OT: Bored? How Smart are You?

O

old.tRoG

i cant see anyone with an IQ of 2 working out anything to do with the wierd forulas in daoc, can you?

mind you, if someone had an IQ of 2 theyd probably be dead or a slug.

O

old.LandShark

A lot of gamers may well have above average intelligence. However, IQ tests are usually a test of your ability to use logic. Logical ability is only a very small part of what i would deem intelligence.
Also, did it seem to anyone else like that test had a lot of questions in it that were more a test of education/literacy than anything else? Such as the "which of these words is the opposite of <blah>" ones...
knowing what the opposite of inept is doesn't mean I have a high IQ, it merely suggests that I knew how to read before the age of 14 :)

D

Damini

I severely lack logic.

I was the girl who was smart enough to plan ahead for winter, and buy some lock de-icer :)

Which I kept in the car. Cue the freezing of locks and the swearing. Dear gods, the swearing....

Edit:// Logic, not knowledge! Damn Sunday brain :(

O

old.tRoG

if you do lots of these IQ tests you will become used to the types of questions and it will show your IQ as being higher (since you are used to the types of questions and are prepared).

But if you do an IQ test first (or the first time for a very long time) then it will probably be true.

O

old.Alliandre

Your IQ score is 124

This number is the result of a formula based on how many questions you answered correctly on Emode's Ultimate IQ test.

The even better news is that at Emode, we've taken your IQ test one step further. During the test, you answered four different types of questions — mathematical, visual-spatial, linguistic and logical. We were able to analyze how you did on each set of those questions, which allows us to shed light on the way your brain uniquely functions.

At the same time, we compared your answers with others who have taken the test, and according to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Visual Mathematician.

The first thing we can tell you about that is you have a strong ability to process visual-spatial and mathematical information. But that's just scratching the surface.

But then again. I am only 15, doing GCSE's :p Got a 7 in Maths though (2 higher than average) so I'm not suprised there.

O

old.Alliandre

Originally posted by old.Alliandre
Your IQ score is 124

This number is the result of a formula based on how many questions you answered correctly on Emode's Ultimate IQ test.

The even better news is that at Emode, we've taken your IQ test one step further. During the test, you answered four different types of questions — mathematical, visual-spatial, linguistic and logical. We were able to analyze how you did on each set of those questions, which allows us to shed light on the way your brain uniquely functions.

At the same time, we compared your answers with others who have taken the test, and according to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Visual Mathematician.

The first thing we can tell you about that is you have a strong ability to process visual-spatial and mathematical information. But that's just scratching the surface.

But then again. I am only 15, doing GCSE's :p Got a 7 in Maths though (2 higher than average) so I'm not suprised there.

But this is the bit that made me laugh. On the email this site to a friend ;)

I was blown away by Emode's Ultimate IQ Test. It gave me access to my IQ score, a description of how my mind works, and tons more. It explained a lot! Don't you want to find out your IQ? Take the test!

Why did it post again? I only edited :(

S

shu_ayala

Your IQ score is 126 (Oh dear)

At the same time, we compared your answers with others who have taken the test, and according to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Precision Processor.

Well if nothing else I got a different Intellectual type than most......

(/me makes note to maybe play less games and try doing something with my brain)

:D

A

Addlcove

YAAAY

I have the ALLTIME LOWEST IQ, of 122, EVERYONE must PAY ME 10 GOLD :p

muhahahahahahaha

(sleepy and not english is my excuse ;p)

A

Ardwan

Originally posted by Damini
You quoted, instead of editting.

And doing something like that knocks 10 points off yer IQ score ;)

D

Damon_D

Jan, you are a Precision Processor,The first thing we can tell you about that is you've got a very experiential way of learning and a strong mathematical mind. But that's just scratching the surface.
Hmm dont see no number no where , i might not be stupid but i might be blind ( btw english is only my 3 language )

Bahh found it says 127 , not to shabby for one for whom english is only his 3 language , well doing it at 5:30 in the morning after being up 24 hours, might not up the result too hehe

I actualy did a pre mensa test once , kind of a test to see if ya qualified to even take the test , and got a score of 140 , think its 142 to get in , could have changed since its 2 years ago

S

satar2

Re: YAAAY

Originally posted by Octanion
I have the ALLTIME LOWEST IQ, of 122, EVERYONE must PAY ME 10 GOLD :p

muhahahahahahaha

(sleepy and not english is my excuse ;p)

Congratulations, Satar!
Your IQ score is 73

At the same time, we compared your answers with others who have taken the test, and according to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is an Inventive Inquisitor.

The first thing we can tell you about that is you're equally good at mathematical and verbal skills and have a thirst for learning through experience. But that's just scratching the surface.

I win :clap:

P

- Pathfinder -

Heh why bother with this? Either people are lying or this test is crap (experience tells me the latter seems likely ;)). The World average IQ suppsoedly lies around 100 (Sweden is supposed to be slightly higher *cough* :)), but I've never met anyone who's had a score of 110 or worse on an online test ;)

P.S. try telling the test taht you're 5 years old; you'll get a nifty IQ :p

K

Keri

Originally posted by Ardwan

I'm assuming that excludes pretty much anyone ho plays Counterstrike ;)

Well, okay .. let me rephrase it ... I'll change "gamers" to DAoC players" :p

B

Bodzilla

Your IQ score is 140

At the same time, we compared your answers with others who have taken the test, and according to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Visionary Philosopher.

The first thing we can tell you about that is you're equally good at mathematical and verbal tasks, and learn best through experience. But that's just scratching the surface.

Guess dropping out of college was intelligent then :rolleyes:

O

old.job

but got bored and started guessing.
But it's hardly a reliable method is it, IQ testing, people can get good at cryptic crosswords by getting into the mindset of the questions, same for IQ tests.

The more you do the better you get, but it doesn't make any brainier...or does it?

F

Flimgoblin

Online IQ tests aren't worth the paper they're written on ... :)

A

Ardwan

Originally posted by Fingoniel
Online IQ tests aren't worth the paper they're written on ... :)

but they're not written on paper..ooohh...nevermind ;)

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by Bodzilla
Your IQ score is 140

Hey Bodz - how did you edit that to show 140 without the little 'edited by Bodzilla at....' message showing up at the bottom of your post???:p

A

Ardwan

Originally posted by Jupitus

Hey Bodz - how did you edit that to show 140 without the little 'edited by Bodzilla at....' message showing up at the bottom of your post???:p

If you edit a post within a certain amount of seconds it doesn't show the "Edited" message

S

sendar

silly

The fact that most peeps are getting over 120 means this test is invalid. An IQ test must be based on auditory, visual, logic and many other types of processes the brain does, in a controlled environment. Therefore the web is not suitable.
It also does not matter what age you are, the IQ test, if done correctly, should come out almost exactly the same at whatever age (there is a mimimum age tho, u need to beable to read and write, and there may be a few points different in age, but not much). This is because the test is not testing ure ability to read, write or speak, its your capacity to think and learn. Einstein was apparently dyslexic and his reading and writing was terrible, also did badly in school (dunno what his IQ was though.. anyone know?)!

The IQ test is made so that a score of 100 is the average person. This test was made a long time ago though, a recent study in the uk on telly showed it was more like 107 now (we are getting more inteligent as a species remember), but again, this test was not in controlled environment, so not 100% valid.

did I just write all that? GOD IM BORED!

Sendar Silvershadow

J

Jupitus

If you edit a post within a certain amount of seconds it doesn't show the "Edited" message

:rolleyes:

Ardwan! You should know me better by now, or do I still need to use the [sarcasm]+[/sarcasm] modifiers???

;)

B

Bodzilla

Don't worry Jup, your nice IQ score of 91 is still better then George W Bush :)

A

Ardwan

Originally posted by Jupitus

Ardwan! You should know me better by now, or do I still need to use the [sarcasm]+[/sarcasm] modifiers???

;)

It's because I know you so well that I figured you wouldn't actually know the answer :p

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by Bodzilla
Don't worry Jup, your nice IQ score of 91 is still better then George W Bush :)

sssshhhhhhhhh!!!!

It's because I know you so well that I figured you wouldn't actually know the answer :p

Bah... now I am truly rumbled!!!

:p

K

kr0n

Your IQ score is 131

Had more with other test, and less with some. There is different types of intellect, mathematic, artistic etcetc. Common sence is the one really needed ;)

D

Depape

Your IQ score is 129

At the same time, we compared your answers with others who have taken the test, and according to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Precision Processor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom