Parkour

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Why are people that free run generally repulsive looking?

Some good shots there, there's plenty of scope with this sport/activity for creative freedom, would probably be good if you managed to work closely with them, creating an overall aesthetic, rather than just shooting what they do (by this I mean taking in large consideration of geometric and person positioning to create striking images).

Dunno how many films it's featured in now, but District 13 is a particularly fun film :)

BennyBoy

Regular Freddie
I've been shooting with them for about 18 months and will be heading over to Lisses (birthplace of parkour) this summer as I try get a more rounded view of them and their lives.

The Urban Motion - A journey set on my flickr page has a much more rounded view than just the spectacular stuff, I prefer many of the photos in there. Urban Motion - A Journey - a photoset on Flickr

So far I've had one of the photos displayed at Tate Britain, another about to be published in an art book, an article in JPG magazine, and stuff in papers like the Times and Guardian - my end goal is to get a book published.

Cheers for your thoughts.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Good luck with the book: I can imagine it could do very well with the right balance of content and visual style.

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
Turning cities into one huge (and vertical) playground has fascinated me since I first learned of parkour/freerunning - nice photos ;-)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Benneh!

How you doing you old cow?

BennyBoy

Regular Freddie
Hiya Trem, I'm not bad man.

@brooky yeah it's in Leeds, near the Merrion centre (top end near the uni) - they've ripped it out now and replaced it with some stairs.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
What equipment you using? lens etc?

some really interesting shots there. I think you need to be a little more selective tho. But liking the energy in the more moody shots. I'm a big fan of darker images when i take them myself

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Some nice pics there Ben. I also like your own portrait.

BennyBoy

Regular Freddie
What equipment you using? lens etc?

some really interesting shots there. I think you need to be a little more selective tho. But liking the energy in the more moody shots. I'm a big fan of darker images when i take them myself

A mix of kit, Canon 5D, 1DMKII, Leica M6, and a Rollei 6008i - quite a few different lenses, but mainly a 17-40L and 50/1.4 on the EOS cameras, a 50 cron on the M6, and an 80 HFT on the Rollei.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
That's some really great info there Benny. I bought myself a Panny fz30 a while back when I thought I could take photography up as a hobby. Took a couple of pretentious arty shots of hammersmith bridge that I felt were reasonably successful but then did some race-day photography at silverstone that was, for the most part, total shit. After that kinda lost interest and the camera has been sitting on my shelf for over a year.

I was actually just thinking the other day it might be quite cool to try and get back in to it, but aside from the technical side of taking well crafted/composed images I find it really difficult to get inspiration of things to shoot. I thought about going in to town and shooting the gherkin but I think that's been done to death.

Is your eye for potentially interesting images something you found you just had, or something you've trained over the years?

edit: btw, love that disabled escalator photo too :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
BennyBoy!!

Long time no speak and this is bloody eerie. Yesterday we had a conversation about "parkour" which I brought up and noone could remember the actual name. Tomorrow you shall be mentioned!

So how you doing? Good pics there fella.

BennyBoy

Regular Freddie
I'm not bad at all mate, working for CSC up north on that same NHS contract still, 3 sprogs in tow - life is good.

Next time I'm heading down to London I'll get in touch we can grab a beer or whatever eh!

BennyBoy

Regular Freddie
That's some really great info there Benny. I bought myself a Panny fz30 a while back when I thought I could take photography up as a hobby. Took a couple of pretentious arty shots of hammersmith bridge that I felt were reasonably successful but then did some race-day photography at silverstone that was, for the most part, total shit. After that kinda lost interest and the camera has been sitting on my shelf for over a year.

I was actually just thinking the other day it might be quite cool to try and get back in to it, but aside from the technical side of taking well crafted/composed images I find it really difficult to get inspiration of things to shoot. I thought about going in to town and shooting the gherkin but I think that's been done to death.

Is your eye for potentially interesting images something you found you just had, or something you've trained over the years?

edit: btw, love that disabled escalator photo too :)

Well, I'm a bit obsessive about things, when I get into something I REALLY get into it, the photographic 'eye' really needs a lot of training, some people are blessed with it from the get go, others acquire it with practice. Honestly you've no idea how many shite pics I've taken since I started doing this 'seriously' in 2005!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm not bad at all mate, working for CSC up north on that same NHS contract still, 3 sprogs in tow - life is good.

Next time I'm heading down to London I'll get in touch we can grab a beer or whatever eh!

Yeh that would be good. I am out with Lecter on the 22nd March....

BennyBoy

Regular Freddie
BTW, I see there's a wanted page for me in the wiki, what's that all about?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Go add and edit the page :)

BennyBoy

Regular Freddie
Kinell man I'd be writing for a year! Let me pluck up some courage first.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Well, I'm a bit obsessive about things, when I get into something I REALLY get into it, the photographic 'eye' really needs a lot of training, some people are blessed with it from the get go, others acquire it with practice. Honestly you've no idea how many shite pics I've taken since I started doing this 'seriously' in 2005!
I figured that might be the case, guess I just gotta get out there and keep snapping.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
A mix of kit, Canon 5D, 1DMKII, Leica M6, and a Rollei 6008i - quite a few different lenses, but mainly a 17-40L and 50/1.4 on the EOS cameras, a 50 cron on the M6, and an 80 HFT on the Rollei.

Very nice equipment there cant beat L lens :D

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
dutch gayzor alert - :) thought you liked your men in rubber teeds

but I do? also, don't forget once apon a time I used to be a photographer* ;)

*not of men in rubber

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom