password incorrect?

sayward

Resident Freddy
Just in case I've put that post in the wrong thread here's another version. Couldn't log on with the password I have used for years. Changed to another one. Thought I'd be clever and change it back to my old one but it still didn't work so had to get another new one. Which I stand no chance of remembering. Is someone trying to tell me something? Should I be worried?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
You do not need to be worried, I could force it back to what you originally had but then I would know your password which is something I would rather not :)

Not sure why the password was not accepted, will have to check the logs but that will wait till tomorrow, just got in from work.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Ta, that's ok I'll survive. Just gave me a shock.:) xxx

sayward

Resident Freddy
Hate to say it but have just had to get yet another password as thought i'd check and see if it would let me back in and no. I've worked thro about three passwords tonight!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Have to agree with Ch3tan, everyone else is not having issues with passwords....

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Tried using Lastpass?

sayward

Resident Freddy
Well it let me back on tonight with the most recent one. I cleared all cookies like you suggested in the other thread, would that do it? Dare I now risk changing back to my old password? What's Lastpass? Keyboard only a year old can't get another!!!

sayward

Resident Freddy
Right, every time I try my old password it won't work. So think i agree there must be something wrong with one of those keys. Over use with being on FH so much?!!! Is there a rule does it have to have numbers and letters?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Right, every time I try my old password it won't work. So think i agree there must be something wrong with one of those keys. Over use with being on FH so much?!!! Is there a rule does it have to have numbers and letters?
There is no password policy in place at FH (though I would love to create one but that is another subject all together)

sayward

Resident Freddy
Maybe I'll leave well alone and use the generated one.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well it let me back on tonight with the most recent one. I cleared all cookies like you suggested in the other thread, would that do it? Dare I now risk changing back to my old password? What's Lastpass? Keyboard only a year old can't get another!!!
Lastpass is a browser plugin that stores your passwords securely and in encrypted form on their servers.

You can use the browser plugin to login to sites for you automatically, generate secure passwords and more importantly it can extract your existing passwords from your browsers storage if you don't know what it might have stored anymore.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
As MYstIC G say, LastPass is great, have the premium version and store everything in it and have activated 2 factor authentication using a Yubikey (which you attach to your account on here too for added security!). Your vault is stored in an encrypted form on their servers and is only ever decrypted on the device where you access it.

sayward

Resident Freddy
You obviously don't realise how un technical I am, you may as well talk to me in Russian.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Install Lastpass.

Have it read all your stored passwords from Firefox/Chrome into it.

It can then show you in plain text what is stored in your browser as your password.

If you change your password on a site it will ask you to store the updated password, etc.

http://lastpass.com/features_free.php

sayward

Resident Freddy
Ah, I'll try it when I've psyched myself up to it. Thanx.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Deebs I've gotten this as well. Tried both with computer and iPhone, Safari and Chrome, and still I keep getting the incorrect password error. Tried to reset pw a couple of times but it won't work..

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Deebs I've gotten this as well. Tried both with computer and iPhone, Safari and Chrome, and still I keep getting the incorrect password error. Tried to reset pw a couple of times but it won't work..
And you absolutely sure you are typing the password correctly and not getting wrong?

CorNokZ

And you absolutely sure you are typing the password correctly and not getting wrong?
Positive! Just had to redo it again.. Also every time I log on I get two notifications that my account is now 100% complete

Come to think about it, the problems started about the time that I completed my account

Syri

FH is my second home
Slightly different take on this. My password was flagged as incorrect, so I changed it. That worked, no problem. Got a temporary password, but now it won't let me change it to one of my choice. It just says that the old password is incorrect. I've tried using my actual old password and the temporary password in that box, but it will not work with either. Basically, I'm stuck with the temporary password...

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Deebs gay account setup bollocks strikes again!
It has fuckall to do with that, if anything it is the addon which reencrypts the password to use bcrypt. Stop spouting shit, it makes you look stupid.

CorNokZ

Slightly different take on this. My password was flagged as incorrect, so I changed it. That worked, no problem. Got a temporary password, but now it won't let me change it to one of my choice. It just says that the old password is incorrect. I've tried using my actual old password and the temporary password in that box, but it will not work with either. Basically, I'm stuck with the temporary password...
This exactly

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
I've tried to reproduce this locally using the BCrypt add-on and the authentication converter but can't. Deebs can you try it with a test user on FH and see if you can get it to happen.

It might be an incompatibility between other add-ons?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
CorNokZ or Syri can either one of you create a new account named FH_TestUser1 and see if you can reproduce the issue?

I guess that you didn't actually want to change your password and it one day just said it was wrong much like sayward ?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Actually guys, hold off, SheepCow is going to try and add extra logging into the mod tonight/tomorrow, so wait until I have installed the new version first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom