Games Outriders

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

This is starting to look very promising, demo available on 25th Feb on all platforms. Looter Shooter with classes. If you play the demo and decide to buy the game you keep everything you did in the demo. Completely cross platform.

Gameplay

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqB46adBC-o

Classes:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD9C52_Gxrs

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3_d3kN6dG4

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwDZWrhBJiU

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvlaoYHxzZQ

Ono

Part of the furniture
Found it boring to be honest. Felt like a poor man's Gears of War.

It was only the demo I guess.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Found it boring to be honest. Felt like a poor man's Gears of War.

It was only the demo I guess.

Found the story a little boring.

Thought the abilities were decent and the mini bosses were hard enough for low level. Although these change a lot when you open up the skill tree and get gear attuned to your abilities. World just seemed a little Anthem mixed with WWI Somme but again will change once out of the starter "war front" area. Shows some promise though.

Definitely needs some work. I did fill out a feedback form and told them the cover snap needs some work as I often found it did not work right, snapped me to the side rather than behind cover. They did reply which was a shock. Only had one crash which was early on in 3 play-throughs, none after I updated the radeon drivers to the latest..

Must admit I'm more excited by the Destiny 2 changes (x play, sunsetting etc.) than I am about this right now. Have seen some vids on endgame content so still hopefull this wont be another Anthem.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Didnt like it. The cut scenes were at 30 fps and stuttered across the screen. I hate games where they provide no jump function. Then its just a on rails shooter. Felt claustrophobic. The shooting was fine the abilities of the pyro i played were ok. But theres not much to it. The div 2 was much better

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
WAS going to buy it now that it had an almost ok:ish discount but figured i'd try the demo first, because you know, mixed reviews and an april fools release date and all.. Glad i did because this would have been a guaranteed refund.. The game was not horrible right up until the first mini boss when i noticed that the time HE took to cast his godly fire tornado was just slightly faster then it took MY interrupt grenade to REACH HIM!!! And the ONE time i got lucky and threw it before he started casting the fucker just ends up healing himself instead and then starts casting his fire tornado again...

I refuse to believe that this game is not a deliberate joke.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
WAS going to buy it now that it had an almost ok:ish discount but figured i'd try the demo first, because you know, mixed reviews and an april fools release date and all.. Glad i did because this would have been a guaranteed refund.. The game was not horrible right up until the first mini boss when i noticed that the time HE took to cast his godly fire tornado was just slightly faster then it took MY interrupt grenade to REACH HIM!!! And the ONE time i got lucky and threw it before he started casting the fucker just ends up healing himself instead and then starts casting his fire tornado again...

I refuse to believe that this game is not a deliberate joke.
Nah he was simple to kill. The games fine and all To a certain point. Then its too much grind for the uber gear with too little chance of getting it for me.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
They doubled the chance of getting legendary gear. So doing a 13 Expedition will get you one every time. Tested on patch day and got one every go on 13 and 14. Still not worth getting back into for me unless they add more content. Which, is due soon, statement two weeks ago was this summer.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
They doubled the chance of getting legendary gear. So doing a 13 Expedition will get you one every time. Tested on patch day and got one every go on 13 and 14. Still not worth getting back into for me unless they add more content. Which, is due soon, statement two weeks ago was this summer.
Will look out for the extra content.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
They also gave another freebie god role weapon Lego.

Might do the odd run on my pyro, still need that last Acari piece 😀. Still not finished AC Valhalla yet, bastards keep adding content.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
They also gave another freebie god role weapon Lego.

Might do the odd run on my pyro, still need that last Acari piece 😀. Still not finished AC Valhalla yet, bastards keep adding content.
Ac valhalla is definately worth playing. Must go back to it for the added stuff.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Nah he was simple to kill. The games fine and all To a certain point. Then its too much grind for the uber gear with too little chance of getting it for me.

Then how did you manage it with the technomancer? Because nothing i did helped much. At best before i ragequit i got him down to about 30% health before watching him heal to full again. I just could not interrupt both his skills, it was either the fire tornado and survive or his heal and die to the fire tornado and ads. I mean obviously i'm doing something wrong but i don't see what. :/

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Then how did you manage it with the technomancer? Because nothing i did helped much. At best before i ragequit i got him down to about 30% health before watching him heal to full again. I just could not interrupt both his skills, it was either the fire tornado and survive or his heal and die to the fire tornado and ads. I mean obviously i'm doing something wrong but i don't see what. :/
You do know you can alter the world level right? When you start it auto makes it the highest world level you got to. At some point you wont be able to keep up withgear levels for the world lvl you got to. So notch the world level down while you upgrage yr gear.

think i had it about world lvl 3 or so for the whole story ‘ then grind gear to up the world level at the end.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Only boss I had to drop world level on was the last one. Techno has abilities that interrupt several in the ordinance tree like Scrapnel. Also Freeze turret or the blighted turret with the freeze mod.

Techno is the one of the best classes up there with Pyro for dmg. Very close on top tier clear times.

Meant to add that Scrapnel only interrupts if you hit the enemy, so you have to aim. Freeze Turret would be my preference.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
You do know you can alter the world level right? When you start it auto makes it the highest world level you got to. At some point you wont be able to keep up withgear levels for the world lvl you got to. So notch the world level down while you upgrage yr gear.

think i had it about world lvl 3 or so for the whole story ‘ then grind gear to up the world level at the end.

No i did not know that actually, thanks for letting me know! :)

But yeah level 3 was where it was at. Gonna try again some day and take it down to 1..

Only boss I had to drop world level on was the last one. Techno has abilities that interrupt several in the ordinance tree like Scrapnel. Also Freeze turret or the blighted turret with the freeze mod.

Techno is the one of the best classes up there with Pyro for dmg. Very close on top tier clear times.

Meant to add that Scrapnel only interrupts if you hit the enemy, so you have to aim. Freeze Turret would be my preference.

You're speaking from an end game perspective. I'm playing the demo. :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Ah, the first boss fight, with him you have to keep the pressure on. You can interrupt his heal with a running melee. If you miss an interrupt on his flame whirlwind thing keep moving, run and gun.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom