Paladin Spec <PvE>

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
Well as title states im in need of decent PvE spec. At the moment im torn between :

Slash 29
Parry 30
Shield 42
Chants 48

or

Slash 29
Parry 33
Shield 42
Chants 46

or

Slash 12
Parry 31
Shield 50
Chants 47

Very tempted to go for the "Orange" spec. Need your input please

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
Green or 50shield, 48 chants, 29slash, 15(perhaps 14) parry.

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
Im only keeping parry at 30 level due to opting for MA spot in Sidi raids where you mainly tank one mob per pull <slash is mainly off block aye, but i will only ever use amethyst/riposte/slam i hope>, thus parry is effective <although im unsure of parry mechanics pve>. Also find benefits of 48 chants a bit low for point cost <only gives last af pulse>.

So far 29 slash is general tip, also 50 shield < i initially opted for 42 , because it would allow me to have parry 30+ >, 46 chants and rest parry.

PS: if anyone has info regarding what stat influences parry <ergo shield is influenced by dexterity> please post it here, any info would be greatly appreciated, especially if the info is related to parry in pve from personal experience.

Ta in advance

Spesh

Fledgling Freddie
50 sheild
48 chants
29 slash
rest parry (I got 19 parry by auto'in slash and chants to 40, its possible to get 18 parry if you auto slash to 48, go thrust or smt, afaik)

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Whatcha gonna do with 12 slash? be afk?

29 slash 50 shield 46 chants rest parry ._.

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
SoulFly said:

That spec was ripped off american paladin, who claims its enough :p Hence i prefered the "Orange" template not the "Green"

Serbitar

Fledgling Freddie
My pala started off as 50 shield, 46 chants, 29 slash, 19 parry this spec is superb. Its only downfall is the lack of the top af chant.

I then respecced to 50 shield 13 slash 48 chants rest parry (30 something iirc) and hated it. Even using a small shield for quick attack speed and lower end costs i still found myself using far too much end (slam cost far too high). Also with parry that high i found i was hardly blocking (to chain brutalize) due to parry being checked first.

I then respecced to cookie (39 slash 48 chants 42 shield rest parry - 15 iirc) While better than the previous spec, i dont particularly like this spec (i actually got hit by a slam, which never happened with 50 shield) yes the damage output is slightly better that my first spec but i get hit more.

I am going to respec to 50 shield 48 chants 29 slash 13 parry and stay with it. Using brutalize as main style with ame slash as backup is brilliant. Also with brut you can easily get another 3 off straight after during the 10 sec stun which hits for alot more than ame slash or riposte.

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
thanks Serbitar, pretty much what i wanted to hear.

raal

Fledgling Freddie
old.windforce said:
parry is bad pve because best styles are block reactionairy

Point taken, you only get like 10-ish in parry though, but I guess you can take slash to 31 or something similarly useless instead :)

G

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
had 37parry on my pala (42 shield, 46 chant, 29 slash, 37 parry) a while ago, and it was a waste of time. parryed loads against yellow/orng/low red mobs, against high lvl (purp etc) hardly parry at all.

respecced to 50 shield, 46 chant, 34 slash, 18 parry and have not noticed much difference in parry rate, but 50 shield is loads better.

would say 50 shield and MoBX and some higher slash >> ~30 parry.

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
SoulFly said:

best spec imo for pve :clap:
12 slash :D

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
Araudry said:
best spec imo for pve :clap:
12 slash :D

Not like palas are meant to dish out high damage with their uber amethyst slash <it is admittedly better than 12 spec style and lets you solo well with a BB, but ,ultimately, in big raids you can solo bugger all : DR or Sidi for example> :( im so misundastood :(

Serbitar

Fledgling Freddie
if you go 12 slash you dont use slash styles at all. its utterly pointless due to crap ws and damage. Instead you use your shield styles (brut as main, slam as backup) with a small shield for lower end costs and faster attack speed. Unfortunately even with end chant running permanently you still run out of end relatively quickly. The only way I could find of running this spec without suffering massive power loss (due to having end chant on constantly) was to use brutalize with no backup style, if you dont block then you get an unstyled shield hit, which with this spec was still hitting for harder than my sword.

I would also suggest getting a large shield and a small shield. When fighting 3 or more mobs use the large as small can only block vs a small number of enemys.

Path

Fledgling Freddie
12 Slash defeats the purpose of being a MT by killing your ability to actually hit :p No, pallies will never hurt anything seriously, amethyst slash or not, but at least they will hit it. No matter how high parry you have (and that's about what you gain from killing slash) you'll need to hit the mobs in order to keep aggro :p

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
Bless detaunt and no others running heal :)

Path

Fledgling Freddie
Using detaunt while fighting high lv mobs is a crap idea, you want high to hit styles :p Better get a pally who can hit ;)

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
Oh well, i never said it was optimal to have 12 slash <ripped that template off an american bloke>. :)

PS: fighting with others detaunting every other hit is theoretically possible, but why do it for just extra 3% parry i dunno :)

Path

Fledgling Freddie
It's also theoretically possible to kill stuff w/o using styles, but why would you want to :p And we all know yanks smell :D

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
ivan its a good spec for dragon raids really :) to engage the dragon the 2 first mins or so... read that guide... if you wanna do that, then it rocks... im gonna try it anyway... :D

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
ivan its a good spec for dragon raids really :) to engage the dragon the 2 first mins or so... read that guide... if you wanna do that, then it rocks... im gonna try it anyway... :D

Aye bud, but the trade off scares me ... :eek6:

With 12 slash you get 32 parry <no auto> , with 29 slash you can get 17 parry. 7.5% Parry vs High Bonus Anytime style .... i have my doubts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom