Paladin 2H

T

Twaize

No u weren't... And don't try and make an Arguement Clinic from Monty Python (Classic)

M

Mills

Originally posted by Twaize
Wouldn't it be better to get 39 slash? So that u get backslash but only 15 parry?

Anyways this is how I see it:

Pros for 2h pala:

Nice dmg
They can still get aggro
Good for assist Monkeys
Still got taunt styles, twisting, heal chant and protection
What else?

Cons for 2h pala:

No guard
Slower swing (but then they do more dmg)
What else?

Nice Damage? i think someone hit you on the head with a large wooden fish or something.... If you want damage go armsman.. simply as that.. Agro... Its a pally... Of course u will get agro.. taunt/heal and taunt style 2h as long as you hit easy to keep agro.. but as a 2hander with hardly any parry... Do you really want agro... Thats another draw back.... as a main tank people would rather have a 2h arms.. or s/s pally rather than other way around.... Agree with the assist.... but as above.. it comes down to damage and uses of a 2h pala over a 2h arms or s/s pally etc.... Cons..... i dont have enough room to write them.... no gaurd, true enough.. slower swing for taunt also true enough but like i said as a 2h pala with no alota defense.. do u actually want agro? other cons:

People simply want s/s pallys other 2h pallys... Fact... so You may be gimped for groups.... I say maybe.. ive never played a 2h pala.... only 2 pala i new was rhonvan (dimse) so you might wanna ask her :)

gimpeir chants to have higher damage.. but then again like i said about damage of palas in general....

If you do get agro.. your a pala and its ahrd to get agro off espically if u a 2H with heal as well.... So becuase u have less hits than an arsman, you will go down quicker, mind you with the majority of people owning bb's that starts to become less of an issue...

It still all comes down to wether u find it fun to paly a 2H pala.. if you do then you shouldnt let anyone tlel you otherwise.. But if you dont respec...... imo... :great:

N

Naveh

Originally posted by ilum
I saw some logs on vnboards of a 2-handed pala doing some decent damage...around 300 i think average which is pretty close to Mercenary damage (then again Mercs would hit faster).

In mercenary groups paladins can almost play as pure assist-monkeys and still do well due to the fact that tanks need the endurance chant and you have to stay close to them. And as an assist-monkey you would be better off with 2-hand.

Link pls! :p

You can't spec worse then Jon..

G

Graknak

If you can get autotrain chants and slash till 48 you can get this spec: 46 chants, 50 2h, 32 slash, 22 parry. Boost things up a little with MoParry etc. and you should do quite ok. best make a highlander or briton for this one

If you want slightly better WS go 2h thrust, but with auotrains spec will be: 46 chants, 50 2h, 30 thrust, 21 parry
Since 2h thrust is 75% str based 25% dex based you'd better take a saracen with +10 str/con/dex or a briton with the same.

M

Mills

Originally posted by Naveh
I saw some logs on vnboards of a 2-handed pala doing some decent damage...around 300 i think average which is pretty close to Mercenary damage (then again Mercs would hit faster).

In mercenary groups paladins can almost play as pure assist-monkeys and still do well due to the fact that tanks need the endurance chant and you have to stay close to them. And as an assist-monkey you would be better off with 2-hand.

Link pls! :p

Ditto! :p

G

Graknak

and the fun part is, just like with 2 mercs, either way they're screwed by positional styles, as when pally gets hit, merc can do some bleeds and the other way arround pally can chop of an arm or 2 after that ^^

for RvR pally 2h should be abit like mercs qua role of play, but for PvE 2h pallies rather suck since a missing 2h wep won't help you kill a lvl 74 mob, blocking+assists will

M

Mills

I agree with u grak but in rvr a merc would rahter have a pally that is going to protect it to some degree rather than an excuse for a damage dealer with it ^^ and also with your spec.. theres no point for going 32 slash.. you either want the 34 slash for befuddler.. but 34 becuase u get a stlye and u its easier to get slash to 50 wih rr... or go for 29.. persoanlly i cant see the differnce.. 29slash and more parry for teh win :great:

G

Graknak

more slash wether it gives a style or not brings you closer to the 50 you want, going for 29 instead with +11 from items and lets say RR5 will only give 44, then @ RR 10 it'll be 49. Parry can be compensated with MoParry, which is teh cheap (not to mention 2handers having double parry chance compared to other classes using parry)

Users who are viewing this thread