Paladins

Ciardien

Fledgling Freddie
Hiya all.

Im getting very close to 40 now on my paladin, so im thinking if i need to use that respec or not.
want the paladin to have a rvr spec, so i could use some advice on how to spend all my points.

and btw i play on classic, just thought i would get more respons here :)

Any help appriciated :)

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
Ciardien said:
Hiya all.

Im getting very close to 40 now on my paladin, so im thinking if i need to use that respec or not.
want the paladin to have a rvr spec, so i could use some advice on how to spend all my points.

and btw i play on classic, just thought i would get more respons here :)

Any help appriciated :)
if i had a pala i would go for these specs:
(i would chose the first 2h spec for rvr if i had a pala)
Two-Handed specs:
50 Two-Handed
37 Crush
44 Chants

50 Two-Handed
36 Crush
45 Chants

Hybrid spec:
44 Two-Handed
42 Shield
33 Crush/Slash/Thrust
32 Chants

Sword/Shield spec:
45 Chants
45 Crush/Slash/Thrust
42 Shield
10 Parry

50 Shield
45 Chants
36 Crush/Slash/Thrust

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
you lose to much if you go hybrid spec tbh. red celerity is far to good to miss out on.

on my 2h pala i use this spec
50 2h
34 crush
45 chants
7 shield
rest parry.

this is a very good spec also gives engage if you happen to get targeted by a archer, just switch to shield, turn engage on and look at the ranger/huntar wasting arrows hitting your shield.

Ciardien

Fledgling Freddie
Sword/Shield spec:
45 Chants
45 Crush/Slash/Thrust
42 Shield
10 Parry

that spec sounds nice, dont think im gonna go 2 handed, will stay with shield though, choosing between crush and slash though as weapon choice, any that is better for rvr? with styles i mean

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
Ciardien said:
Sword/Shield spec:
45 Chants
45 Crush/Slash/Thrust
42 Shield
10 Parry

that spec sounds nice, dont think im gonna go 2 handed, will stay with shield though, choosing between crush and slash though as weapon choice, any that is better for rvr? with styles i mean
u should go crush for the dmg table tbh

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
im 50 2h, 33 slash, 45 chants, rest parry.. and it kicks ass :flame: rr7 spec tho.

if you insist staying shield specced, go 50 shield. 99% of the melee enemy will be dual wielders(assassins, blademasters, zerkers, rangers..), and 42 shield is kinda nothing. and if you have sacrificed damage by not speccing 2h, at least make your char defensive enough.. 50 shield + mob4+ ftw.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Righthandof said:
if you insist staying shield specced, go 50 shield. 99% of the melee enemy will be dual wielders(assassins, blademasters, zerkers, rangers..), and 42 shield is kinda nothing. and if you have sacrificed damage by not speccing 2h, at least make your char defensive enough.. 50 shield + mob4+ ftw.

50 shield or 42 doesn't make a whole lot differance against dual wielders, if you are affraid of facing dual wielders go high parry tbh as that gets no penalty against them while shield does.

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
my pally is 48 chant 50 shield 29 slash 13 parry and i do well in PvE...havent tryd much in RvR with him tho

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
50 shield or 42 doesn't make a whole lot differance against dual wielders, if you are affraid of facing dual wielders go high parry tbh as that gets no penalty against them while shield does.

the only style that hits good for shield pallies is brutalize tho, which is block opening... and as parry is checked before block check, you shouldnt go high parry.

Ciardien

Fledgling Freddie
well got 1 level left, so got alittle time to choose, decided not to go 2 handed atleast. so the question is if i should take shield to 42 or 50 and what weapon type i should go with :)

regz

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
the only style that hits good for shield pallies is brutalize tho, which is block opening... and as parry is checked before block check, you shouldnt go high parry.

spamethyst/riposte + slam/back slash hits fine as well :m00:

39slash 42shield 44chants 20parry has always been a good spec for me, the parry helps alot vs. dual wielders

crush might be nice etc, but slash works fine imo

Ciardien

Fledgling Freddie
regz dont you get some leftover points in that spec or have you just forgotten something? :)

thanks for helping out guys

Mybuddies

Fledgling Freddie
Dwali said:
my pally is 48 chant 50 shield 29 slash 13 parry and i do well in PvE...havent tryd much in RvR with him tho

I've got that on my Pally now and it is good for PvE in the sense you don't die. But I find it takes forever to kill a high mob. So I'm going to respec back to 48 chant 42 shield 39 slash rest parry because I'm getting RSI twisting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom