parry or block

C

Cala-more

atm iam currently 42shiled 50 slash rest parry

Overall would I avoid more pain with 50 shield but opting for lower parry?

O

old.mattshanes

50 weap 50 shield 28 parry is better than 50/42/39.

Why?

because mainly the fact more shield=more blocks but shield can block several targets at once,parry can not.Also isn't the lv50 shield style suppose to be decent?

B

Belsameth

yeah, long duration stun that chains off a block. aptly named Brutalize as well :D

W

Wilson

Shield all the way.

Parry decreases with the more targets on you. its also gets halved against anyone using a 2-handed weapon.

Shield can block up to 3 targets at once, you can guard and intercept for realm mates, it has its own style line, with a anytime 9 second stun, and a 11 second stun from a block, and with 50 shield, you will block alot.

Just my 2c

E

erhardtt

Furthermore, the block parry thing works like this:
If you fail to block, you will have a chance of parrying.

C

Coim-

Originally posted by Cala-more
atm iam currently 42shiled 50 slash rest parry

Overall would I avoid more pain with 50 shield but opting for lower parry?
I have same spec. Same problem. Think I'm respecing 50 shield next patch.

V

vintervargen

calamore, parry wont save your support now will it

parry - pve spec

A

Arnor

Originally posted by vintervargen
calamore, parry wont save your support now will it

parry - pve spec

pff, support schmupport :p

S

Sarnat

Originally posted by erhardtt
Furthermore, the block parry thing works like this:
If you fail to block, you will have a chance of parrying.

I think it's the otherway around. Parry first, then block.

F

Flimgoblin

think it delves at 10 seconds? could be wrong.

It's ever so slightly longer than slam.

K

Kindar

A little stronger, yes :)
Its actually 9.8 sec stun on Brutalize...kinda worth it, although you gotta block on something first to execute the style

C

Coim-

Originally posted by Kindar
although you gotta block on something first to execute the style
Yeah but if you're 50 shield won't you block like mad anyway. And you still have slam to stop people running away, guarding casters etc.

V

vindicat0r

All good points above.

Another 1 to consider is weapon skill. I am told that ur chance to block an attack from say a hero with 50 LW +11 is more likely to be blockd if u have more shield spec that he has weapon spec. basically 50+ 11 and some RR < mebbe MoB etc >. That would mean ws, makes sense.

Also, Shield has useful abilities for grp while parry has only 1's for ur self.

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Coim-
Yeah but if you're 50 shield won't you block like mad anyway. And you still have slam to stop people running away, guarding casters etc.

I dont tend to hit people looking like a shield specced tank, recognizable by not waving his arms around and having a big shield in his hand :). So it isnt that useful until people actually killed your support, but it still is nice :).
And speccing 1 point of shield gives you same chance of blocking as speccing 1 point of parry, except that shield is as said a more useful tool to have :).

C

Cozak

Got brutalised last night.. right clicked the stun read as 10seconds...

N

Namtih

My arms before patch was 50 shield 50 slash rest parry as a Highlander arms, i could solo 2/3 yellows at a time, and having about 50% hp at the end of it..... that was because of brutilise, its 10 sec stun using less endurance that diamond slash, so u can use it continuesly with higher damage than any other style you have. (Now he is 50 pole 50 slash, much more fun... doing 400 damage per hit on yellows....)

C

Conchabar

i think hybrid armsman is the best spec .. slam get big nasty pole and go for sum nasty dmg from behind but nyeh thats my

2c

ps its 10 seconds on brutalise

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom