Owen's moving oop north

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Like he will win anything there :rolleyes:

No offense to Newcastle, but you really on Shearer too much and the poor bloke is past it :<

Himse

FH is my second home
the care commando is inc! watch out

he'll leave soon enough coz he wont be played, his performance has dropped dramatically recently :\ no wonder Madrid sold him :<

Brite

Banned
haha he wont be played a newcastle? what are you on lol!

ok just give me 16 million mr chairman so i can buy a benchwarmer, he is still one of englands best strikers

either he will cause newscastle to get into europe or leave, i think he just gave up waiting for another club to stump up the cash

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Brite said:
haha he wont be played a newcastle? what are you on lol!

ok just give me 16 million mr chairman so i can buy a benchwarmer, he is still one of englands best strikers

either he will cause newscastle to get into europe or leave, i think he just gave up waiting for another club to stump up the cash

Shearer + Owen upfront

Might work, shearers get a bit old now :<

Deld

Loyal Freddie
Still funny how Newcastle have spent I dunno about 16 million already (6million for Parker, which was a good signing and 9-10million for Luque(sp)) + another 16 million now for Owen and they have 1 pt from their last 4 games and have scored 0 goals. Personally, I don't support Newcastle, however I want Owen to do well hit some good form in time for the world cup. Will be good to see him on Match of the Day now also :)

Himse

FH is my second home
Brite said:
he is still one of englands best strikers

aye and everyone wonders why we suck, from what ive seen lately he doesnt finish that well, if he gets the perfect ball, he give a perfect finish, but i dunno, i dont rate him as a player.

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Thadius said:
Shearer + Owen upfront

Might work, shearers get a bit old now :<

Shearer finishes as Owen starts I think, not sure they will be playing together for long, this is Shearers last season :(

Litmus

Resident Freddy
tbh, i think owen has lost his wonder kid status which was put on him when he was about 18, since then i cant realy say he's done anything mind blowing.

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
lol owen newcastle hahaahahahhaahahahaha madrid dumped there trash :m00:

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Brite said:
he is still one of englands best strikers

With his speed diminishing the older he gets, what else does he have to offer? No height and hardly harrasses big defenders.

Bad move for him and not great for Newcastle. He should have waited for Liverpool to make a deal.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Hawkwind said:
With his speed diminishing the older he gets, what else does he have to offer? No height and hardly harrasses big defenders.

Bad move for him and not great for Newcastle. He should have waited for Liverpool to make a deal.

He would have been better at Liverpool with Alonso(?) banging balls across for him

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Last seasson Owens performance was very good. He scored 14 goals in Liga starting from the bench every match cept the last 4. Playing 25-30min /match is a good ratio imo.

I think he will do very good at Newcastle, mainly coz he will play from start every match and assuming he needs to prove himself as a valid striker with the worldcup inc in less than 10months, and w/o the shadow of Ronaldo over him.

But yes, he would do better in the reds with Alonso n Gerard behind him. They could have dumped that shitteh named Luis Garcia (most overrated player ive seen in a while) and used Owen to form with Morientes

Marc

FH is my second home
anyone thinking that owen is crap show they know fook all about football.

supersaint

Can't get enough of FH
Owen scored more goals per minute of play time in the whole of la liga last year so is still a great player,too bad Luxemburgo is Brazilian or he may of been Madrids first choice striker and there is no way he was gonna get picked before golden boy Raul who has played like a donkey for the past two years.Wether he's right for Newcastle remains to be seen,i have my doubts.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Owen is still world class, not got the pace he once had but he is a more intellegent player than he used to be. He will score 20 goals a season at ANY level and Newcastle need that badly, I seriously doubt he will be there next season though if Newcastle don't qualify for the Champions League.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Thadius said:
but you really on Shearer too much and the poor bloke is past it :<

Look at Sheringham, he's 39 and has already made 2 goals in Premier League :D

I'm impressed.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Lets face it, he's only gone to Newcastle coz Liverpool didn't want him and with a World Cup around the corner (assuming we qualify) sitting on the bench in Madrid wouldn't have done his playing chances much good given that Sven likes his players to be playing regular football.

And despite them saying there isn't a get out clause, I bet there is one.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Gibbo said:
Lets face it, he's only gone to Newcastle coz Liverpool didn't want him and with a World Cup around the corner (assuming we qualify) sitting on the bench in Madrid wouldn't have done his playing chances much good given that Sven likes his players to be playing regular football.

And despite them saying there isn't a get out clause, I bet there is one.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. Freddy Shepard also announced the sale of Jenas for £8 million, then we find an hour later from the Newcastle PLC posting to the stock market that the transfer fee was infact £7 million. When Owen was asked about a contract clause at the press conference yesterday he was about to answer and the Freddy Shepard jumps in to say there is no clause which left Owen with a bemused look on his face.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Benitez said they WERE trying to get him, but didn't want to pay double the price they sold him for.'

Don't see why he would say that if they weren't trying to get him

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
I heard Owen has a get-out clause for 12 Mill at the end of the season "if he's not happy at Newcastle" meaning if they win nothing he can be "unhappy" and sod off to Liverpool after a season there. Benitez gets a a good look at a player for a year and gets him for 12 mill which is a far better deal. Benitez and Liverpool board may be seeing it as a delayed transfer....it's a funny old game...

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
Owen will stay at Newcastle even if they win nowt this season. u forgetting the other VERY important signing of nolberto solano.. a signing that made newcastle fans just as happy as owen's..

sure, owen is after match practice to prove himself for 2006 world cup.. but after that he get the famous no9 shirt at newcastle when shearer retires.. he can be legendary, and all this talk of him being past it? he's 25 ffs.. lineker was scoring until when? rush was scoring until when? he's a class striker who knows where to go when its needed.

jermaine jenas is prolly thinking oh shit what have i done, after his transfer request and newcastle signed owen, luque and solano.. but he whined too much.. good riddance.

all you peeps saying owen is past it and it what a mistake for him to join newcastle.. say what team u support eh? jealously is a terrible thing

TOON TOON! BLACK AND WHITE ARMY!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
ilaya said:
all you peeps saying owen is past it and it what a mistake for him to join newcastle.. say what team u support eh? jealously is a terrible thing

TOON TOON! BLACK AND WHITE ARMY!

Even though I qualify for being a Man Utd supporter, living so far from Manchester I am a proud Gunners fan.

I still think Owen does not have that much apart from speed and quick reactions. Still that's one more credit than Rushie and he was a supreme striker for Liverpool. I honestly don't think he's "crap" just that there is better out there.

Jealous? Hell no! I think any team would take Henry :worthy: over Owen.

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
i m supporter of real madrid and i can say owen has been a fantastic & profesional player last year , making goals playing few minutes tbh. This year with the adquisitions of Robinho ( impressive his first match on the liga ) + Baptista + Ronaldo + raul ( he is playing crap atm but still is the symbol of the real madrid ) is not viable for owen play more minutes than past year so i think he did ok leaving madrid to play more minutes in newcastle and the go to the World championship germany `06.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom