Paladin - Crush or Slash?

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
I've seen quite a few Crush specced Paladins running about recently. I'm considering the spec for my own Paladin, as I understand the damage table to be quite a bit more friendly than the Slash table (not that I'll be doing a ton of damage anyway!).

If any of you are Crush specced, could you please let me know how you find it in PvE and RvR? Particularly interested in end usage compared to to Slash styles, how the damage compares to Slash and what the new Crush anytimes are like?

TIA :)

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Slash = better styles
Crush = Bigger chance to get nice weapon drops since 80% of all are specced slash :fluffle:

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
-Freezingwiz- said:
Slash = better styles
Crush = Bigger chance to get nice weapon drops since 80% of all are specced slash :fluffle:

Is Slash still better given the new Crush anytimes though? I saw people using at least a 2 step chain in DF over the weekend, and they were quite happy with it, but I didn't have the time to discuss it any further with them.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Danamyr said:
Is Slash still better given the new Crush anytimes though? I saw people using at least a 2 step chain in DF over the weekend, and they were quite happy with it, but I didn't have the time to discuss it any further with them.

tbh I think amy slash is the best anytime style in the game atm

Name................. Special.. Damage... Attack....... Defense.... Fatigue
Amethyst Slash.... none..... Medium.... Very High... + None.... Medium
Maul................... none..... High ....... High......... - Low ..... High

but well that is just my opinion
some might go for after block/parry styles aswell

edit: but it depend on what u wanna hit aswell since Crush give bonus to some stuff and slash to another

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
slash is better ...

there are far more useful things to have on qbar than weapon styles

as a paladin of c

Silverblast

One of Freddy's beloved
People train crush to autotrain in slash while leveling afaik.

Arindra

Fledgling Freddie
-Freezingwiz- said:

Slam is the best anytime in the game ;)

Doublefrost and Garrote also both do more damage - but you don't see Paladin's using them often.

Oasis

Fledgling Freddie
Crush is good.
Nice chains > Block+sumthin that makes em go 'ouchy!' ...then another chain of 3 styles ending with a crippling muthafukka makes em just stand there while you get a couple more hits in. Or if you go for a slam start there's a back crush you can throw in the mix for some flavor :)
Pwn pl8 wearers in duels :D

plus, someone else mentioned, you get nice drops cos no one else is crush (cos they're sheep :p) :D

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
-Freezingwiz- said:
Amethyst Slash is not a hard-hitting anytime style, nor does it have a good effect on it.
The only reason it's a 'good' anytime style is that it has the highest to-hit bonus, which makes it great for PvE, but makes next to zero difference in RvR.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Arindra said:
Slam is the best anytime in the game ;)

Doublefrost and Garrote also both do more damage - but you don't see Paladin's using them often.

look at the end use on thoes styles :eek7:

Craft

Fledgling Freddie

Does the Endurance Use really matter when you got an end game Paladin running End Chant?

Tzan

Fledgling Freddie
%dmg

Anyone knows percent of dmg gained by training in Weaptype? e.g. difference in slash dmg from 49 to 50. What is the amount gained per level when you train further in it? I just want to know % added to dmg.

Thanks in advance.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Craft said:
Does the Endurance Use really matter when you got an end game Paladin running End Chant?

well if u are playing a pally "active" u twist all chants that is needed aswell and they use end aswell...

ie u can't slam and twist chants etc all the time... I haven´t tested Dubblefrost or hamstering on a pally for some strange reason...

but amyslash + all chants seems to work well tho

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Tzanetos the LoverBoy said:
Anyone knows percent of dmg gained by training in Weaptype? e.g. difference in slash dmg from 49 to 50. What is the amount gained per level when you train further in it? I just want to know % added to dmg.

Thanks in advance.

every spec pts does give u more dmg and WS but it ain´t much for 1 lvl tho... most ppl got for a style when hey choose a spec tho... but +11 on the armor is worth it :fluffle:

Tzan

Fledgling Freddie
Well I have considered many times why the best spec for mercs is 50/50/rest parry. Why cant we put 44 to slash and give rest to parry since we dont use ( I dont anyway ) slash styles a lot apart from backslash? Some said to me that giving 50 to slash results in better dmg. Is the difference from 44 to 50 that big so that peeps consider s1 gimp with that spec? Cause I surely would like to parry more than have useless styles. :sex:

flex

Fledgling Freddie
isn't ur role as merc to deal out as much damages as possible ? if the other group is attacking you (where ur parry could be usefull), isn't all the support dead allready and the fight lost ?

Tzan

Fledgling Freddie
flex said:
isn't ur role as merc to deal out as much damages as possible ? if the other group is attacking you (where ur parry could be usefull), isn't all the support dead allready and the fight lost ?

1st) My job is to MA as a det tank. 2nd) It is to grp's assist to bring down an enemy also 3rd) 2-3 parrys is a cosiderable advantage per fight to the clerics when enemies tanks attack to kill me cause I am on s1 (imagine parrys with higher parry skill)

I just want to know if the differences are that great so that I know the differences and the amount of dmg that i might loose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom