Patch 1.05: Is it Make or Break for you?

Aada

Part of the furniture
The game didn't live up to the hype as far as i am concerned i have no intention of returning but hey maybe in a year or so i might give it another try.

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
"I never played WAR I only go on these forums to troll. You're all bastards and I hate you all."

Haha made me laugh.

I voted: "My first month has expired and I've no intention of returning."

Ahlgard

Loyal Freddie
Im having a great time in WAR and i will subscribe for a long time to come. Some ppl say that there is no end game and that Tier 4 sucks etc. Im just curious to what you are doing when playing? I am currently soloing and playing duo and small grps in open rvr. Im joining Warbands sometimes for keep takes (Great loot) and taking BO's and zerging around in bigger battles. Sometimes, although rarely, i join a scenario. For you who say that there is nothing to do, Are you just logging in, standing still for a while and log out? I dont get it :p

Blake

Fledgling Freddie
cool /quit

give more /Quit so we finaly can start playing the game without all those wine spammers.

:flame:

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
The majority of people on here were glad when you posted that though :p

Hufner

Fledgling Freddie
Where's the "I'll continue to play regardless, but I still hate you all" option? :(

charl8tan

Fledgling Freddie
Will continue playing, though I'm not happy with the healing system or the nerfs to healing considering how piss weak it is. Hope it will change really.

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
I have subscribed. I will continue playing for the present. However, I do have my eye on 1.05 and will be very interested to see what state it goes live in. My mains are a WP and IB, and both classes will be somewhat less effective after this patch in it's current state (DPS increases make healing much more difficult, and Grudge has been shot to pieces).

I will experience 1.05 for myself before making a decision on whether I continue playing or not, but at the moment, I must admit I'm a wee bit depressed at the thought of it. Not just 1.05, but the game as a whole just isn't quite delivering as I had expected it to.

The RvR areas are so small, with the respawn points so close together, than RvR become either warcamp camping, or keep battles. There's very little open skirmish. Crafting is pure and utter shit. There is little incentive to group up for PvE rather than just solo questing up the levels.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Im having a great time in WAR and i will subscribe for a long time to come. Some ppl say that there is no end game and that Tier 4 sucks etc. Im just curious to what you are doing when playing? I am currently soloing and playing duo and small grps in open rvr. Im joining Warbands sometimes for keep takes (Great loot) and taking BO's and zerging around in bigger battles. Sometimes, although rarely, i join a scenario. For you who say that there is nothing to do, Are you just logging in, standing still for a while and log out? I dont get it :p

Problem is myself and alot of people I spoke to don't like the zerg attitude or taking keeps of which most of the time is undefended (really fun playing a PvP game and the BG decides to PvE 10+ keeps..).
That and the fact that there was little to no group fights going on in ORvR (atleast when I left) it was all zergs and tbh that gets boring well fast.
Then you get the end game which is even more PvE.. that part I still don't understand.

The game has alot of potential but I fear they looked a bit too much to WoW when deciding what PvP system they would use and that's the major let down, for me atleast.
Atleast in DAoC you could go out solo and meet fellow solo'ers, in WAR you go out solo and find a 30+ person warband chasing you through 5 zones for RPs, when you go ORvR the game basically forces you to join a WB and leaves little for solo'ers or duo's or small scale groups atleast on the more populair servers.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I miss GuildWars, where it was impossible to solo pve in any part of the game except the noob training zone.

Plutaris

Fledgling Freddie
Friends and I , really not sure at the mo.

Mythic have made a great game no doubt. But its got some major flaws that are putting alot of people off.

Also give Guilds notes, thx : )

rynnor

Rockhound
I bought 6 months of subscription - the games not without its issues but I think it has promise and I'm willing to stick around and see where it goes.

The biggest problem from my perspective is that there isnt the same motivation as in daoc to go defend your realm - I'm not really sure why this is so though?

Is it something to do with shared rvr zones?

If they can do something to re-capture that feeling of identification with your realm I think it will be an awesome game :)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
IThe biggest problem from my perspective is that there isnt the same motivation as in daoc to go defend your realm - I'm not really sure why this is so though?

Is it something to do with shared rvr zones?

There's no home turf, no feeling of owning the land you are fighting on. Without that there is less emotional investment in what you are doing.

The fights are still fun though :)

Old Nicodemus

Loyal Freddie
heh, Roo you already know some of my feelings on this.

I personally think there is a good game underneath all the unfinished/broken stuff. The problem has been that the game is in a serious state of not working as intended.

I am unsure of how others feel but the first 20 levels are fun and well done, it seems that once past this there seems to be a serious lack of interesting things to do (pve wise at least).

I have no connection with the side I am playing unlike in Dark Age where I had instant connection to Mid and fought to keep the pox bearing albs and wussy hibbies out.

I once paid to play for a game that was really in beta and I refuse to do so again. This was an unfinished product that has been rushed out. I shall see how folks react to the patch and make a decision from there. Most likely i will not pay to play for the next few months because I want to log in and enjoy my time rather than login and only enjoy chatting to my guildmates and alliance friends.

The patch is a make a break. they don't have to fix everything but they better make a damn good effort fixing the glaring holes and addressing the others pdq.

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
There's no home turf, no feeling of owning the land you are fighting on.

Not the case in my opinion. I love to bash stunties and empire filth and vice versa with Order chars.

With Daoc it was just "nice fantasy pve" with pvp after. Now it's brutal War 100%.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I'm level 38 on K8P and what I dislike about Scenarios is no sense of achievement. Nothing beats taking a tower or keep like in daoc.

I will continue to play and hit 40, then I will see what the Contested Zone RVR is like. That's the make or break thing for me.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Poll closed yesterday and came out pretty much as expected. Although only a subset of the population maybe its an indication of the percentages as a whole. Who knows.

But it seems like about 1/3 of the people are either fence-sitting or not coming back, the rest will continue, at least for now. Happily, this would indicate the doom-sayers are dead wrong.

On with the war.

WAAAAAAAAGH!

Marwolaeth

Fledgling Freddie
You missed an option.

- Will continue to play WAR and in fact are looking forward to the new patch since you're not a Torture spec or Dark Rites spec DoK and so get a heap load of loving that vastly outweighs the "healing nerf".

I wanna choose that option... :)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
You missed an option.

- Will continue to play WAR and in fact are looking forward to the new patch since you're not a Torture spec or Dark Rites spec DoK and so get a heap load of loving that vastly outweighs the "healing nerf".

I wanna choose that option... :)

There's no healing nerf at all by the way.

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
Missed the poll, would've hit "play WAR regardless".

I enjoy this game, no grinding and theres a point to doing the PvP. The story is pretty good too. If it becomes crap then I'll reconsider my options, but I'm not hankering after an MMO to play. My life is far too awesome for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom