Paladin RvR spec

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
I'm curuis over how this spec would work in Rvr
30 parry= Good defence
38 chants = second best af chant
34 crush
502h

Crush is for the stun chain opening. bludgeon concussuon chain 1h opens for aither back or side 2h chain.

rah

Fledgling Freddie
unless you're planning on soloing alot i'd skip the parry :)

Megalodon

Fledgling Freddie
The lvl 38 af group chant doesnt stack with cleric spec af buff. 100% af buff is better even if its lower.

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
lower chants to 35 then and bring up parry?

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Demon2k3 said:
I'm curuis over how this spec would work in Rvr
30 parry= Good defence
38 chants = second best af chant
34 crush
502h

I dont think that spec is possible.

50 2 hand , 34 crush , 38 chants , 29 parry is the best you can do if you fully auto trained instruments. If you also fully autotrained slash remeber the spec points have to be used in slash so cant be spent elsewhere.

That spec could work for you, but I never recommend dropping instruments below 42, red end is just to important. Because you have to twist chants in rvr your end use is much higher than any other class while fighting, and you will just run out of end and cant style.
For a 2 hander I also think the top celerity will be more usefully than points in parry.

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
I was going to make a comment on the instruments-thing, but I won't.

I agree though, that a 2-handed paladin would really like the highest celerity = high chants. At least, that's what I would do. If you've autotrained or not makes a large difference as well though.

( P.S - Go Slash/2-handed! That paladin champion weapon looks awesome )

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
The new paladin Chant-things :

30 Barrier of Faith: 0 second cast/6 seconds/pulse/8 second recast, 1500 unit range, 25 Magical Ablative, Group buff.
40 Barrier of Virtue:0 second cast/6 seconds/pulse/8 second recast, 1500 unit range, 40 Magical Ablative, Group buff.
50 Barrier of Temperance:0 second cast/6 seconds/pulse/8 second recast, 1500 unit range, 70 Magical Ablative, Group buff.

18 Celerity: 0 second cast/5 seconds/pulse/8 second recast, 350 unit range, Haste 24%, Group buff.
26 Enhanced Celerity: 0 second cast/5 seconds/pulse/8 second recast, 350 unit range, Haste 28%, Group buff.
32 Amplified Celerity: 0 second cast/5 seconds/pulse/8 second recast, 350 unit range, Haste 31% , Group buff.
44 Pure Celerity: 0 second cast/5 seconds/pulse/8 second recast, 350 unit range, Haste 37%, Group buff.

And if you're on Glastonbury, this is interesting as well :

3: Righteous Strength +17 Strength, 20 minute duration, 3 power
7: Righteous Potency +20 Strength, 20 minute duration, 6 power
14: Righteous Power +26 Strength, 20 minute duration, 11 power
20: Virtuous Strength +31 Strength, 20 minute duration, 16 power
30: Virtuous Potency +39 Strength, 20 minute duration, 25 power
41: Virtuous Power +47 Strength, 20 minute duration, 33 power
50: Virtuous Might +55 Strength, 20 minute duration, 43 power

Personally, I would go for the highest celerity at the very least ( 44 chants ) because that greatly increases your damage-output as paladin ( and for your group, but you said you were going to solo ) The ablative is useful, but I'd not go for the lvl 50 one, takes too much spec-points. If, without autotraining I had to come up with a spec based on patch 1.83, I'd go for :

45 Chants ( Highest heal, highest celerity, highest endurance, second-best self-strength buff )
25 parry
35 slash ( With +11 you'd have 46 which makes for very low variance, and it'd get better as you go through RR's + Paladin Champion Slasher rocks! )
44 2-handed ( If you're solo'ing no real need for the lvl 50 style anyway as it's a follow-up from a backstyle. )

With auto-training I'd raise chants to 46 ( Highest damage-add ) and parry to 29 ( Slightly better defense. )

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
Equador said:
The new paladin Chant-things :

30 Barrier of Faith: 0 second cast/6 seconds/pulse/8 second recast, 1500 unit range, 25 Magical Ablative, Group buff.
40 Barrier of Virtue:0 second cast/6 seconds/pulse/8 second recast, 1500 unit range, 40 Magical Ablative, Group buff.
50 Barrier of Temperance:0 second cast/6 seconds/pulse/8 second recast, 1500 unit range, 70 Magical Ablative, Group buff.

18 Celerity: 0 second cast/5 seconds/pulse/8 second recast, 350 unit range, Haste 24%, Group buff.
26 Enhanced Celerity: 0 second cast/5 seconds/pulse/8 second recast, 350 unit range, Haste 28%, Group buff.
32 Amplified Celerity: 0 second cast/5 seconds/pulse/8 second recast, 350 unit range, Haste 31% , Group buff.
44 Pure Celerity: 0 second cast/5 seconds/pulse/8 second recast, 350 unit range, Haste 37%, Group buff.

And if you're on Glastonbury, this is interesting as well :

3: Righteous Strength +17 Strength, 20 minute duration, 3 power
7: Righteous Potency +20 Strength, 20 minute duration, 6 power
14: Righteous Power +26 Strength, 20 minute duration, 11 power
20: Virtuous Strength +31 Strength, 20 minute duration, 16 power
30: Virtuous Potency +39 Strength, 20 minute duration, 25 power
41: Virtuous Power +47 Strength, 20 minute duration, 33 power
50: Virtuous Might +55 Strength, 20 minute duration, 43 power

Personally, I would go for the highest celerity at the very least ( 44 chants ) because that greatly increases your damage-output as paladin ( and for your group, but you said you were going to solo ) The ablative is useful, but I'd not go for the lvl 50 one, takes too much spec-points. If, without autotraining I had to come up with a spec based on patch 1.83, I'd go for :

45 Chants ( Highest heal, highest celerity, highest endurance, second-best self-strength buff )
25 parry
35 slash ( With +11 you'd have 46 which makes for very low variance, and it'd get better as you go through RR's + Paladin Champion Slasher rocks! )
44 2-handed ( If you're solo'ing no real need for the lvl 50 style anyway as it's a follow-up from a backstyle. )

With auto-training I'd raise chants to 46 ( Highest damage-add ) and parry to 29 ( Slightly better defense. )

The spec should work well, but i'll go crush and not slash for it's huge RvR effectiveness. Midgard=all neutral Hibernia=2/3 armortypes weak to it.

2h is far to low, and i'm autotrained both slash and chants. The reason i don't want to go 44 2h is that i loose the awesome 9 sec back stun wich works wonders vs fleeing enemies.

And also as said crush is for both good damage tables and for the bludgeon/concussion chain wich gives and 6 sec stun and opens for either back or side chain. The paladin champ weapon rocks yes, but i got an malice 2h template wich. and Malice is an awesokme 1 vs 1 weapon for it's proc and so on.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Demon2k3 said:
2h is far to low, and i'm autotrained both slash and chants.

Cool :) just remember you cannot use the autotrained slash points if you go crush spec then.

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
Most templated characters should hit thier swing speed cap without the top celerity... i believe thats the case anyway... i could be wrong! :)

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
i know. but the advantages with crush over slash is worth it.

crush= 3 neutral armor classes and 2 vulnerable 1 resistsant
slash= 3 resistant and 3 vulnerable armor classes

this is quite an strong argument to go crush in't it?
altho it' abit boring that 2h crush malice don't got an own look.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Karl said:
Most templated characters should hit thier swing speed cap without the top celerity... i believe thats the case anyway... i could be wrong! :)

Im sorry but you are :fluffle: You wont get near the swing speed cap with a no hander unless you have celerity or a alcratious proc

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Demon2k3 said:
this is quite an strong argument to go crush in't it?

It definetly is, dont even give those spec points a second thought, playstyle and strength and WP are all more important than a few spec points.

50 2-hand , 34 crush , 44 chant and 19 parry sounds good once you hit rr5/6 :)

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
hehe thx for the tip, having a blast with 2h crush atm. i'm currently only 3l3 but some passives and such do the trick. Also when warguard is fired i only get hit for 40-60 dmg :).

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
Im sorry but you are :fluffle: You wont get near the swing speed cap with a no hander unless you have celerity or a alcratious proc

ah yes i remember now, thats just Savages, self haste buff that stacks...

Been a while since i played i forget the little details! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom