Paladin 2H

T

Twaize

Does anyone have any ideas for the specs of a 2H pala?

Maybe:

48 Chants?

42 Two Hand?

39 Slash?

15 Parry?

Or what?

T

Twaize

I quickly found out that it was a lousy spec!

Another place it said:

43 chant

50 two hand

25 parry

29 slash

But that would require me to buy 3 respec stones or 1 full.... what is the cheapest?

L

Lam

If I were you I would go for the following spec:

48 chants
50 two-handed
29 slash
rest in parry

The last AF-chant will make a bigger difference for a 2h pally since your defense will be low anyway so you might as well go 48 chants and lower parry.

As for the respec stones, a full respec one should be cheaper then 3 single line ones.

Y

Yussef

50 Two Hand, 42 Thrust, 42 Chants probably with AT.

Q

Qwegji-

Going from what was said on VNboard tests, anything higher than 50 thrust/slash/crush doesnt do much at all when going 2 handed so..

50 2H, 35 Crush/Thrust(at RR5 can be higher or lower etc), 44 Chants, rest parry

T

Twaize

Argh I would prefer to stay slash...

Anyways are 2h palas unpopular in grps? Like in RvR and big PvE raids? And dia hunt raids? And what is the price for a full respec stone?

N

-Nxs-

FULL respec stone sell on average for 3p. I have one in vault but wont let it go for less than 4p - others will have some spare so just ask around.

S

SoulFly Amarok

If you want a 2hander, make an armsman -:)

T

Twaize

Cba to lvl another char to 50

Wanted to be a scout really...

What is best for a pala then? Slash or Thrust?

C

case-rigantis

think really really hard before you make your character virtually unplayable

goodluck either way ;)

N

-Nxs-

Ok look at it this way,

There are two MAIN uses for a paladin.

1) To get AGRO fast in PvE, you can do this with a fast taunt style with 1H and im sure 2H weapons have a taunt style, althought it would be a slower swing, still you have the agro shout and heal chant too help.

2) END chant, look at most groups seeking a pally, there just after the END and a little tankage.

If it was me, id try out two handed see how you like it - just make sure you have enough cash to respec back if you dont like it.

B

bigchief

Originally posted by SoulFly Amarok
If you want a 2hander, make an armsman -:)

Been leveling my s/s pally this weekend and grouped quite alot (did 25->32).

In 3 days i met 2 other s/s pallys, all the others were 2H :( I also met 1 s/s arms, the rest were pole/2h

Are all the people that would consider whats useful in a grp when spec'ing (ie spec s/s first, then pole in later levels for an arms) ones who happen to have access to PL and take the easy way out or something? :(

And on a side note for pally spec..

had this discussion on irc earlier .. got down to

assuming 48chants, do you go

39slash 42shield rest parry
29slash 50shield rest parry
29slash 42shield rest parry (only delket going for this one atm ~~)

Primarily for pve but with some rvr btw ;o

D

Dimse

Well I think I should reply here. I had a Twohanded paladin for 2 years and just recently respecced to shield/slash.

I cant advise being 2 hander only tbh =/ Not the way things are at the moment (/the damage table the paladin is on/ Paladins having to spec in BOTH slash and 2 handed)

Make both types =D One Shield specced and one Twohanded specced paladin and decide for yourself =D

If you want damage and 2 handed make a Armsman with Pole spec now that PAIN IN PLATE =D

T

Twaize

Hmm I can afford to respec back but do I wanna spend 6P+ doing it? I could make 2 /level alts and so the difference when grping...

But palas could also be dmg dealers!

I

ilum

I saw some logs on vnboards of a 2-handed pala doing some decent damage...around 300 i think average which is pretty close to Mercenary damage (then again Mercs would hit faster).

In mercenary groups paladins can almost play as pure assist-monkeys and still do well due to the fact that tanks need the endurance chant and you have to stay close to them. And as an assist-monkey you would be better off with 2-hand.

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by bigchief
assuming 48chants, do you go
29slash 42shield rest parry

is my paladins spec

that´s 30 parry btw ;)

T

Twaize

Wouldn't it be better to get 39 slash? So that u get backslash but only 15 parry?

Anyways this is how I see it:

Pros for 2h pala:

Nice dmg
They can still get aggro
Good for assist Monkeys
Still got taunt styles, twisting, heal chant and protection
What else?

Cons for 2h pala:

No guard
Slower swing (but then they do more dmg)
What else?

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Twaize
Wouldn't it be better to get 39 slash? So that u get backslash but only 15 parry?

not when you´re defensive spec

O

old.windforce

paladins arent made for damage, except with shield

saracen 29 slash, 50 shield, 48 chants rest parry would be my choice

M

Mills

Originally posted by old.windforce
paladins arent made for damage, except with shield

saracen 29 slash, 50 shield, 48 chants rest parry would be my choice

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with that.... altho bring you r chants down to around 43 for your last af buff and end... then u have the rest in parry.. 25 i believe...... thats the spec of a defensive pala.. u dont need last daamge add/af chant/heal simply becuase the amount of times u are going to get hit takes the piss anyway... and a 36 heal doubled is good enough imo...... Basically 2H Pala get beaten to the post b armsman at just about everything except u will chants as a pala.. Armsman simply have the damage a paladin doesnt and the fact arms dont ahve a 4th spec to spec in.. they can just go 50th 44slash and a very high parry.. etc.... how ever u look at it.... paladins seems to do less damage wahtever spec u go.... go 2H by all means but i agree with what Dimse said... See which u like best.....

My pala is going to be 50sheild... hes an old sob... Highlander :O lol.... but still....hes fun to play... and i cba to level a saracen tbh.....

S

Serbitar

My pala is highlander 50 shield 46 chants 29 slash 19 (iirc) parry no probs with it at all, even if some ppl call him gimped ^^

Would of prefered saracen but he was made when i was noob. started off as 2h but respeced as soon as we got given them to s/s.

G

Graknak

saracen, 50 shield, 48 chants, 34 crush, 4 parry (autotrain chants to 40)

crush > slash or thrust

T

travelyan

Hmmmm

Must admit, I've seriously considered this as well but can't find a viable way to make it work...

Decided that if I'm going to do a 2hd pally at some point I'll have to create a new one and autotrain chants and slash...

Although Twaize, make sure you have the respec stones in the vault or the cash in the bank to buy em... I'm pretty sure that you'll hate it...

U

uncle

My pally is 44 slash, 45 chants, 42 shield and 10 parry. Fun spec, miss out on last AF and Damage chant but i hit slightly harder than most other pallies. Blocks well and the damage is nice, but i see Pallies as a defensive class, so whatever spec u go make sure your defense is good, cant give ppl the benefits of your chants if your dead ;).

T

Twaize

Would anyone pls comment this post?

Pros for 2h pala:

Nice dmg
They can still get aggro
Good for assist Monkeys
Still got taunt styles, twisting, heal chant and protection
What else?

Cons for 2h pala:

No guard
Slower swing (but then they do more dmg)
What else?

C

Cybwyn

Cons for 2h Paladin - Everyone will laugh at you, tell you that you smell and that if you want 2h, roll an Armsman. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread