Pain

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Can't sleep again.

My own fault for sticking things down my ear to try to get some really irritating wax out. Unfortunately it's now inflamed, swollen and FUCKING THROBBING.

Aaaargh. I'm going insane. Paracetamol does nothing. Ibruprofen does nothing. Aspirin is better but it hasn't kicked in yet this time.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Try Syndol. Makes me dozy :)

russell

FH is my second home
Put an ice pack on it.
Then call the Drs for serious pain relief- and antibiotics.
Feel better soon x

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
poor fella. had that yonks ago with a toothache. NOTHING helped, basically I just stayed awake till I passed out :(

Chilly

Balls of steel
ya bellend. never jam stuff in your ears, just get the nurse at your local dos'c to syringe ya!

Gumbo

FH is my second home
ya bellend. never jam stuff in your ears, just get the nurse at your local dos'c to syringe ya!

With some luck she'll rub her boobs on the back of your head loads while she does it. Happened to me!

With even better luck she won't be 60 years old, and really quite hairy in very much the wrong places.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Can't sleep again.

My own fault for sticking things down my ear to try to get some really irritating wax out. Unfortunately it's now inflamed, swollen and FUCKING THROBBING.

Aaaargh. I'm going insane. Paracetamol does nothing. Ibruprofen does nothing. Aspirin is better but it hasn't kicked in yet this time.
Use Olive Oil. I get similar symptoms sometimes due to eczema. Also get syringed.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I'm on anti-biotics from the doc. No painkillers offered. I'm sticking with shedloads of aspirin as my main painkiller at the minute and when it's at peak effectiveness my ear is just very uncomfortable rather that acutely painful.

I used to get my ears syringed loads because they produce wax at a monstrous rate. My doctor in Brighouse though doesn't like syringing and just gives me drops. They never get my ears properly clear so sometimes it gets too annoying and I poke the bastard stuff out.

...and sometimes this happens as a result :(

The ear is swollen completely shut at the minute so no point in putting olive oil down it. Olive oil just makes it feel gungier for me normally anyway.

Be a few days before the anti-biotics kick in and my ear starts to return to normal the doc says.

Mixture of mega-aspirin and anti-biotics = v poorly tummy. Sick-breath is a real winner in the office :(

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Olive oil softens the wax mate and gives it a chance to fall out on it's own. If it feels gunky for you normally then do it before you go to bed. I tend to find that if I get a blockage rubbing behind the ear can sometimes help to shift it.

Doubtless none of this will help you now if you've been to the doctors but hopefully it may assist in the future.

Will

/bin/su
Aspirin is a fairly tame painkiller. Codeine (or co-codamol) with or without ibuprofen should be more effective.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Aspirin is a fairly tame painkiller. Codeine (or co-codamol) with or without ibuprofen should be more effective.

Can't get codeine in tescos :(

Vae

Resident Freddy

Try Solpadeine (which is Codeine and Paracetamol) plus Ibuprofen but, I think, you should avoid aspirin at the same time.

Will

/bin/su
No. I think it might be prescription only. You can get low dose co-codamol in Boots or over the counter. Best bet is going into a pharmacy and asking what they would suggest.

Edit : Vae, Solpadeine is just a branded co-codamol.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
you can alternate between Ibuprofen and Paracetemol.

take Ibuprofen and then 2 hours later, Paracetemol. 2 hours later - ibuprofen

and when using cotton buds - STOP WHEN THERE IS RESISTANCE !!!!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Resistance is when it feels so good to scratch !

My ears drive me crazy :(

Will

/bin/su
Amputate!!!!!!!!!!!!!1112"12`12

edit : fucking anti-all-in-caps protection

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
Have you tried antihistamine? You might have an allergic reaction in the tube which runs from the throat to the inner ear. Try equalizing the pressure (hold your nose and try blowing through it) this pops the tube open a bit and can help.

Steroid nasal spray might help too.

Peroxide ear drops is the only thing which actually shifts wax..

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Have you tried antihistamine? You might have an allergic reaction in the tube which runs from the throat to the inner ear. Try equalizing the pressure (hold your nose and try blowing through it) this pops the tube open a bit and can help.

Steroid nasal spray might help too.

Peroxide ear drops is the only thing which actually shifts wax..

Like Otex ?

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Otex is, in my experience, useless and makes my ears feel way more itchy.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Otex is, in my experience, useless and makes my ears feel way more itchy.

Peanut / Olive oil never works for me but Otex can help. Takes too long though and I get impatient after the 5th or 6th application and just start stabbing myself in the ear instead :(

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
5th/6th application = bad sign mate. I've never needed more than two.

I tend to find if you have to use buds that gently rotating them in the ear without applying pressure can help.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
5th/6th application = bad sign mate. I've never needed more than two.

I tend to find if you have to use buds that gently rotating them in the ear without applying pressure can help.

That's what I did (with a tissue, not a bud)

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
tried laying your knob on a table and hitting it with a hammer?

it will take your mind off your earache for a bit

Wij

I am a FH squatter
tried laying your knob on a table and hitting it with a hammer?

it will take your mind off your earache for a bit

hammer.jpg

I'm banging the above up and down on my nob like crazy but so far no effect.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Tissue comes apart, that's never gonna help amigo.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Tissue comes apart, that's never gonna help amigo.

I think I may have overdone it on the Beechams All-in-one. I'm sat in the office with a bright red face now. Hope noone comes to my desk.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
With some luck she'll rub her boobs on the back of your head loads while she does it. Happened to me!

With even better luck she won't be 60 years old, and really quite hairy in very much the wrong places.
Replace back with head and that's easily the best thing about going to the dentist, especially considering mines quite hot for being 40+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom