Pally Spec

H

holydus

Is it best to go Sword/Shield with my pally was not sure to go 2handed or not see

A

alithiel50

Go Sword and Shield... I mean, why spec 2-handed when you do about as damage as if you were weilding a herring? :p

M

m4rk

Pallys made for defense. Slam is great and dmg output of pally will never be "uber" anyway.

D

Draylor

Sword/shield is definitely the way to go.

Any paladin without high chants is a waste of a character slot, but a paladin does not have enough spec points available to allow for a good 2hand spec with high chants and some sort of defence (parry).

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by Draylor
Sword/shield is definitely the way to go.

Any paladin without high chants is a waste of a character slot, but a paladin does not have enough spec points available to allow for a good 2hand spec with high chants and some sort of defence (parry).

Yeah, tell me about it :/

Although I don't do too bad with 43 chants at the moment but I may have to alter some stuff before long. :)

O

old.LandShark

Anyone got any comments on:

48chants, 39slash, 20parry, 42shield

vs

48chants, 44slash, 0parry, 42shield?

Autotrained slash to 48 and chants to 20 FYI

D

dimerian

have 48chants 39 slash 15parry 42 shield - pretty happy with it.

E

Edohadien

its best to go..
48 chants for best AF buff
42 sheild for Slam.
39 slah for (somestyle i cant remember name of)
and rest in parry

i will never Cry me a river with that spec. :D

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Edohadien
its best to go..
48 chants for best AF buff
42 sheild for Slam.
39 slah for (somestyle i cant remember name of)
and rest in parry

i will never Cry me a river with that spec. :D

I am going
46 chants
42 shield
39 slash
20 parry

any af above 850 or so has fast diminishing returns, and imho will be compensated with the higher parry
only reason i see to spec to 48 would be the resist chants

S

starblade

Atm have :
49 chants (yes, thats all of them and sometimes very usefull in keep takes/retakes against DoTs)
42 shield
39 slash (thinking about respeccing to 34 for more parry)
rest parry

Works wonders.

E

Ekydus

If a 2H Paladin hits like weilding a Herring can I ask why you're telling people to go S+S?
After all, in comparison the damage output will be that of a Goldfish.

S

starblade

Yup it is :)

But you sure make a nice X-mas tree when buffed and chanting.

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by Sibanac
46 chants
42 shield
39 slash
20 parry
I'm 48 chants, 42 shield, 39 Slash, 19 Parry.... I love auto-training :great:

Originally posted by Ekydus
If a 2H Paladin hits like weilding a Herring can I ask why you're telling people to go S+S?
Because as a Paladin you should spec for the classes strength, which is defense and not damage.... ;)

O

old.LandShark

Hmmm, when I speak about a defensive tank I'm thinking about one that defenders OTHERS, not himself, which makes parry rather less interesting, even when it'll work properly in RvR.
Dunno, if 44slash actually had a particularly good style instead of sapphire slash, there'd be no indecision at all... but as it is I still can't decide, 39slash 20parry vs 44slash D:

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Hmmm, when I speak about a defensive tank I'm thinking about one that defenders OTHERS, not himself, which makes parry rather less interesting, even when it'll work properly in RvR.
Dunno, if 44slash actually had a particularly good style instead of sapphire slash, there'd be no indecision at all... but as it is I still can't decide, 39slash 20parry vs 44slash D:

well i was speced 42 slash for a while and the dmg output was pretty nice on yellers, cant remember numbers it was a long time ago, but i rember i noticed a big drop in dmg.
One thing worth considering is that in the long run you can always buy some parry with mop + rr + items
and block> parry for a defensive tank anyway

btw i think you mean Amethyst Slashinstead of
44 Sapphire Slash Enrage Medium bonus High penalty Low High Bleeding

A

**Aligro**

48chants
42shield
30parry
29slash

we'll see who fares best on saturday.. mwuhahaha :flame:

H

Hit ^_^

whit 29slash you will do about the same dmg as a heal chant heal :>

E

Exrex

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Anyone got any comments on:

48chants, 39slash, 20parry, 42shield

vs

48chants, 44slash, 0parry, 42shield?

Autotrained slash to 48 and chants to 20 FYI

I think both are good, i would prefer 48chants, 44slash, 0parry, 42shield, though.

But if i had a full respec now i would do:

46chants, 44slash, 42shield, 3 parry.

I have lots of items giving + to parry and shield so i don´t think more than 3parry is needed

A

**Aligro**

well yes.. i do hit for pityfull amounts but v.hard to hit me

T

[TP]Darksbane

atm im specced

44 +15 slash
42 +15 sheild
46 chants
3 +15 parry

i still have a respec from patch 1.54, and im quite tempted to drop slash to 39. all i lose is saphire slash. (39 slash is backslash style).
not sure how much weapon dmg i will lose though????
but the extra parry would be welcomed.
i think if i drop to 39 slash, spec would be

39 slash
42 sheild
46 chants
20 parry.
havent checked it so not sure.

D

Draylor

Originally posted by *Hienrich*
Yeah, tell me about it :/
I believe I did - many times - then finally I took the hint that you were staying 2handed no matter what ;)

S

seeaira

Originally posted by Ekydus

I think too many people Underestimate how much damage a 2handed pally can really do. If specd right you can be quite a good char. I parry almost as much as blocking and do three to four times the damage a S&S pally does.. I respecd to S&S a few months back because of all the people telling me I was gimped, I hated it... So I resped back.
Im 38 slash+11 30 parry+4 38 chant 45 2handed+4

P

[PS]Venom

Yeah I follow a similar philosophy. 2h paladins are too underrated... they aren't that bad a class really. Depends on how you play and what's fun for you.

I'd never dream of speccing s/s. I like 2h too much :D

O

old.Emma

hehe well im puposly attempting to gimp my pala although im not having much luck doing it :/

highlander thrust paladin o_O

going for

48 chants,
42 shield,
39 thrust,
18 parry i think it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom