Owned by the cluster

Zegas

Fledgling Freddie
This cluster thing is terrible, i've somewhat lost my RM and WL now :twak:

Tried to port to Uppland on my WL from my house and the loading bar went full then hanged forever and it does this everytime I try log either of them char that are in Uppland :( My very old comp back in classic/si days did it on Relic Raids.... So now I can't play prydwen it seems :touch:

Z42

Fledgling Freddie
From Camelot reporter:-

Tip for the server clustering
When the clustering is run, one of the servers will be considered as the "main" one and one of the main after-effects of this appears in the character files of the second server. Those are then considered as characters of the first server and are duplicated in your game folder. You may have noticed that the names of the characters are followed by a number in your game folder, for instance, mike-177.ini. Those numbers correspond to a server and in this case, 177 is for Prydwen. When you play your character on the cluster, a new file appears, mike-33.ini, which corresponds to Excalibur. It's this file that will now be used by the game, since Excalibur will be considered as the "main" server. But when you will play your character on Prydwen for the first time after the clustering, you will notice that you will have to redo all your settings, quickbars, etc. To avoid this, you simply have copy the file of your character and to create a new one by replacing 177 by 33.
But this is possible only if you don't already have a character with the same name on Excalibur, because, in this case, you would already have a file name mike-33.ini. The easiest way in that case, is to contact the customer support asking (exceptionally) to rename one of the two characters. Give a list of 5 names you would like to give to your characters. But if you really want to keep both characters with the same name, there is another solution : copy in a folder your Prydwen character file and in another one your Excalibur character file and then place the one you want in your main folder before playing. You will have to take care not to overwrite the other file when you copy them before switching from one to the other, since they will both have the same name - mike33.ini here. Besides, note that we will not restore any character deleted on Prydwen and Excalibur, be it before or after the clustering. As it has already been indicated, if you have characters of different realms on these servers and you delete all the characters of one server, you will only be able to create characters of the realm of the other server for this one. So, think twice before typing "yes" to confirm the deletion.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
cluster seems fucked, same thing happening to me everytime i try to log into my only lvl 50 it hangs. :(

leviathane

Part of the furniture
well after 12 attempts i finally managed to log in, moved me back to my last bind spot in toa.

Falukropp

Fledgling Freddie
Was a lot of ppl with toons logged in svasud that had problems. It helped some to log in another toon first and then log on the one in svas.

Sama

Banned
Zegas said:
This cluster thing is terrible, i've somewhat lost my RM and WL now :twak:

Tried to port to Uppland on my WL from my house and the loading bar went full then hanged forever and it does this everytime I try log either of them char that are in Uppland :( My very old comp back in classic/si days did it on Relic Raids.... So now I can't play prydwen it seems :touch:

yay one less warlock to worry about! :D

Zegas

Fledgling Freddie
leviathane said:
well after 12 attempts i finally managed to log in, moved me back to my last bind spot in toa.

I been trying on and off since about 2:40pm or so or whenever it was and still not gots on :eek:

It'd be a little common curtesy wouldn't it if people moved some of their buffbots to yggdra and various keeps? :X just a few more seconds to port someplace isn't much to put up with so lots of people can log in their characters :/

Also, Sama, my Warlock is not much to worry about she is soft :(

Zegas

Fledgling Freddie
Sama said:
who else you play then? :p

At the moment nothing since can't log them in :p Wanted to get my RM to 50 she is nicer than WL :touch:

slaughtererer

Loyal Freddie
lo zeg m8
me n flo had the same trouble too we found that doin a complete file check then tryin again seemed to solve it m8 dunno why dunno how (you know im a techno phobe) but it did seem to work m8.give it a try
:drink: slaught

Zegas

Fledgling Freddie
I tried that too, though it didn't help - though I did get in finally at nearly 1am. I guess I just had to wait till some of the buffpets went to sleep :twak:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom