Paladin is hunters friend

S

Shaurr

I wish to extend my gratitude to a paladin in DF yesterday night. Mids had just killed last alb invader in our side after 2 hours of shooting arrows into em. Think it was Shar who fell last. I picked my way towards shredders on my way to albside to say hello. Alas for the shredder room, hard to get by without 1 - 2 fights, and in alb crawling halls it cold be fatal. But lo and behold! There at shredders I find a lone champion of justice, a paladin sword and shield high! Sneaky bastard that I am, I figure I'd stab him in the back while hes fighting a shredder, Im ashamed because after all, I know he was on his way to our side with no malicious intent on our younger population. The pally, however is fast, he spots me! Quickly he runs around, one time, two times, three times with shredder in tow. I get dizzy. Then he bravely runs down, taking another shredder with him! Im sure it was not panic but bravery that caused him to dash like a madman for the next room, now having collected 6 shredders and a cambion. He, of course died rather than give free rps to mid. Brave soul no doubt, but it warmed this valkyns heart that he made it easy for hunter to go on and kill 6 other albs there. Thank you sir paladin.

Y

-yoda-

all you do is sit on your steps when alb has DF , and gather a mini zerg of buffbots . boneancers , sb's and other hunters and assorted classes , then u stay there all night ganking the od soloers or duo's who come your way.. and when mid get DF back thats when u make your way "mini zerg in tow" to alb side .

and i dont blame the pally either for suiciding instead of givoing you rp's after u were coward enough to attack him when he was in combat with mobs .he was probably hoping you got aggro if u chased him ... everybody does it , instead of giving free rp's to enemy they try suicide on mobs/guards etc ..... ive even seen hibs/mids about to die when running towards a patrol or v high lvl mob and IP just so alb doesnt kill them ,

and yes i think the pally did panic cos he is capable "if u started of in melee without arrow shooting him or killing you in melle and then finishing the shreder cos shreders hit like low lvls , even red cons dont hit for more than 70dmge ,

A

alithiel50

Was he a 2h Paladin? Because an S/S Paladin should have taken you AND 6 shredders and a cambion, no problem... ;)

S

Shaurr

Originally posted by alithiel50
Was he a 2h Paladin? Because an S/S Paladin should have taken you AND 6 shredders and a cambion, no problem... ;)

Well tbh, some pallys can, some can't. Hunters with 44 spear and fully buffed can be pretty mean. Usually I loose in melee due to ip or adds, and stealthers of course are hard to beat. Friars I no longer touch, same for reavers. Beaten some s/s pallys, lost to some, like it should be.

S

Shaurr

Originally posted by -yoda-
all you do is sit on your steps when alb has DF , and gather a mini zerg of buffbots . boneancers , sb's and other hunters and assorted classes , then u stay there all night ganking the od soloers or duo's who come your way.. and when mid get DF back thats when u make your way "mini zerg in tow" to alb side .

and i dont blame the pally either for suiciding instead of givoing you rp's after u were coward enough to attack him when he was in combat with mobs .he was probably hoping you got aggro if u chased him ... everybody does it , instead of giving free rp's to enemy they try suicide on mobs/guards etc ..... ive even seen hibs/mids about to die when running towards a patrol or v high lvl mob and IP just so alb doesnt kill them ,

and yes i think the pally did panic cos he is capable "if u started of in melee without arrow shooting him or killing you in melle and then finishing the shreder cos shreders hit like low lvls , even red cons dont hit for more than 70dmge ,

Gank soloers and duoers allnight? There were 20 albs there for two hours, heavy with scouts and mages. I dare say you got yoru rps too. I didn't use nearly 200 arrows on soloers and duoers :)

J

Javai

You better get yourself some glasses since that Paladin was me and I am very much female.

Here is what actually happened:

I was with the Albs at the Mid mecrhants, our clerics had to log cos it had got late and as a result we decided to leave but some people were slower than otehrs and allowed themselves to get picked off from behind. Shar and I managed to get away at first but I couldn't save Shar from the hordes of pets chasing him, so I decide to cross to our side to log. (Note: I could've easily logged Mid side to kill greys when I logged back in). As I move down I get aggro from a red con Drinker, which I proceed to fight when I see through your stealth and realise you are about to hit me from behind. So I know i can't beat you while a red con drinker chews on me and I know drinkers see through stealth so I run through a few in order to get you uncovered.

I then have 6 drinkers on me but you being such a brave hunter feel the need to shoot at me anyway (not that you got past my shield). Yes I died to the drinkers will cost me 18g, but I'd rather that than give you a single rp :p

J

Javai

Originally posted by alithiel50

Not only is the hunter unable to recognise gender he also doesn't know his DF mobs these were drinkers not shreddders, shredders and I'd have fought him and the mobs they wouldn't have hit me, drinkers life tap at 100+ a go which a paladin can't block :(

Edit: He should also know that I wasn't on my way to Mid side but on my way back since I'd been stood at merchants with him and his pals shooting at me for over an hour immediately before.

S

Shaurr

Sorry m8, I allways say HE, because I make persumption that the player most likely is a he, in real life. That could be my mistake. I will certainly call you a her from now on. And what comes to bravery, you do know this is a game right? There is no such thing as cowardice in games, what is there to loose anyways? If it says an alb, I shoot. I imagine your scouts would do the same. Well, it was just funny thing that happened in DF, don't get too hot over it. As you noticed, I didn't even look at your name after you died, so it was no big deal for me and I doubt it was for you. Just wanted to thank you for making it easier for me to get to alb side, where I got finally killed at the cook after minor miscalculation over mobs aggrodistance ;)

My, but you must have ran quickly to outdistance Shar, we were hot on her tail :) (notice her this time)

Oh, sorry for the wrong mob too. Wil strive to be more excact the next time you are chased by dozen mobs.

S

sazard

Javai, were you the paladin in all silver plate with that really cool looking shield?

J

Javai

Originally posted by Shaurr
Sorry m8, I allways say HE, because I make persumption that the player most likely is a he, in real life. That could be my mistake. I will certainly call you a her from now on. And what comes to bravery, you do know this is a game right? There is no such thing as cowardice in games, what is there to loose anyways? If it says an alb, I shoot. I imagine your scouts would do the same. Well, it was just funny thing that happened in DF, don't get too hot over it. As you noticed, I didn't even look at your name after you died, so it was no big deal for me and I doubt it was for you. Just wanted to thank you for making it easier for me to get to alb side, where I got finally killed at the cook after minor miscalculation over mobs aggrodistance ;)

My, but you must have ran quickly to outdistance Shar, we were hot on her tail :) (notice her this time)

Oh, sorry for the wrong mob too. Wil strive to be more excact the next time you are chased by dozen mobs.

Well you were one that started the thread and mentioned bravery, I was just responding :p

For the record Shar is he ;)

J

Javai

Originally posted by sazard
Javai, were you the paladin in all silver plate with that really cool looking shield?

Yes that was me, the shield is a Sidi drop which my wonderful guild gave me as a gift yesterday. The shiny plate is a ploy I figure when Mids see how ugly their reflections are they will all fall to their knees and beg me to put them out of their misery :)

S

sazard

Good plan =)))

Though it won't work on a nimble liddul kitty like me =D

p.s. Love your shield =)

S

Shaurr

Originally posted by Javai
Yes that was me, the shield is a Sidi drop which my wonderful guild gave me as a gift yesterday. The shiny plate is a ploy I figure when Mids see how ugly their reflections are they will all fall to their knees and beg me to put them out of their misery :)

I really hate that shield, I think I put around 30 arrows into it...

P

parlain

Originally posted by Javai
Yes that was me, the shield is a Sidi drop which my wonderful guild gave me as a gift yesterday.

GIFV!!!! ^^

A

Appollo

Originally posted by sazard
Good plan =)))

Though it won't work on a nimble liddul kitty like me =D

p.s. Love your shield =)

hoho how foolish ickle Kobbie, u dare 2 touch the plate of my GM, i know your name, watch your back............

S

September

Ah kinda reminds of that lameass SB kobby in df yesterday :rolleyes:

Felicia I think was the name?? Tried twice to kill a paladin while said pally was fighting a Nightmare or something alike.

Nothing more lame that and I enjoyed killing you and those other 5 mids that prolly came over to rezz you and died like flies pretty sad...ah well

S

sazard

Originally posted by Appollo
hoho how foolish ickle Kobbie, u dare 2 touch the plate of my GM, i know your name, watch your back............

I am no Kobold!!!!! how dare you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh the shame, the shame!!!

I am not one of those cave folk, I'll make you eat those words if its the last thing I do!!!!

*shake fist* =))))

E

etcetra

Yesterday i logged in DF, then i logged in this morning - Hibs had DF, im planning on heading to hib side, but i hate that route. Anyway, i start to fight a mahr, then the mahr is at 10% health or sumthing, im at 30-40 i guess, then guess what?
a Wtfpwn rr4 infil DF's me! I was liek omg! And i was liek dead!! It was so BAH FO..

Deathvortex 4 president btw, or prime-minister..
I mean, election in norway and all that..

Users who are viewing this thread