Outlook 2007

staniel

Fledgling Freddie
Afternoon Folks,

I am having a problem with Outlook 2007 on one of my laptops, and I was wondering if anyone has seen this type of behaviour before.

Basically what is happening is when I am viewing my mail on the laptop in question is that when I open up my Outlook (I have have "auto preview" turned on, and the reading pane turned off) I can see that the mail has "content"

When I double click on the mail to bring the item into its own window it is showing as being blank, when I close the mail window and return to the main Outlook 2007 window the mail size is registering as 0K. If I try to view the mail on one of my other machines (also using Outlook 2007) the mail is showing as blank.

If I have recieved the message on my Windows Mobile 6 mobile using push mail before I recieve the mail on the "faulty" laptop I can read it.

This fault only manifests itself if the machine in question is the first one to pull the message from the server. If it is downloading a previously read message from the server onto my local inbox (I used Exchange 2003 Cached Mode) I can view the mail perfectly.

Back-End Setup: Windows 2003 Domain Controller, Exchange 2003 Mail Server.
User Set-Up: The account that I am using when this is happening is one that I created to use in conjuction with my roaming account for use on this laptop which is not always connected to the domain. This account has full mailbox access rights to the Mailbox that I am trying to access.

To be perfectly honest I don't have a clue why this is happening the mailbox rights are exactly the same as the access right's that I have for shared mailboxes and this is not happening.

I have tried to take "Cached Exchange Mode" off the user profile and this has made no difference.

Any help would be appricated.

Cheers

Staniel

Malecheon

Fledgling Freddie
Do you have any anti-virus software on the 'faulty' laptop that's setup to check the content of mail messages ?

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Not sure if it's related but i had a similar problem using OWA from Vista.
Basically when u tried to reply it didn't rendered the body of the new email (not exactly same problem but might be related). It ended up being Vista not recognizing the Owa Control as safe .... (Microsoft xD). I found a dll to patch it. Might want to do some research on google about it.

U might wat to try to disable Outlook integration or email scanning feature of your anti-virus or security program if it's not up to date (that's strongly true if u run AVG).

staniel

Fledgling Freddie
<cut>

U might wat to try to disable Outlook integration or email scanning feature of your anti-virus or security program if it's not up to date (that's strongly true if u run AVG).

I have just tried to use my own account and not the account that has the access to my mailbox.

And running exchange in non-cached mode has worked. I do use AVG (fully up todate) so I will try to dis-abled that and run a few tests to see if that causes the same issues.

Cheers for your help.

Staniel

staniel

Fledgling Freddie
Do you have any anti-virus software on the 'faulty' laptop that's setup to check the content of mail messages ?

I am running AVG Free that is fully up to date on the laptop in question.

Which is the same as the other two machines that are having no problems with Outlook :(

staniel

Fledgling Freddie
Just to let you know the problem has been sorted. It was AVG that was messing the contents of the e-mails up when it was scaning them for viruses.

It started happenin on one of my other machines running AVG but not the laptop using Avira.

Cheers

Staniel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom