Parry and 2h weapons

O

old.Emma

Hiya peeps,

just wondering is parry and 2h wepaons still bugged in 1.50 ?

i just tried a small test nothing major, didnt make any logs at all..

here are my stats so far :D

Highlander Armswoman
+10 str/con/dex
lvl 13

13 Polearm
10 Slash
6 Parry
1 Shield

Against a lvl 5 mob (cutpurse)

I let the mob hit me 22 times during that time with a 95% quality alloy lochaber axe i parried twice...

I then tried the same test again.. same number of attacks using my shield and sword. both 85% steel. enchanted of course :D

22 attacks. I parried 5 times and blocked 6 on the same mob.. I may go back and try the same test several times to get an average but im sure parry is still bugged if so, when is it fixed :D

O

old.Kladen

2handed weaps dont parry much. still bugged till next patch i think

O

old.Emma

Thaught so, cos judge`n by that very small test i`d rather be sword `n` board and hit for less, but block/parry more than hit for more and have such poor defense

O

old.chesnor

2h parry was fixed in 1.47. basically with 6 in parry you have a 8% chance to parry (I think). So with 6 in parry 2 from 22 seems okay to me.

With the S&B you have 8% chance to parry and 5% chance to block. Just appears you got lucky. Prolly have to extend your sample size to like 220 hits to get meaningful data, but I hav'nt noticed 2h not parrying as much as 1h....

O

old.Emma

mmm.... i was just checking.. its not a real issue with me really, as i will be respeccing to S&B anyway :D i like the dmg from polearm but prefer better defense.. so am aiming for a final spec of 44 slash/44 shield/44 parry :D

O

old.Kladen

sheild/sword is slightly better than 2handed weapons, according to some duels i read on VN boards. so 1handed sheild is always a good choice (that includes celt spear)

S

Solid

2H Parry was fixed ages ago yes.

Also note in RvR wheras being in a gorup grants you a Bonus tohit, it does not grant you a bonus to def, meaning immediately in group vs group RvR you defensive skilsl count for up to 8x worse off.

Also parry chance is divided by the number of attackers you are currently engaged with, eg 3 peeps attacking you, your parry chances is divided by 3.

S

starblade

Yup, parry was fixed some patches ago. I notice it in PvE mostly tho as I never parried in RvR (mainly because all of you have a tendency towards using big flaming weapons and heavy styles against a poor AF battery as me :p)

At a parry of 22, you will parry nicely in PvE encounters. But, as a 2hander / pole ... it is your ONLY defense making it important to floor the mob as quick as possible.

Personally, I will go to s/s in respec to improve my role as defender in a group (and believe me, with chants on 48, you can keep a group up on its feet for a long time so why not add a high blocking rate to it :) ). Will also be a nice change since my back is hurting like hell from endlessly dragging around that big meat slicer on it.

R

Ragnarok1978

Well,

I wouldn't put too much into the tests you did there Emma, main reason is because you're still pretty low level. The percentages when that low are not really gonna be stable.

However, it does make sense that your defence is better using 1h+shield than with a 2h.

Personally, I'm first really starting to get some decent results now at level 25, usually I get off 1 or 2 parries against yellow, and 2-4 against a blue, even with just the basic 1 point in parry still (+ 1 or 2 from items I think). Ofcourse I still evade like a madman (Evade IV), but that also has to do with the fact that I maxed out my dex buff form items and my quickness is 1 or 2 points from maxing as well, then adding my own dex buff on top of that :)

O

old.willowywicca

Well personnaly I find I parry an awful lot in both pve and rvr (most being 7 or so parries in one rvr fight..). however before I got high qua/af armour (ie my epic) and high qua weapon too, I found I parried very little in pve and rvr. once I got these, in pve I can often beat a yellow and get hit only once or twice max cos of lots of parries .. (parried an orange con weewere 12 times for example..) and in rvr against single opponents I parry loads now, altho bug with grouped people means not many parries most of the time (currently thinks that all of the enemie's group is attacking you, so if he's with 8 people, you have 1/8 chance to parry, even if only he is hitting you..)

Mal

F

Flimgoblin

Sword and board will win duels...

RvR isn't about duels :)

if you're defending yourself then your shield will be very handy... if, however, you're being ignored completely and are just charging around slaughtering cloth-wearers then you want two handed.

It's all down to playstyle.

S

Solid

Lol Male, course u parry loads, u spec it rather high (round about 28 spec?) and then u gain 15 dex over levels added to your base 80 dex from ebing Lurikeen and your +10 you may or may not have added at character creation. Without items or Realm Ranks you will probably run around with 105 Dex, addd average 50 from items and thats 150 Dex, +12 for Aug Dex 2 (pre req for Mastery of Pain) and your prolly closer to 175 Dex, am I warm? thought so.

Now correlate back to classes that gain no dex from ite,s, have only low Dex races to choose. my Dex with Aug Dex 2 and +50 Dex from items is only 112. I find that large increases in Dex seem to effect Parry more than a few spec points in Parry skill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom