over the top respec stone prices

dieo

Fledgling Freddie
anyone got a skill respec stone (full) for sale that isn't an over the top price of 20p plus?

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
I agree they're vastly overpriced, but from what I remember at any given time there are at least 5 stones for under 20plat in the markets, you wouldnt have to search for too long to find one under 15plat even.

Marc

FH is my second home
If i spent an hour and a half of total concentration to get some stones there is no way id sell them for less than 15-20p. Its all the people who have never been on a fg DR that are crying the prices are too high.

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
Marc said:
If i spent an hour and a half of total concentration to get some stones there is no way id sell them for less than 15-20p. Its all the people who have never been on a fg DR that are crying the prices are too high.

1.5 hrs ...... 1fg .... 3 skill? and 3ra? each .... selling em at the greedy prices (which is what i reckon they r) thats 60-90p if prices r based on 20-30p.

wasnt so long ago skill stones were 4-5p on cm. and there was just as many (ok many bit more raids) back then. but imo 20+p is bad :) 10-15 is touching bad. but is ok'ish. if i had stones id put em on for 10p.

Roken

One of Freddy's beloved
I paid 7p about 6 months ago - and that was from someone who was being generous judging by CM prices even then.

Inevitably in 6 months there will be a load more level 50 chars (alts especially) that have been 'specced'.
As people become more experienced they want to tweek characters more thus the demand for respec's increases.

I doubt many people have dragon drops in thier templates which leaves the only incentive to kill it Respecs / Cash.
Thus ALL the people on a dragon raid will intend to either use the respec or sell it for as much* as possible. (*a small percentage reasonable and they go quick)

Along come Mr Supply and Mrs Demand and pop.... 20p +

Only way to bring the price down is to increase supply.

/shrug

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
Roken said:
I paid 7p about 6 months ago - and that was from someone who was being generous judging by CM prices even then.

Inevitably in 6 months there will be a load more level 50 chars (alts especially) that have been 'specced'.
As people become more experienced they want to tweek characters more thus the demand for respec's increases.

I doubt many people have dragon drops in thier templates which leaves the only incentive to kill it Respecs / Cash.
Thus ALL the people on a dragon raid will intend to either use the respec or sell it for as much* as possible. (*a small percentage reasonable and they go quick)

Along come Mr Supply and Mrs Demand and pop.... 20p +

Only way to bring the price down is to increase supply.

/shrug

supply and demand ussually goes for items that there is NOT many of. goto cm and there are tons of respec stones :)

also bear in mind every1 got a free respec last patch also :)

o and the supply n demand thing imo if mostly a pile of cack. wasnt long ago CB's were on CMs for 20p.. me and glottis farmed about 8 of em... and put our prices on cm's to 14P (3-4 of em sold) ...

cple days later... most the CB on cm's were 14p... so we dropped our prices to 10p. sold another cple. and every1 dropped there prices to 10p'ish...... so we dropped our prices to 7p to get rid of the last cple we had... they sold and we checked cm's and msot cb's were ranging from 7-25p :) and now i belieave they dropped to 3-5p ?

so all it takes is some business minded people to drop there prices for the others to follow suit.. ofc they would need a supply to do so . to affect the market prices...

and id imagine thats how the prices get so high also.. all it takes is for an /as or /gu who reguler farms dragon to set prices at high and others follow suit thinking stones are worth that much. hence when they get a s tone. boom! they put theres on for 20p also... wasnt so long ago the ss /as "i think" had respec stone prices cornered with there reguler raids and telling folks they HAVE TO sell them at xx price or they cant attend any more raids :)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
NF = a wider range of specs avalible = more respecs needed = more respec stones needed = more farming to be done (but it isn't actually done to acquire everyones needs) = high stone prices.

NF to blame ! :m00:

Draylor

Part of the furniture
[HB]Jpeg said:
1.5 hrs ...... 1fg .... 3 skill? and 3ra? each .... selling em at the greedy prices (which is what i reckon they r) thats 60-90p if prices r based on 20-30p.
Last time I logged in before accounts closed I popped a few respecs on my house (119) for 20plat each. Check if theyre still there - if not then its because people are daft enough to pay daft prices for them.

Respec stone prices vary according to how many people are killing/farming the dragon (obviously). Despite it being stupidly easy since TOA (basically impossible to fail without falling asleep) people rarely go to the effort of making a group to kill it.

Cant blame those that do for taking advantage of the situation :)

Mathiyn

Fledgling Freddie
posted by Roken

Lol, think that you might have bought them from me. Had a Dragon Raid, was happy with specs of my characters, so sold mine for 6 plat. Stuck them on in the morning and 18 plat when I got home from work. Bargin :)

If it was you who was my buyer, cheers :clap:

Galoma

Fledgling Freddie
i gave a few away... infact the first i ever got a hold on i gave to a m8... and that was baq when we zerged the dragon 150 ppl+ :twak:

but i need a stone also :(

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
I am baffled why people do not understand game economics. In SI, yes, 20plat would have been a lot for a respec stone. It would have been a lot for anything. In TOA, 20plat is nothing. Fair enough you might not have much cash, but it is SO easy to farm, especially with RVR giving uber cash too. It takes over an hour in a full group to kill the dragon, concentrating fully - 20plat is nothing.

Beltorak

Fledgling Freddie
ToA created an inflation in game money.I think, just from the top of my head, that 50k is 1-2 plats, 2-4 hours lvling artis in PoC is 1-2 plats and this just from the normal "grind" without even trying to make money. So having 10 peeps of optimal classes spending 2 hours on a DR should receive alot for those Skill respec stones (especialy now since RA are worthless).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom