Confused Overheating Graphics cards!?

Himse

FH is my second home
Ok, so I got my swanky new build with 2 GeForce 560 Ti's in, 2gb each.

Running everything is fine, apart from BF3, where the cards will heat up to 70-80C, I know this isn't the max temperature, but it's worring me a bit.

The two cards are at 38, and 49C when just browsing, obviously the second card will be warmer from the heat of the other card.

I have plenty of case ventilation, but i'm wondering what could cause it to heat up so violently? is 650w PSU not big enough to handle my cards therefore they go into overdrive? I'm running two displays also.

Sorry for the noob sounding, i'm not the best with PC's! Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Seems about right for a GPU that's running balls-out tbfh.

Kryten

Old Cow.
aye I wouldn't worry about it. If they start creeping towards 90 degrees then crack the pc open and give it a clean. 80 for dual cards isn't exactly out of the ordinary.

Himse

FH is my second home
It's brand new! It's clean as a whistle!

Fair enough, i'm keeping an eye on it, to me it just seems a little hot.

old.SevenSins

Loyal Freddie
My EVGA GTX470 (cleaned or not doesn't matter, EVGA shipped it with the nvidia stock cooler and it's rubbish) runs between 85/93 degrees full load. (93 cap after 8 hours of stressing, 85 is quite common running BF3 1.5 hour matches on Karkand infantry only).

In short, don't be alarmed!

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
On a related note. Can I run a HD5450 and a HD2600 in SLI or do the cards need to be identical?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
My AMD HD6950 is running at 58C idle :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom