossible to take. Greatly increasing the respawn time of keep NPC's would be a start, as would removing an NPC defender for every defending player inside the keep.
Another idea would be to reduce the keep lords stats once the amount of defending players passes a certain number.

As it currently stands, you either take an empty keep or don't take a keep, and defending a keep versus a full warband can be done with a little as 5 or 6 players who simply hide next to the lord.

Zede

Part of the furniture
patch is running very very slow & then crashing on about 40% atm

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
So still no retro workout of the grouping system? /goes back to solo to 40..its a Single player game to me, sad as it is.
Mythic please change the grouping system REALLY FAST so people get bonus for grouping not a stake in the nuts.
Oh and whilest im still here, can i please get another few character slots? 10 aint enough if the number of available classes exceed them, thank you.

Faya

Bingo.

Single player questing

Single player PQ's

Zero incenive to group.

Very big problem imo.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
They changed the graphics of my awesome massive shoulderpads
Shit :<
Oh, well I spend the majority of my time in Squig Armour anyway, just a bit annoying :<

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
They changed the graphics of my awesome massive shoulderpads
Shit :<
Oh, well I spend the majority of my time in Squig Armour anyway, just a bit annoying :<

Aye Pikeh due to the financial crisis they have to save money on pixels, so they removes some from your shoulderpads, nothing personal just the times.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
I really hope the changes to annhilator are good for shamans. The changes regarding ward equipment in the IC dungeons are good but harsh. No Annhilator = 40% damage on bosses means that people HAVE to have 4 pieces before going I guess...

M

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
Bingo.

Single player questing

Single player PQ's

Zero incenive to group.

Very big problem imo.

Huh? Most of the PQ's require more than one people to have a chance.

What kind of incentive do you need? Is your problem the split influence between group members?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom