Oven Issue.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Didn't work, will leave it until the morning, cry, and ring the land lord.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Holy mother of jebus.......you have a land lord and you've worried and concerned us with this? Tell him he's renting you a death trap and get him to fix it you spaz!

Pffft I almost lost bloody sleep over your knob as well :eek:

Trem

Yeah, but... It's sort of my fault?

He doesn't know that!

Fair play for being so honest but.....he is a land lord he will sort it and not even think twice. Don't mess anymore mate, if it doesn't work tomorrow ring the house owner and tell them what you feel is right. Me? I'd just say it started tripping the electrics and get them to sort it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ovens should handle cleaning with water anyway, if it was going to bust it would've when some water boiled over or you steamed something anyway ;)

So it kind of isn't your fault even if you may have facilitated the already coming breakage.

Deliver the message to the landlord according to how nice/faceless/ahole/whatnot the landlord is, with the baseline "oven stop work, fix please".

Gwadien

Ovens should handle cleaning with water anyway, if it was going to bust it would've when some water boiled over or you steamed something anyway ;)

So it kind of isn't your fault even if you may have facilitated the already coming breakage.

Deliver the message to the landlord according to how nice/faceless/ahole/whatnot the landlord is, with the baseline "oven stop work, fix please".

Nah, the landlord is a fucking legend, honestly, if anyone has kids that they're sending to Nottingham to be students, hit me up (No fucking idea why you'd do that) but he's an absolute legend.

That's why I feel bad.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Nah, the landlord is a fucking legend, honestly, if anyone has kids that they're sending to Nottingham to be students, hit me up (No fucking idea why you'd do that) but he's an absolute legend.

That's why I feel bad.

Ah then it's amatter of talking honest. Tell what happened, ask what he thinks should be done etc. Think of it like telling your friend whos place you're renting that the oven went pop. Honestly shouldn't feel bad though, the thing was gonna go soon anyway if cleaning busts it up. (if indeed it's the oven at all etc etc.

Short in short; just talk with the landlord.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

That's why I feel bad.

Meh. Yep, it hurts a landlord in the pocket but you should be able to wash your oven top, period. If he's a legend he'll understand.

You cleaned it less than 12 hours ago tho - it'll take longer than that to dry out, but unless you were getting the kettle and pouring it on the knobs, after prizing the rubber up with a knife first, then your hob should take that...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Welp, that's official, me and Scouse agree on something again so it must be the absolute truth (y)

Gwadien

I feel like i've caused something here.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Caused us all to realise your a fucking fairy if nothing else. I didn't think students even used ovens, don't you just need a kettle and microwave?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Things have changed scene I was a student when u only cleaned for the term inspection.

Note is if it's rented and it don't work get the land lord to fix it.

Trem

He's a stoodent? Fucking hell, why didn't someone tell me that before I started to help :eek:

;)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
All female house we were near they used to steal toilet paper from the uni cause they were so manky they wouldn't buy any

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
All female house we were near they used to steal toilet paper from the uni cause they were so manky they wouldn't buy any

Mmmm....dirty girls

or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom