Part of the M6 toll road to close

gmloki

Part of the furniture
According to Teletext part of the M6 toll road south bound is to be closed for repairs. £900million quid and its been open 5 weeks. This country is going down the pan people

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
Ash said:
According to Teletext part of the M6 toll road south bound is to be closed for repairs. £900million quid and its been open 5 weeks. This country is going down the pan people

WTF seriously. I dont know the road but why would it need repairing after 5 weeks ?

Gray

FH is my second home
M6 TOLL ROAD LANES CLOSED

Maintenance workers have closed off a stretch of Britain's first toll motorway for repairs - less than five weeks after the £900m route opened.

The operators of the M6 Toll confirmed that two lanes of the southbound carriageway have been closed near Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands.

A Midland Expressway Ltd spokesman said the lane closures were necessary to correct an "unevenness" in the surface.

Off Teletext as Ash says

PR.

Fledgling Freddie
These things happen perhaps when it was laid the mixture was wrong and traffic has made it uneven. Or more likely it was picked up as a niggle on inspection but it was opened it on time to make money and then go back later and fix it.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
£900m to repair a fucking road, yeah gotta love how the cash is spent in this country.

Gray

FH is my second home
Sharma said:
£900m to repair a fucking road, yeah gotta love how the cash is spent in this country.

No... :p

Unless i got the wrong end of the stick

It cost £900m to build it, not to repair it :p

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Nah, looks like everyone else got the wrong end of the stick. ;)

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Hrm, oops i guess, as shown i have got the wrong end of the stick. :p

JBP|

Part of the furniture
im not sure if this is true or not but i was once told that is costs 1million to build 1 mile of motorway. (this was a few years ago)

i have travelled on the toll road and i gotta say its great,£2 and you knock off 45 mins of travel time (assuming the normal M6 is clear which it usually isnt)

now all they need to do is build another one to bypass manchester

xane

Fledgling Freddie
JBP| said:
im not sure if this is true or not but i was once told that is costs 1million to build 1 mile of motorway. (this was a few years ago)

The Limehouse Link tunnel here in London Docklands cost £250 million per mile.

raw

One of Freddy's beloved
Sharma said:
Hrm, oops i guess, as shown i have got the wrong end of the stick. :p
You really thought it would cost 900 million to repair a road? you could buy 1/2 of the Premiership with that much money :D

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
raw said:
You really thought it would cost 900 million to repair a road? you could buy 1/2 of the Premiership with that much money :D

The road would still be better value tbh.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Engineers make mistakes.

They obviously didnt make that particular stretch of road properly. Or the ground is different there to the rest and with all the traffic on the road has caused it to become uneaven.

There are quite a few roads Ive driven on where thats happened....Its only getting the bad press due to the fact its a toll road and they can bleat about the 900m it cost to build.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
xane said:
The Limehouse Link tunnel here in London Docklands cost £250 million per mile.
That's because it's a tunnel & clearly that's not the fairest of comparisons. Did you also know the tunnel leaks water at the rate of about a magnum of champagne a second?

Oh & it's not always those pesky engineers, sometimes the actual contractors just don't build shit to plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom