Other Realms Classes

T

Tigerius

Go play Hibernia and Midgard that would be my best starting advice, atleast Midgard has less classes than Albion, won't take you long to get a hang on what they're doing. Spy! Ask them. Even try playing some of their more intricate classes, Healers, Runemasters, Bards, Mentalists. Atleast sit down and imagine yourself starting a character there, for me that process always
a) Simple categorizing, Caster, Tank, Support, Rouge.
b) Check speclines, possible utility specs and strong endgame abilities. Sketch on some original templates.
c) Start reading guides on the class(es), Teamleader boards on IGN are also a great resource for notable class limitations and weaknesses.
d) Compare your modified templates, see what optimal specs the guides have and what you have. See what you'd get out of each class endgame and it's distinct weaknesses.

Another big advantage with playing another realm for even a bit is learning the frontier from their POV, where to exp, the usual paths. Where the main exping areas inside realm are in relativity to border keeps.

Not that everyone seems to know that in Albion, to those that are over 40+ and still don't know Pennines / our keeps, it's time to learn that. A printed map of Pennines (with mobs marked!) will let you move fairly well, but learning actively by moving there is best. I personally detest Pennines, scares me silly leading a group through there, didn't get better when they added a purple to 48 aggro named in one of my guaranteed safe paths. Still no excuse for not knowing the zone somewhat. When they bring war here Pennines can't be a big barrier to people.

L

-Light-

Does anyone else think just scarily that Tigerius seems to know waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much?

;)

Well least this thread kept me going through another day!

M

Moody

I read all the sites too, but nothing beats Rvring a bit for first hand experience and also, playing the enemy a bit on other servers. Although not high because my main realm is of course Albion I played a Blademaster, Hero, Champion, Druid, Eldritch, Thane, Warrior and Skald and I will play the rest too. At lvl 15 or even 10, you already can see most of their possibilities.

I personally use the catacombs character builder. I have also attempted to make a buff cleric because everyone seems to be heal+smite, but its almost impossible to play him. Often get the "why dont you smite" crap in a group, when they just got a couple of green uberbuffs AND expect you to heal uber as well :rolleyes:

Well to get back to the point: To know your enemy, play him.

O

old.Filip

I have played all 3 realms (allso in RvR) and 100% agree with tirgeous (or something like that).

but reading and specing em on the char builder is a good substitute

D

Damini

Originally posted by -Light-

I CRY OUT TO DAMINI to give me a ride on her wicked little elephant thing in that picture she had to cheer me up :(

I had a wicked elephant? When did I have an elephant? What did I do with it?

So horribly confused and a little lost...

L

-Light-

I swear it was an elephant that u were riding in that little Avatar picture

AND WAIT A MINUTE in fact where did our avatars GO!?!!

L

lofff

ROFLMAO :clap:

ffs that thread OWNZ, am really crying on laughs! HAHAHA

omg, u are pure sick ppl, really need to know more bout other classes... omg... >.< (dont wanna be unfair but am really ROFL atm)

R

Rossco

*sighs*

I think the point has been missed here, well nevermind, peeps will learn how the different players attack em first hand i suppose :)

Rossco

:touch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom