Parry , Evade etc

C

Crashtje

Dont know if this belongs in the noob section but, i was wondering about the defence penalties etc, being a pierce specced BM, what style gives mre chance of an e vade ? someone please explain the formula , i.e higher defence more evade / parry etc cos it would be handy to know :)

O

old.mattshanes

Styles never effect your evade rate, they do however effect the damage you will take on next hit and chance the target will miss you.

C

Crashtje

well with styles (dual wield etc) i heard that the lower the defence bonus or higher what have you , the more likely you are to evade

V

vindicat0r

Originally posted by Crashtje
well with styles (dual wield etc) i heard that the lower the defence bonus or higher what have you , the more likely you are to evade

That's not true

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Styles never effect your evade rate, they do however effect the chance the target will miss you.

That is.

C

cjkaceBM

You will find that certain styles do indeed increase your chance to evade/parry the next attack.

While levelling in Coruscating Mines on weeweres I found that after using Fireblade/Spectrum I would parry or evade the next attack, more than when I used Hurricane/Solar Flare.

Whether it was due to the decrease in the enemies attack speed or the better defense bonus is open to debate.

Although it is interesting that if you use a taunt style (penalty to defense) the chances of you evading/parrying are very low, which would suggest that if you use a style with a defense bonus, your chances to use defensive abilities (evade/parry) do indeed increase.

Y

Yussef

Tests have been done that show only misses are modified, misses occur after defensive checks too.

Users who are viewing this thread