Painkiller?

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
Has anyone had a good chance to fart ass about with the cfg's yet? I see Painkiller Euro has updated with a heap load of new stuff including a list of client and server commands (with user feedback), an interview with Brian Gladman of DreamCatcher Games and more map screenie goodness :D

painkiller :: euro ::

C/S Commands

DM_Curse_1_resize.jpg

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
10 minutes till the release of the PK MP demo, first one to post a non reg UK mirror gets a prize :D

Will

/bin/su
Can I get a change list? Site blocked as at work, and all that.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
have a read on pkeuro.com if u can get there

Covenant

Can't get enough of FH
Mr.Bee said:
It seems pretty random but you have to shoot the bubbles when hes over them, also when theres a certain cycle of bubbles in the water shoot two of them and a bubble will float from one flame to another, I havent killed him yet tho as his one hit kill hands keep getting me :(
Slightly late, I know, but the most effective method for killing him is to shoot the bubbles at his feet until they stop appearing. He'll turn more "solid" and you can shoot him whilst he's like this.

After the gas bubbles stop appearing at his feet and you get the 6 bubbles in a circle around the island, you need to pop them all so they burn. Eventually he'll go on a rampage putting the fires out, at which point he's not attacking you, is solid and you can tear him a new arsehole with the shotgun.

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Changelog:

A partial list of the updates include (the full list will be in a readme file included with the update):

Multiplayer improvements and fixes:

* NEW: new map, DM_Cursed
* NEW: full warmup mode for TDM and PCF modes, partial warmup for FFA/TLB/Voosh
* NEW: demo recording and playback incl. time control (slow down/speed up)
* NEW: spectator mode with 3 different views: FPS/TPP/Free
* NEW: voting system, including map change, kickbans, etc.
* NEW: server info incl. map/mode/fps/etc.
* NEW: "Disconnect" option in the menu
* CHANGE: improved respawning logic
* CHANGE: BrightSkins are On by default now
* CHANGE: players can now play LAN sessions with no access to the Internet
* CHANGE: redesigned items/respawns on several maps
* FIX: teamskins are now correctly displayed for the new players
* FIX: exploding barrels now correctly remove frags from the dead player instead of adding them to the enemy
* FIX: SayTeam now works correctly
* FIX: fake model exploit removed
* FIX: ElectroDriver autoaim exploit removed

Single-Player improvements and fixes:

* NEW: benchmarking system for both graphic cards and processors
* NEW: patching system with supporting .dat files
* CHANGE: Demon Morph frags now more spectacular
* CHANGE: players can bind all keys now (like numpad Enter etc.)
* CHANGE: CD start-up dialogues improved
* FIX: script error when the player kills PsychoElectro on the electric chair
* FIX: Babel's stones now always hurt the player
* FIX: numerous smaller bugs

Also implemented in the Painkiller 1.15 Update is some experimental forward-looking prediction code. As the name suggests, it's in the early stages of development, but may help some players - especially those with high ping - to achieve smoother game play. There are known issues with this code (eg. ragdolls move too quickly, code starts behaving incorrectly after longer periods of play, etc.) but it's in a state that allows some experimentation.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Oooohooooh - I wanna play this now !

Not fair :(

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
Its a great SP game..

The whole MP thang is a bit hit and miss tbh (i think) CB claim to have 200+ interested in a FFA bash and yet still have noone to supervise the PK side of things.

You have people crying out saying that the buying public / community should be more patient etc .. but I still can't help feeling the initial stages for securing a solid MP base have gone a little tits up.

You can read the threads over at PK Euro and make your own mind up (some great points made, like no Linux servers etc), I kind of hope this isn't DK all over again, still we will see.

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
Gamesville (Sky One) awarded PK 8 G's out of 10 and said they thought it was a great game. So there you go, big up for the SP game, they didn't mention anything about MP though.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Finished the SP...thought it was a RUBBISH ending btw.

Have since finished the game on Trauma (god that was...bleh) and seen the hidden ending.

I was going to keep PK for MP only but to be honest the DM/TDM is VERY limited and I realised nothig was going to change fast :(. All initial enthusiasm gone and game sold :(.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Ive bought this game and I can't even run it. :(

It keeps giving me a CD/DVD emulation software running error. Ive e-mailed dreamcatcher and they have basicly said I have to wait for a patch to come out to sort out the copy protection features. :twak:

Bloody fucking fantastic!

:mad:

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
..you can't argue with that tbh... this has been the argument all along a paying public that moans about a game they can't run is being told to be patient, I'm sure they will resolve these issues, but it does seem to affect so many. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see why people get cheesed off eh. :(

I've asked some questions over at PKEuro but got no reply... :(

babs

Can't get enough of FH
It's not much of a solution, but if you have CloneCD installed either stop it's processes or uninstall it. I had the same problem and that fixed it.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
babs said:
It's not much of a solution, but if you have CloneCD installed either stop it's processes or uninstall it. I had the same problem and that fixed it.

I stopped all processes running except anything needed by Windows.

I guess its worth a try uninstalling Nero and Clone CD. I use them for backing up my HD and burning photo's onto CD etc

I dont see why I have to go through all this!

They told me I shouldn't be running Netscape either! Or my Anti Virus/Firewall software!

Its just completely insane!!

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
"As a single-player experience, Painkiller well and truly delivers on its aim of being a fairly mindless but hugely enjoyable romp through a varied and beautiful world."

"Painkiller will develop into a well supported title.."

..great review, I just hope they can flog the MP aspect to as many as possible..

dysfunction

FH is my second home
:bazbeer:

Ive managed to get Painkiller working!!!!11

With a little bit of "help" from somewhere I can now play the game.
No Thanks to the game developers though.

So far I think its a great game!

Now all I have to do is try and find all the secret areas which I'm useless at!

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
heh glad to see you got it working.

I had the 'pleasure' of playing this on MP the other day.

God it's crap.

Everyone jumping around like bunnies :(

But still, the SP is a good blast, and thats what I'd buy it for :D

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
How anyone can like a game where the jump key is used more than the fire button is beyond me :)

Then again, I 'missed' the whole Quake 'thing', maybe I just don't get it.

Realism over bouncy bouncy any day of the week.

bigfoot

Fledgling Freddie
I like both. I can "dig" BFV style games but there's also something fun about playing in a more fantasy-driven environment like Quake 3 (and lesserly Painkiller).

Users who are viewing this thread