Paintball!

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
I'm going for a game of Paintball next week and I'm looking for advice from anyone who has been before.

The day is costing £15 per person, for 6 games and you get 100 paintballs to do you the whole day, with an extra 100 balls costing £8. To me, 100 doesnt seem like a lot to last 3 hours, so I was thinking of getting an extra 100. Does anyone think 200 would be enough for 60 games?

Oh and does anyone have any tips? I'd like to use my BF2 skills, so I'm planning on bunnyhopping heh, but are there any general ways of not getting hit? I tend to be a bit gung ho at shooting ;)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Depends on how aggressive you're gonna play.. Most ppl play very agro at first untill they get uber pwnd by the other team :D

So I'd say that 200 rounds should be enough.. Remember it only takes 1 shot to kill ;)

Zenith

Part of the furniture
100 paintballs? Wtf is that.. If you have a decent gun, you'll be spending 2000 in a few hours :)

Well, I guess you wont get any superweapons from there.. But the general rule in competetive paintball is, if you dont wanna get shot, keep as much ball in the air as you can. Just keep it coming at the guy who is supposed to shoot you out. Then also think about how much of your body you're revealing outside of your hiding place.. Kinda hard to explain how, but you shouldnt be showing more than your gun and your mask at any time while hiding :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Trying to "snipe" someone takes alteast 5 allready.

That means if you're basicly stalking, get them at the end of your barrel and know one would be enough...you shoot atleast 5 :D

100 does sound a bit...insufficient, but i never had to count them.

Allthough...real hadcore guys go with 2x semi-autos.

Maybe only got 20 or so shots before you need to reload, but cool guys don't waste ammo :D

Oh and if you're a fallout fan, do what i did and order this :p

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
Lol, I just noticed I "200 for 60" games, but yeah it's only 6 games.

We'll all be newbies to the thing, although its a stag party for a guy who has served time in Iraq, Afghanistan and Kuwait so I think he might have a wee bit of an advantage. It doesnt seem like one of the arena paintball centres either, more of an open, middle of the forrest type thing. They seem to have a whole load of game types, I'm quite looking forward to capture the flag!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
We'll all be newbies to the thing, although its a stag party for a guy who has served time in Iraq, Afghanistan and Kuwait so I think he might have a wee bit of an advantage.

Actually, when we were out last time(in a three story house*hellacool*), there was a ex-UN soldier, a legion(what was it...?) soldier and two military dudes on the other team.

We had a CS "expert", two battlefield 1942 "elites" and your over the counter gamer nerds.

Guess who won :D

Gamah

Banned
I used 900 first time I went 700 is about right..200 will last you the first game :p

Zenith

Part of the furniture
When I play superair ( 5vs5 ) paintball, I use the full mag ( 180-200 balls ) and atleast 1 or maybe two pods, which is 200+ each.. And thats for 1 game ( 2-3 mins ). Tho in the open, you use alot less :)

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
Actually, when we were out last time(in a three story house*hellacool*), there was a ex-UN soldier, a legion(what was it...?) soldier and two military dudes on the other team.

We had a CS "expert", two battlefield 1942 "elites" and your over the counter gamer nerds.

Guess who won :D

I like happy endings, so I'm going to say the game nerds?

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Anything with SOFT in the name has to be for girls and pussies. :p

hahaha

Its a lure for randoms so the elite can hurt them plenty with tiny ballbearing firing at 328 fps

Ezteq

Queen of OT
go the day before and get your paintballs,

then freeze them over night for the next days match i guarantee anyone you shoot wont be getting up again in a hurry :)

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
go the day before and get your paintballs,

then freeze them over night for the next days match i guarantee anyone you shoot wont be getting up again in a hurry :)

Thats evil, you've clearly played before

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
Ouchy!

If your going to site try pre book a deal with em before you go, I go twice a year to a site just outsite shefield. Book direct with them, and get a full day, thats morning and afternoon sessions. 1000 balls, gun suit hire ect, lunch, 2 pyrotechnics for £45 ish. Indivualy that would cost about £70.

Most standard paintball sites guns can usualy fire 7 rounds per second, alot of the balls will actualy explode in the barel, so you wont see 7 rounds being shot. Alot you will always shoot atleast twice before getting your target right, the first 2 are kinda like tracers as the paintballs curl very easy.

Have fun and please wear gloves! A mate of mine took a pointblank shot at his bare right hand and broke 5 bones in it. We all bought gloves just after that.

Dudley52

Part of the furniture
Have fun and please wear gloves! A mate of mine took a pointblank shot at his bare right hand and broke 5 bones in it. We all bought gloves just after that.

Aye, good idea. When i was paintballing a couple of years ago i got a shot to the little finger with no gloves on. Blood was everywhere and i thought i had broke it!

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
I like the way this advice is going! Page 1 was like "Oh its fun, shoot lots and it will be ok", page 2 is "You are going to die, beware!" :D

I've heard point blank can really hurt, but I've got a nice bunch of friends so hopefully no one will break anything. Does it hurt much getting shot from distance?

echome

Fledgling Freddie
I like the way this advice is going! Page 1 was like "Oh its fun, shoot lots and it will be ok", page 2 is "You are going to die, beware!" :D

I've heard point blank can really hurt, but I've got a nice bunch of friends so hopefully no one will break anything. Does it hurt much getting shot from distance?

Depends where you do get hit hehe. I did get a flesh wound(sp?) on my upper leg last time. But no it is not so bad tbh... The best part is your adrenalin going through the roof! I'MMMMM ALIVVEEEEEE!!!
I enjoy hardball over paintball though. Love my G3 SG/1:fluffle:

Mey

Part of the furniture
Depends where you do get hit hehe. I did get a flesh wound(sp?) on my upper leg last time. But no it is not so bad tbh... The best part is your adrenalin going through the roof! I'MMMMM ALIVVEEEEEE!!!
I enjoy hardball over paintball though. Love my G3 SG/1:fluffle:

You have your own SG1!!!!

presentation_sg1.jpg

I'm never playing paintball with you :(

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Paintball is for kids and whimps to be honest.

Try Airsofting, guns cost a bit more but it's well worth it, about as close as you can get to simulating a real battle without getting arrested. :england:

I'll see if I can get a pic up of my M4 A1 assault rifle, got an extended barrel and scope on it, so can match most of the sniper rifles around for range with it but I havent played in awhile.

Be warned though, it hurts like **** and requires more batteries then an Ann Summers party.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom