Out on the 22nd !

S

SAS

The games coming, so here's the forum. From what I can tell full multiplayer support i.e with dedicated servers won't be avaliable from the word go, but will be added at a later point.

Until then single player should keep us occupied :D

/me can't wait to get his hands on one of those Tanks

O

old.Brasseye

While you're waiting, could you prod the chap who wrote the BW OpFlash review?

"War. Huh. What is it good for? Absolutely nothing!" Sang Frankie Goes to Hollywood in the heat of the ‘80s cold war crisis.."

In the Operation Flashpoint universe maybe... :)

http://www.amvets-ct.org/Audio_Edwin_Starr-War.html

O

old.+SA+Eliminator

Its coming out tommorow, you can be sure I'll be camping outside the nearest EB then ;)

S

SAS

After giving it a few plays slap your comments on here. :)

I'm broke until the end of the month so I'll have to wait before I get my greasy hands on it. :rolleyes:

W

whipped

With my internet connection shafted I need something to do. Putting aside the tissues for a bit I shall be popping along to EB to spend lots and lots of money on Op flashpoint and the GBA.

WooHoo!!!

No more bordem (and no more rashes) :)

O

old.FlameTop

Help! No matter what I try, I cant seem to get the operation flashpoint CD to fit in my Game Boy Advance!! What am I doing wrong???

:)

FT

O

old.FlameTop

OT: GBA

Well the GBA is actually called the AGB belive it or not :) Nintendo have strict rules what you call it.

The actual console is quite smart. Nice power, shame the screens not back-lit. Nice internal features; lots of hardware tricks etc still to be found by developers.

Just been down the shops and there are quite large queues in most of them. However, at £34.99 a game!! its something I can do without. (I blame the high price of the development kits :))

NGC is looking pretty good too. Industry buzz is very high on the NGC (esp vs X-Box).

FT

O

old.Jayminator

Originally posted by Brasseye
While you're waiting, could you prod the chap who wrote the BW OpFlash review?

"War. Huh. What is it good for? Absolutely nothing!" Sang Frankie Goes to Hollywood in the heat of the ‘80s cold war crisis.."

In the Operation Flashpoint universe maybe... :)

http://www.amvets-ct.org/Audio_Edwin_Starr-War.html
Yeah fair enough but Frankie Goes To Hollywood did do a version of it. It was on the Two Tribes single. A single released directly at the cold war of the time - hence the reference.

http://user.tninet.se/~asf840z/lyrix.html

O

old.Brasseye

Fair enough

My Frankie pop-trivia isn't one of my strong points it must be said, so please forgive my oversight. Anyways, was the cover much cop?

S

SoWat

Frankie Goes to Hollywood made a decent job of it, but nothing beats ole Edwin Starr.

W

Wij

Re: OT: GBA

Originally posted by FlameTop
Well the GBA is actually called the AGB belive it or not :) Nintendo have strict rules what you call it.

The actual console is quite smart. Nice power, shame the screens not back-lit. Nice internal features; lots of hardware tricks etc still to be found by developers.

Just been down the shops and there are quite large queues in most of them. However, at £34.99 a game!! its something I can do without. (I blame the high price of the development kits :))

NGC is looking pretty good too. Industry buzz is very high on the NGC (esp vs X-Box).

FT

Just got my GBA. Castlevania is real cool :)

About being back-lit, how many batteries have you got ? :D It would be back to the days of the Game Gear (used to love mine but I got fed up of changing the batteries every two hours. It's in the loft now :()

It's about as good as my lovely Neo Geo Pocket colour in terms of brightness, which is a shame considering that came out a while ago and the batteries last longer than GBA.

U can use the 'contrast' control though :D

O

old.Jayminator

Back-lit would've been better. I've just bought the MadCatz rechargeable battery kit so the fact that the backlight sucks batteries quicker is of high indifference to me.

W

Wij

U might as well plug it in the wall at that rate :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom