pala dmg type

T

tris-

anyone tryed pala using thrust? if so whats it like? wouldnt it be better than slash in rvr as its + on chain etc?

T

tris-

but isnt thrust neutral and +? and slash is + and -

D

DocWolfe

would be gimped as palas get no +dex as they level

A

AbPoon

2 Hib support classes have Scale, 1 has RE.

But yes Thrust would be gimp for a pally as they will have sod all dex and anyway the slash styles are a hell of alot better

O

old.GeForce

not to mention most of the moves chain off evade

B

Balbor

if you not gonna use the level command spec Crush, styles aint great and if you role a Saracen the damage will be a bit low, but Paladins aren't about the damage they do but there defence and chants. Crush may be hard to take agro (no anytime agro style) so run heal chant. I've got a Saracen Pally (+10 Dex, CON, STR) with chants at 100%, and rest in Chush/Shield. I can solo orange and 2 yellows at the same time using the doble healing chant twisting.

I went crush even though i used the level command because my armwoman is specing crush to auto in slash/thrust so i have a good supply of second had MP/SC weapons/shields.

A

AbPoon

Whats the point in spec'ing crush when you say yourself it isnt very good and also isnt very good on the armour tables :p

Pallys arnt about damage but you might aswell make the best of it you can but the end of the day its your char and if you think your pally looks elite with his rapier then who am i to judge ^^

W

Wibbler2

I have a 2H Thrust pala

<waits for people to stop laughing>

It's better than 2h slash, but very poor defence...

(I've just respecced my realm points to give mop3, hopefully that'll help a bit)

Personally, compared with my 1hslash paladin, I prefer my 1h, due to less downtime when soloing.

P

- Pathfinder -

Most Hibs who do alot of RvR tend to pick reinforced over scale despite being able to use it - scale is by far the worst standard tank/support armour in the game, being vulnerable to slash. Reinforced is resistant to slash, which goes a long way :m00:

A

AbPoon

I've fought all of the best Hib Excal guilds and not once have i seen a champ hero drood or warden in RE

I'm sorry but you really have to be making that up and if some hibs really do this then they deserved to be mocked

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by AbPoon
I've fought all of the best Hib Excal guilds and not once have i seen a champ hero drood or warden in RE

I'm sorry but you really have to be making that up and if some hibs really do this then they deserved to be mocked

It is a serious discussion tho. Advantages for RF are obvious:

* Way cheaper to buy. I think roughly 50% off scale
* Resistant to slash

Some people think these 2 advantages are a good reason to buy Reinforced. My druid however has scale, because:

* Compared to scale, RF takes 12% less slashing damage (which is quite alot, but we knew that)
* Compared to scale, RF takes 38% MORE crushing damage (due to vulnerable to crush AND lower absorb)
* Compared to scale, RF takes 8% more thrusting damage.

I didn't care about the costprice, once I got my armour I can keep it a long time anyhow. It's all about the trade-off but I rather take 12% more slashing-damage then 38% more crushing damage.

A

AbPoon

Its like wearing leather on my Zerker so i aint slash weak :/

It just doesnt happen

B

Brennik

Then you're either a) not paying attention or b) not fighting the best guilds :rolleyes:

C

chimaira

Its like wearing leather on my Zerker so i aint slash weak :/

It just doesnt happen

Mid Leather is also slash weak oO

J

Jenkz

Originally posted by Wibbler2
I have a 2H Thrust pala

bofgrey #4 pally is 2 thrust, he does ok.

misses slam in RvR groups though which sometimes means we run slamless :eek:

(edit: bofgrey is a sorc? ok.... Oo)

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by Wibbler2
I have a 2H Thrust pala

It's better than 2h slash, but very poor defence...

Just be glad you didn't say that on the excal/alb boards. You'd get ripped a new asshole for being a gimp, and not knowing how to play the game.

I play 2h slash, to be honest a paladin is probably best off with slash as it's decent in PvE, decent in RvR and 1h/2h slashers are easy to come by. Although crush is something not very often used, so easier to get weaponry for.

2h is shooting yourself in the foot a little, although my dex isn't much better than my str at level50.

A

AbPoon

Originally posted by Brennik
Then you're either a) not paying attention or b) not fighting the best guilds :rolleyes:

So the highest rr groups on Hib excal ie rr8-10 groups are using the wrong armour?

Find me a Hib that admits to using RE when he can use scale.

You are insane

O

old.Isos

AbPoon...

welcome to prydwen.... hibs use RF on this server and actually I know of 2 heroes on excal that use it too...

actually nothing is wrong with crush...altho kind of bad styles compared to slash but still not bad.
My pally have been 1hand crush since release of game and I was doing fine....and your mostly slamming anyway... does more damage and stun

A

AbPoon

GJ i didnt go Hib, they sound clueless :p

There might be some Brehons using RE on Excal but i've never met a high rr grp with it, apart from the classes who wear it normally oc

O

old.Isos

I think thats why high rr hib groupes get owned by noob random fg mids fotm:clap:

think Kobold uses RF not sure...
ehhhh like Eclipse is probably one of the hardest to face and all their tanks uses RF....
and there were some test that did show RF took less damage than scale... but seems like I cant find the link

was on VN boards

A

AbPoon

Well by all accounts a couple of people went RE because zerker damage was so bad with scale, but on Excal i cant say i've seen a high rr hib tank using it as i know most of them, might be better vs slash but a hammer savage is really going to kick the crap out of you as its a good choice due to low end use.

But then its not the 1st time i've been proven wrong if its true but if it is it only holds true to Pryd.

C

Cush

well in mid its slash>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>crush

so if you run into a hammer savage once in a blue moon you are prolly gonna run into a slash dmg dealer everytime you face mids

O

old.Mitsu

Only ever seen 1 hero wear Reinforced on hib/exc and he regretted it. :x

With hammer savages and friars it's just not worth it after the berserker nerf.

Users who are viewing this thread