paladin spec

Golgh

Fledgling Freddie
i was wondering what specc i should go whit my newly rolled pala for fg rvr...
any1 got a clue ? =)

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Depends if you want to be an assist train support paladin or a BG paladin.
For the assist train you'll want to be a Warlord cos you'll be twisting Celerity, Damage Add, Heal and Ablative so the end reduction abilities will make up for the lack of end chant and the additional crit chance is great too.
A good 2h spec is:
50 2H
32 Slash
46 Chants
21 Parry
(assumes max autotraining).

For BG paladin you obviously need to be a Battlemaster and you want a much more defensive spec such as:
50 Shield
46 Chants
29 Slash
25 Parry
(again with full autotraining).

46 chants is as high as you really need to go, gives you the best in all the chants you'll need (you're only missing the top AF and elemental resist chants).

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
50 2H, 44-48 Chants, rest in Crush. You can BG with that as well. Yes, you miss slam, but you got two positional stuns and snares and you're still hard to kill in melee with your AF, artifact tools and the fact that you can grapple :eek:. (I'd go with a Reaver or Armsman for BG rather than with a Paladin, see the poll thread in RvR section about Albion BG'er some months ago.)

Parry is useless in FG RvR and twisting endu chant is important for the group.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
50 2H, 44-48 Chants, rest in Crush. You can BG with that as well. Yes, you miss slam, but you got two positional stuns and snares and you're still hard to kill in melee with your AF, artifact tools and the fact that you can grapple :eek:. (I'd go with a Reaver or Armsman for BG rather than with a Paladin, see the poll thread in RvR section about Albion BG'er some months ago.)

You don't need 48 chants unless you're routinely going to be twisting the elemental resists. For the 2H spec you can of course swap out slash for crush or thrust depending on your preference and armour table benefits however you don't need to drop that many points in it so why not have a decent parry? Above a composite 51 there's no difference if you're using a 2H weapon so no need to spec your damage type too high.
You may prefer a Reaver or Arms for BGing but the guy wants to play a Paladin and as I see it there are different specs depending on the job he wants to get set up for and one of the jobs a Paladin can do well is BG.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
Depends if you want to be an assist train support paladin or a BG paladin.
For the assist train you'll want to be a Warlord cos you'll be twisting Celerity, Damage Add, Heal and Ablative so the end reduction abilities will make up for the lack of end chant and the additional crit chance is great too.

Please enlighten me as to why you would twist heal in an assist train? ignoring that fact twisting 4 chants at once will use all your end in about two complete twists if you arent using end chant.

even only twisting 3 chants, maintain sprint all the time and styling with end chant up will keep you very low on end the whole time. Even the best end pot does not make up for not using end chant. When the range was 1000 the benefot was arguable but since it got fixed to 2000 it certainly didnt leave my qbinds.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
Please enlighten me as to why you would twist heal in an assist train? ignoring that fact twisting 4 chants at once will use all your end in about two complete twists if you arent using end chant.

even only twisting 3 chants, maintain sprint all the time and styling with end chant up will keep you very low on end the whole time. Even the best end pot does not make up for not using end chant. When the range was 1000 the benefot was arguable but since it got fixed to 2000 it certainly didnt leave my qbinds.
I use the heal chant animation as a timing guide for twisting. I always twist four chants as I find the rhythm is more natural with four rather than three or five. I have end chant qbound and I hit it in bursts as needed between twists.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
chretien said:
You don't need 48 chants unless you're routinely going to be twisting the elemental resists. For the 2H spec you can of course swap out slash for crush or thrust depending on your preference and armour table benefits however you don't need to drop that many points in it so why not have a decent parry? Above a composite 51 there's no difference if you're using a 2H weapon so no need to spec your damage type too high.
You may prefer a Reaver or Arms for BGing but the guy wants to play a Paladin and as I see it there are different specs depending on the job he wants to get set up for and one of the jobs a Paladin can do well is BG.

That's why I wrote 44-48 and that's why I wrote that I pref Reaver or Arms as BG'er in paranthesis :).

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
Manisch Depressiv said:

what he said only have u got more then two pos stuns and snares, u got the crush anytime stun!

Kahvi

Loyal Freddie
*If running in a tank group i would go either: 44 2h, 32 chant, 42 shield, 30 + slash. Or: or 50 2h 42+ chants, rest slash.

*If running in a caster group i would go 50 shield, 48 chants, 30+ slash.

*If hybrid group or other magic tactics... somethign inbetween ;)

Himse

FH is my second home
Kahvi said:
*If running in a tank group i would go either: 44 2h, 32 chant, 42 shield, 30 + slash. Or: or 50 2h 42+ chants, rest slash.

*If running in a caster group i would go 50 shield, 48 chants, 30+ slash.

*If hybrid group or other magic tactics... somethign inbetween ;)

1st spec = no dmg, no good chants, basically pointless spec =]

Zede

Part of the furniture
A Pally without BG ? erm.........thats like having a matter spec sorc, no no no !

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Zede said:
A Pally without BG ? erm.........thats like having a matter spec sorc, no no no !

Check RR-movie from Avalon, they ran Cleric, Cleric, Sorc, Theurg, BG Reaver, Merc, Merc, WL Paladin and rocked :).

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Zede said:

Well Zede a pally is not very usefull in a normal group ( unless its a tank one ). The fact that he can BG one person isnt that much important.
On the other Hand if one of the clerics fires BoF2/3 and pally fires Warguard you get so nasty to kill that you dont really need to BG anyone imho, at least clerics get the chance to actually get to heal a caster being assisted trained.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Manisch Depressiv said:
Check RR-movie from Avalon, they ran Cleric, Cleric, Sorc, Theurg, BG Reaver, Merc, Merc, WL Paladin and rocked :).

Whats the name? isnt it Valheru?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom