Patch 1.11

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
thanks! was kinda expecting this lol :D took me over an hour to get the fucking patcher, let alone the patch <Sigh> Gunna have to go with the full patch it seems, oh well, im off to read while ti downloads. THANKS DEEBS :D

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I click and it says document contains no data, what noobish thing am i doing wrong?:)

NM works now thx:)

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Guys im having problems, it downloads a 38.5mb file and when i try to run it, i get "Sorry, the installer was unable to start. You may be out of hard drive space." But my harddrive is nowhere near full (60gbs left), and i know the file should be 455 mbs when i download it from FH, but it isnt, and i've tried a few times :(.

The file that gets downloaded is WoW-1.11.0-enGB-patch.exe

I cant use the WoW patcher because it says the tracker is not responding ? :(

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
lol got DC'ed from one of them already after all of 0.96mbs, but if it works, will definatly be worth it, having got all of 1.5mbs out of blizzards piss poor torrent. :D

thanks Z

Gray

FH is my second home
What a twat :(

I got 80% through downloading the 1.10-1.11 patch, and i fucking kicked the power lead from my router.

When i reconnected i couldnt get my download back :(

Back to square one. My god how i hate leads under desks

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Well, the servers still aren't back up anyhow and probably won't be for a while, so there's no rush.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Louster said:
Well, the servers still aren't back up anyhow and probably won't be for a while, so there's no rush.

I dont get why they cant just scrap this bittorrent patch distribution shit. I know its a large game and its stupidly cheap for them, to use servers to host the patch would be expensive for such a large player base, but in the end, no one likes there BT crap and with such a large player base surely they can afford to host the patchs, dedicate a few servers to it, then leave space on there sites from a couple of weeks later to download patchs and what not. Dont see why not, mythic managed it.

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Personally I wouldn't even mind having to use a torrent, if:
  • the tracker actually worked and was reliable - half the problem earlier was the fact that it couldn't even be reached (and may still be unreachable, I don't know - I managed to get most of it before it died);
  • the client was a proper torrent client, that allowed you to change port usage and so on. The current bare-bones thing is, well, rubbish and barely functional.
Torrents are hugely powerful things, and with the amount of people playing WoW it should be a great way of distributing the patches - but, of course, they manage to fuck it up mostly via the above.

Edit - actually, saying that; is it possible to hop on the official patch torrent with a third party client? That would solve the second problem, at least. Maybe.

Kados

Loyal Freddie
Hi guys
Im abit nobbish at this, but after downloading the .zip file, what do I do to use it to patch wow??

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Kados said:
Hi guys
Im abit nobbish at this, but after downloading the .zip file, what do I do to use it to patch wow??
you probably have a extractor otherwise i cant help m8

hera

Fledgling Freddie
thx a lot - great help

I have problems getting the download from Blizzard to work so you saved my day.

Not even Game Spot had this download, they only offer the US version and that wasnt any help.

So again thank you :fluffle:

Sar

Part of the furniture
I got the incremental patch from Vileplanet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom