Orion's Belt encounter

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
I have a friend who has just started playing, when he got to lvl 30 I suggested we go get him Orion's belt.

Its been a couple of days now and he has got himself to level 32 leveling off the harpies and bolos statues around the encounter (he has done some quests as well) but he hasn't seen the encounter spawn once OR got any scrolls yet. I have check on both Prydwen and Excalibur for Perida and killed quite a few harpies myself in an attempt to get some scrolls (or the encounter to pop) but nothing.

I know there have been quite a few changes to ToA and it could be that I missed something but does anybody know what we could be doing wrong? We did do Golm encounter which spawned while killing mobs but have not got any of the scrolls for that yet either.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
As long as you're looking in the right place I can't see what else is wrong.

It's a while since I've done it, but it's just kill Peridas (in several forms) on the small island just north of the one with the lines of pillars. I've got the scrolls from the island with the lines of pillars, though they don't drop as commonly as the higher level scrolls do now.

Darzil

Deerstalker

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
As long as you're looking in the right place I can't see what else is wrong.

It's a while since I've done it, but it's just kill Peridas (in several forms) on the small island just north of the one with the lines of pillars. I've got the scrolls from the island with the lines of pillars, though they don't drop as commonly as the higher level scrolls do now.

Darzil

Last time I did it on Alb ( Excal / Pryd ) was 2 weeks ago, on hib last week.

Scrolls drop from statues or harpies around oceanus. however since goa put the Recipies in for the Daemon quests, the drop rate has been screwed, it's way harder to get scrolls for orions / gem of lost paitence^G^G^G^G^G^G^Memories than any other arti.

But they do drop. if you need the encounter on alb, just give me a shout ingame and I'll come do it for you.

Deer.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Deerstalker said:
Last time I did it on Alb ( Excal / Pryd ) was 2 weeks ago, on hib last week.

Scrolls drop from statues or harpies around oceanus. however since goa put the Recipies in for the Daemon quests, the drop rate has been screwed, it's way harder to get scrolls for orions / gem of lost paitence^G^G^G^G^G^G^Memories than any other arti.

But they do drop. if you need the encounter on alb, just give me a shout ingame and I'll come do it for you.

Deer.

This could well be the reason. I did pick up a couple of recipies and wondered what they were for. Thanks for offering to help but we are playing on mid and I think my ML9 sm pet should just about manage this encounter! ;)

Does anybody know if the mob despawns or only appears at certain time of the day as described on VoS?

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Cadelin said:
Does anybody know if the mob despawns or only appears at certain time of the day as described on VoS?

It doesn't despawn but it can have a very long respawn time.. I've heard of people camping it for several days before..

The fact it's only 20 seconds from the port into TOA doesn't help as it's so easy just to run over solo and kill it on your way past (takes 20 seconds) so unless your actually camping it it's easy to miss the spawn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom