Paralympics?

sayward

Resident Freddy
Well I've enjoyed watching especially The Last Leg with Adam Hills. And if it just alters a few people's perception of the disabled it's a good thing.

I am absolutely fascinated by Pistorious's blades, he must give so much hope to recent amputees who think they've no hope of ever doing anything.

And it was absolutely brilliant to see Alex Zinardi doing so well. I know most of you are too young to remember him in F1.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I was watching the Blind Football match yesterday and i actually just felt embarrassed for them, it really made me cringe watching them and i had to turn it off after 10mins i just felt really horrible watching it.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Well I've enjoyed watching especially The Last Leg with Adam Hills. And if it just alters a few people's perception of the disabled it's a good thing.

I am absolutely fascinated by Pistorious's blades, he must give so much hope to recent amputees who think they've no hope of ever doing anything.

And it was absolutely brilliant to see Alex Zinardi doing so well. I know most of you are too young to remember him in F1.
1997 isnt that far gone is it .. damn i feel old :'(

sayward

Resident Freddy
Yes some of it is just bizarre. Felt awful for the two British girls who couldn't do the baton handover in the relay yesterday.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I wish they would say what is supposed to be wrong with them when they do coverage on the BBC website, half of them look fine to me...

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Why don't they put them in some sort of giant pit like say, the Olympic Stadium. Then a referee walks in and throws a knife on the floor and then counts down from 3. The last guy standing (subjective in this case) wins and he/she will take home the ultimate prize.

Plus it'd get more viewers surely?

soze

I am a FH squatter
I can't watch it. I end up feeling sorry for them and that is not what it is about or what they want. These people are amazing either through birth defects or accidents they are not what we consider normal. But rather than sit around and feel sorry for themselves they go out and they master a sport as best they can. They don'e do it for pity so when i sit there and start feeling sorry for a guy because of the way he walks i feel like a cunt :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I can't watch it. I end up feeling sorry for them and that is not what it is about or what they want. These people are amazing either through birth defects or accidents they are not what we consider normal. But rather than sit around and feel sorry for themselves they go out and they master a sport as best they can. They don'e do it for pity so when i sit there and start feeling sorry for a guy because of the way he walks i feel like a cunt :(

Nothing irks me more then someone(usually yank) going "Such a brave soul for doing XYZ even with diabetes!". Yeah, i guess i'm a real trooper superman too for living a normal life with it. Ofcourse doesn't apply to disabilities, but people who have a managable condition that use it as a "look at me" can go f*ck themselves.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Who would you crucify first - Bono or Chris Martin?

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Well i thought the music to the closing ceremony was alot better then the proper closing ceremony(i thought it was a huge dissapointment of nobody singers)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I'm pleased for Team GB. We did very well over both Olympics. I think I'm right in saying, and correct me if I'm wrong: the best we've ever done? Think the volunteers in their purple tops did a great job. And cheers to the army for doing G4S's job for them (heads need to roll at G4S imo...or perhaps we can ship the board out to Afghanistan to help the army clear IED's...).

Its been interesting, but to be honest, I'm glad its over, and everything can start returning to normal.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
i still think the whole g4s not being able to find enough staff thing is a massive conspiarcy. the government paid them off so they could bring in more army without making people paranoid.

/joor

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Thank fuck they are over. Not just the para one. Both. Now we can get on as normal and not have to put up with them here again for a good long time. Glad I'm off to Spain tomorrow to miss the parade or whatever it is. Humbug ;).

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Well no bombs went off and no-one went amok with a machine gun, so that's good for a start.
One of the girls from the wifes running club was a volunteer and cos she's fit they put her in all the best places and she had pictures of herself with all the hollywood stars, she gave us a slide show at the local, which was so good on so many levels, chickin wing buffet and all the girls in her club were dressed like prostitutes and they've all got spot on figures and I was the only bloke, the downsid eis I'm now too old and fat for them to be slightly interested. :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Who would you crucify first - Bono or Chris Martin?

Too hard a question, can't we do both?

While we are at it, can we do the people who on facebook, said it was the best end show ever too?

Tom

I am a FH squatter

There's a bloke I sometimes see while cycling, he rides a hand-cranked "bicycle" (it's more like an adapted wheelchair). It's a wonderful thing to see, he obviously isn't letting his faulty legs stop him from getting out and doing what he enjoys. I have nothing but respect for anyone who does that, especially since arms are so much weaker than legs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom