Out on Friday!

E

EnricoPolatso

Freelancer is out on Friday! Tho for some reason Game just emailed me to say that they are processing my pre-order, wonder if that means they are going to send it out early by mistake! :D Lets hope so!

Am new around here so was wondering whether Game were thinking of opening a freelancer server or not? I didnt think it was the sort of game that they would support? not really server based?

Anyway - cant wait!

:clap:

V

VidX

Yip, out this week :)

And there is talk here of game.net trying to run a server or 2, since the multiplayer side is server-based.

However, until the new patch is released, I think any official server is going to be a waste, due to nearly everything but interaction being handled by the client, with the server just holding info like faction details, map exploration and ship location.

This, basically, means that Freelancer multiplayer is as secure as DiabloII :p

But with alot more people able to buy it as of Friday, there will be alot more activity online in the UK communities :D

Z

Zanato

Hey peeps,
This is my first post on these forums. Freelancer is looking great played the demo and can't wait for friday.
In reference to it being as secure as diablo 2 well that officially suckx big time, although its not like 90 percent of the players are hacked on Diablo 2 cough cough note the sarcasm.
Anywayz just thought I would say hi and express my joy that freelancer comes out friday.

B

Brannor McThife

Oooh Oooh, it arrives tomorrow. Can't wait... oooh oooh. :D

-G

V

VidX

In regards to the security:

I figured out how to copy one profile to another and get it working, so admins will be able to check profiles and see what things are like.

Until the new patch is released and fixes things by holding realtime details on the server, it's gonna be as bad as D2 in terms of hacking. It's even possible to edit/mod the game and still play on the same server as people who haven't made any changes.

Anyway.... when are the Barrysworld/Game.net Freelancers up? :D

No, seriously, I have 8 people who are looking for a semi-permanent server, and if I find one, then I might say bye-bye to DAoC :p

Well, on one of my PCs anyway lol

M

MikeyBear

Theres a Game.net server up atm, just been on it \o/

V

VidX

bah!

Well that's no use since I'm in work :(

Oh well, something to look forward to when I get home :)

S

Starman

Had mine ages thanks to a lovely free copy of Microsoft :clap:

E

EnricoPolatso

Originally posted by Starman
Had mine ages thanks to a lovely free copy of Microsoft

How did you get a free copy?? :eek7:

Well I got my copy on friday delivered by Game and have been playing it ever since and am loving it! :great:

I've not played the multiplayer version yet? How are you guys finding it?

T

TheJkWhoSaysNi

I've had this game since late february! Damn good one too, only one thing missing: JOYSTICK SUPPORT!

After reaching level 36, with over 1.5 million credits the best ship in the game (The Sabre, no, i'm not getting into the Titan/Sabre arguement again) and the best weapons in the game, it gets really boring. There is nothing left to do other than make money. :sleeping:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom