Patch 1.05: Is it Make or Break for you?

Is 1.05 Make or Break for you?

• I will continue to play WAR regardless of 1.05.

Votes: 85 53.8%
  • I'm quitting if I don't get a particular feature fixed.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I'm waiting to see what gets fixed before I decide if I'll resubscribe.

Votes: 40 25.3%
  • My first month has expired and I've no intention of returning.

Votes: 19 12.0%
  • I never played WAR I only go on these forums to troll. You're all bastards and I hate you all.

Votes: 5 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
As per subject. Will the next patch be where you decide if you will continue to play WAR, resubscribe if you haven't already or are sitting on the fence, or quit if something you consider game-breaking is not fixed.

If you're waiting to see what fixes are implemented and don't currently have an active subscription, I'm interested to know how you intend to decide whether you will play again or not.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
If you're waiting to see what fixes are implemented and don't currently have an active subscription, I'm interested to know how you intend to decide whether you will play again or not.

I have friends with active subscriptions.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
so many negative options

<-- paid alr and happy with most and i'm not a EM-engi

and most stuff of my class gets fixed, just some graph bugs irritate me but a csr came and registered the silly gun in the air :)

Salvion

One of Freddy's beloved
I will continue to play WAR regardless of 1.05.

That was what i choose, I think this game as alot of other mmo's have to have a time to settle in and get to a point where its solid and have a good/decent way of working (game mechanics) and i dont think war is there yet.
Fixing the bugs do take time and i will wait and see what happens, so above statement isent really true for me but is the closest one.

For me essential fixes is,
making the game stabel, today it cant handle alt-tabing well among other things.

making Openfield rvr much much more atractive for ppl so we get em away from grinding scenarios only.

Crafting is so shitbad its even vorse then daoc...

And still this complaints i think this game has HUGE potential, so much in it i like!
:cheers:

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Waiting to see what gets fixed, for me the game lack what makes DAoC fun and I can't really pinpoint what is actually is.

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Don't think any of the options really say what I think.

I'll only quit if they make my main less fun to play or if the patch causes a population change I can't live with (e.g. too many healers reroll DPS classes, or population drops too low).

I'm not of the mind to think that a single significant patch should fix everything important, but it could miss the mark widely enough to cause a general exodus I suppose.

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Waiting to see what gets fixed, for me the game lack what makes DAoC fun and I can't really pinpoint what is actually is.

Agreed

We had between 20-25 members in our guild in the first few weeks (all daoc players), and bit by bit they stopped logging in. Now everyone has quit due to no real end game, poor client stability, scenario's etc etc.

Mumia

Fledgling Freddie
I just put in 60 days (gamecard), and after having a discussion with a csr, I am probably not comming back. My problem was that the auction house returned some flowers I had put up for sale, but I just recieved a mail with the text : auction expired, no flowers where attached.
Reported the issue, got a mail with a lot of : do this, delete that, climb this mountain, catch the rabbit after you follow it down this hole, and the likes.
So, wrote them again, and tried to make it clear for them :
I do stuff to fix error = beta = I do NOT pay to play-
They do stuff to fix error = game = I pay to play.
So they now have app 60 days to send me a mail, telling me they have found and arrested the rabbit that ran away with my flowers, after that... well I'm going to find another game to have fun with.
I play in my spare time, and I want to have FUN doing that, not working my computer to fix games that have been programmed badly.
Sadly this could have been a great game, but the lack of endgame ( and players to actually have some war with and against ) will break this game very fast imho.
Will perhaps try in half a year or so to see if they have fixed the lack of service, and have reconsidered their stance on not helping players get the stuff back their game ( and bad programming ) made disapear.
Until then, have fun all, and thanks for a fun first month.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
I like the game already and will keep on playing it for a while no matter the quality of 1.05 (even tho it looks very decent on paper so far I might add).

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
They nerfed healing. I will reroll if they doesn't boost up the big interruptible heal.
I'm fine with that they nerfing the hot's as it was possible for a bunch of healers to spam hot on everything and stacking 10+ hots on everyone making them almost impossible to kill.
Give us daoc very powerful but very easy interrupted spells instead of this unskillful crappy spells.

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
my freee is up and going to give it a while to see how it goes as at this time I cant find anything to realy keep me interested or give me insentive to level. majority of the PVE world is too quiet due to people using the PVP instances to level so untill it ballences out I cant see me coming back.

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie

It's simple really. If something stops being fun, I stop doing it.

War is fun atm.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
I'm going to wait and see. This game is missing that something daoc had

Toel

Loyal Freddie
I'll continue subscribing. Few issues here and there, though I'm confident Mythic'll sort em out in time.

Turamber

Part of the furniture

It's simple really. If something stops being fun, I stop doing it.

War is fun atm.

This. It is fun, and the lack of endless raiding and grinding artifacts is win/win in my book.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie

same here.

tier 4 was absolutely zero fun, this proposed patch just put the last nail in the coffin for me. the negatives in this game far outweigh the positives.

i was definately hoping for DAoC 2 and openly admit it, instead it ended up a mix match of DAoC and WoW, taking mostly bad points from both games or taking the good points and poorly implementing them.

definately one my top 3 most disapointing games, however, i will frequent the forums for the next couple of months, it took them a while to get DAoC right, i am hoping that in time they can get this right. getting it right before a lot of people leave (a crazy amount of people in my guild or that i know otherwise have already left) is another matter.

i voted "My first month has expired and I've no intention of returning" because i cant see things changing. maybe (hopefully) i will be wrong

EDIT: forgot to mention the PvE grind, just no

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Patch isn't actually live and isn't finished so it's far too early for a poll.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
How can you even say how will this affect you without trying it first?

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I never played DAoC so I don't have any of the same nostalgia most people on here seem to have. I've played lots of other games, but the only really MMO related game I've played before this is GuildWars: and WAR beats GW on most areas at the moment. In addition to this I have for some time been a fan of the Warhammer universe. So really other than the bugs which have been repeated by everyone 100 times, I'm enjoying this game and I just resubbed for 30 days earlier today.
Also I haven't got anywhere close to t4 yet so I can't comment on end game, as I don't have much time to play due to more important things in life. Hopefully by the time I get there it will have improved.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
binned it for now, may sub at christmasish, should be level 80 in WoW then, the break will be welcome.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Don't think any of the options really say what I think.

I'll only quit if they make my main less fun to play or if the patch causes a population change I can't live with (e.g. too many healers reroll DPS classes, or population drops too low).

I'm not of the mind to think that a single significant patch should fix everything important, but it could miss the mark widely enough to cause a general exodus I suppose.

What he said..

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
It wont be make or break for me. But if I see Mythic going into the trend of DAoC of listening to the largest group of whiners, then it will decrease my enjoyment of the game and could become a factor in my subscription.

And well - frankly - I do see a trend starting with the revisions to patch 1.0.5 mirroring the largest group of whining on the forums.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
I agree with the guy above, I love this game and especially love my class, in all the games I have played I truly feel like a glass cannon here, I just hope Mythic dont listen to the moaners any more and reduce me to a sub-par DPS'er with added self harming.

I wont cancell at the moment, but if they continue with their current trend of pandering to the cry babies whines on the forums I will definately move on, just got a beta invite from Runes of Magic and lots of new games coming out soon including AiON & Chronicles of Spellborn

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
I'd continue to play, but I'm really tired regarding playing a Marauder. It's fun to run around solo in areas for rvr, but when you end up beating on a Runepriest 6 levels lower than you and still able to constantly heal up despite having a 75% heal debuff from Savage spec, then it gets tiring. Plus Gutripper from Savage line dosen't work either >_<

Meh..

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie

Ive been thinking that, and it could be WAR is easy mode on everything, coz everything comes so easy we dont have that sense of achievement we did in daoc, Everythign in DAOC was uber hardcore mode, remember dying?!?! it REALLY pissed you off, the rush of RVR when a grp wipeout meant a trip back to the teleporters. still love war tho, and we aint all lvl40 yet. so proper rvr aint really started yet imo :)

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
I'm going to wait and see. This game is missing that something daoc had

Agree with this, can't quite put my finger on what it is whether its the faster levelling that makes you feel less attached to your character, the lack of realm territory that makes you feel less inclined to run off an defend or just the combat mechanics feeling a bit more clunky (for want of a better word).

But on the positive side it is alot more casual friendly and it's probably good for my blood pressure not to care about 'our' territory in the way I did in DaoC both of which are good things with me due to give birth in 3 weeks :)

So in short I don't base decision purely on patches alone (hell I stuck with AoC through alot of bad patches) so this wont be a deciding factor for me but rather whether I continue to have fun in the limited play time I'll have available.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Agree with this, can't quite put my finger on what it is whether its the faster levelling that makes you feel less attached to your character, the lack of realm territory that makes you feel less inclined to run off an defend or just the combat mechanics feeling a bit more clunky (for want of a better word).

But on the positive side it is alot more casual friendly and it's probably good for my blood pressure not to care about 'our' territory in the way I did in DaoC both of which are good things with me due to give birth in 3 weeks :)

So in short I don't base decision purely on patches alone (hell I stuck with AoC through alot of bad patches) so this wont be a deciding factor for me but rather whether I continue to have fun in the limited play time I'll have available.

which wont be much with a baby on the way! :p

Gahn

Resident Freddy
The patch looks horrible on paper from the pure overall balance and what drugs Devs are on atm.
Gonna look and see what effectively slips through it and give Goa 1 (i underline the ONE) month to get their acts togheter about the same level of service (NO SHIT dudes) they promised us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom