Origins talk again ...

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
Not sure, think I'd be after dropping the stat caps tbh - everything else I'd go with. All this talk of killing the theurg, bringing in the Valk & keeping the new archery system smacks of them tinkering with something that needs to be left as it was.
The only reason for dropping the theurg and keeping the valk was to have equal number of classes on all realms. Valk stays becuase of the healing ability and dropping theurg was about pet spamming classes (that hib/mid doesnt have).

Great decision imo ;p

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
When do you guys realise it?

NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
you thought it'd never happen between me and your cousins, but it did. Oh, but it did. Over and over and over!

Afran

Part of the furniture
Probably will happen actually but most people are past caring and wouldnt play it anyway

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Still removes from what i class as Old DAOC.

That's my beef with it. Theurg in old style DAoC was a great class but not OP'd. Valk in it's current form stuck into OF would be OP'd.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
That's my beef with it. Theurg in old style DAoC was a great class but not OP'd. Valk in it's current form stuck into OF would be OP'd.
My beef with em nuking classes, is this far down the line pretty much every class shy of maulers feels oldskool and intrinsically part of the game and wouldn't like to see removed.

Remove the friggin cows ffs tho.

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
My beef with em nuking classes, is this far down the line pretty much every class shy of maulers feels oldskool and intrinsically part of the game and wouldn't like to see removed.

All classes (and races afaik) will be removed except for the original ones. That includes SI classes as well. Thats why they wanted to remove one class from alb and add one to mid since mid had 2 classes less and hib 1 compared to alb.

Not sure how it will be ofc since its just at the drawing board and may not ever be released. Im sure i will try it out though in case of a launch ;p

Everz

FH is my second home
removing SI is a big mistake also, that was and still is my favourite part of the game :<.

Pertan

Can't get enough of FH
Remove everything that came after 1.65 and start over from there.

Genedril

Part of the furniture

Could go with that - without stat caps & spell/melee dmg / cast speed etc then it'd all be pretty even again. Archer classes would have to be returned to old mechanics though - new ones are stupid.

BTW I had to read your post 4 times to work out why you had a beef with all mage classes..... To much WDS on the go for me atm.

Everz

FH is my second home
remove cata classes

to me they don't feel part of the old skool game.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
BTW I had to read your post 4 times to work out why you had a beef with all mage classes.....
Aye broken easymode classes, get rid of them!

I'm not an Einstein on balancing issues and the whole topic puts me to sleep pretty quick. But seems to me they're making a rod for their own back with all this tampering, pick and mixing, which is not much less difficult from altogether tearing up the current fairly balanced ruleset and starting again. It'll take several patches and loads of manhours to get it right.

My hope is they don't get too anal about getting the mechanics back to pre-SI, go with what they've got, and just get back to the whole dark age feel of the game from the early period while cutting down some of the grid. For example I think the MLs have been great and given alot of toons an extra lvl of compexity they didn't have. So dish them out free at 45th or 50th and junk the ToA zones. Get rid of the stupid races - cows, fishes, etc - but not the classes. Get frontier and classic mobs to drop mytherians, and just the Labby, etc etc etc. Then there's the RAs, oh dear what a bundle of worms.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
I'd personally love them to add Shrouded Isles in (it was a good expansion without forcing people to PvE grind again), however the more bits you add the less it becomes what the name suggests - the back to basics DAoC server.

It reminds me of the current Classic ruleset, which wasn't that far off being a server with original DAoC with Shrouded Isles. However with Catacombs, Darkness Rising, Labyrinth, Dragon's Revenge etc it just ended up as a server without ToA.

They should keep the Theurgist and dump the Valkyrie. Whilst Albion did have more classes - they also had the same abilties spread out over these classes. Midgard had fewer classes, but they could run a pure melee group without any cloth caster for mezzing (still possible today of course, but less likely). Just nerf the classes which would be considered unbalanced - the Theurgist wasn't that bad with only 1500 range and pets lasting 20-30 seconds for example, as then it's easier for the caster to nuke instead (more damage).

Looking at the original Origins announcement:

Many intelligent and experienced minds are focused on this aspect of Origins, and the main question by which we've operated during its development is, If we could do this all over again, knowing what we know today, how would we do things differently?

I just don't want a server which is old DAoC with so many little updates that it kinda misses the point. I want the memories of old DAoC to return! Yes, it may have been near impossible to defend the Albion magic relic due to the location, Hibernia had a huge disadvantage when travelling to Emain - but it's the old game which many of us are fond of.

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
Well getting it back to old daoc is impossible without changing everything. Including the client. So im not fuzzed about keeping stuff like the current styles, archer system etc. YES i would like it to be exactly like before but thats never gonna happened.

I think the current plans (which is from last summer or something) isnt bad at all. Just hope they dont screw it up like they did with classic servers (which was a joke tbh)...

Devlinn

Fledgling Freddie
Mmmm... Trying to take DC or Bled whilst trapped in a valley... oh the days

Can someone remind me... PoC was in OF too right?

I was just remembering when a Mid relic raid on christmas eve was stopped by 3fg albs waiting at alb PoC entrance with ice wizzies... made a video of it to jingle bells... think i've lost the video though :<

Everz

FH is my second home
Mmmm... Trying to take DC or Bled whilst trapped in a valley... oh the days

Can someone remind me... PoC was in OF too right?

Nope

We had Halls of Corrupt/Marfach and <3 Dodens.

Devlinn

Fledgling Freddie
Ah yeah that's the one HoC Mids tried to sneak their raid through there lol but a minstrel saw them haha.

Also remembering the time i was out with a fg in Odins but no mids came out to play so we took bled to start some action, and no one came to defend/retake, so we took another keep, and another, ended up with all the keeps and still no mids so we hit the relic and Public Enemies came to carry the relic home.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Omg I totally forgot about that!

Dodens was pure <3

edit: For nostalgia I google'd "daoc dodens map", but oh god the horror my eyes met! Wish I had some sort of security on my google searches sometimes :/

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Answer is simple...

Keep it simple... keep it relatively down to earth and balanced. Keep pve to a minimum.

And preferably give a 1 char char copy (or at least RR copy, no items).

PS: Preferably buff bot NPC @ frontiers.

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
Ah yeah that's the one HoC Mids tried to sneak their raid through there lol but a minstrel saw them haha.

Also remembering the time i was out with a fg in Odins but no mids came out to play so we took bled to start some action, and no one came to defend/retake, so we took another keep, and another, ended up with all the keeps and still no mids so we hit the relic and Public Enemies came to carry the relic home.

Oh man OF was great fun tbh.. so much freedome and choice where you wanted to go and what you wanted to do.

NF is go bridge camp,
go 8v8...
...logoff. ;)

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
The only reason for dropping the theurg and keeping the valk was to have equal number of classes on all realms. Valk stays becuase of the healing ability and dropping theurg was about pet spamming classes (that hib/mid doesnt have).

Great decision imo ;p

Hehe I'm of the oposite idea, I think introducing valk and removing theug = huge huge huge imbalance in the open field kind of game where positioning and interrupts win fights vs equally skilled people with a clue.

Albion cannot effectivly interrupt with cabalist and minstrel, just no way. The minstrel will get owned on inc, and his pet is so nice etc etc but it is no easy task managing a redcon buffed pet in battle it is very hard :d..

I know some people said caba + minstrel is enough blah blah and sorc aswell will be np.. the same people wouldn't even play alb themselves ( not talking about you now but general VN tools :x ).

Personally I don't care one bit anymore I'm not playing albion without theugs either and rolling alb with a mid push group will be lollerskates :d

rm sm
bers bers/warr/thane
valk

will be lawl ;d..

Oh who am I kidding this isn't gonna happend anyway =)

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
Anyone heard anything new about this Origins bizz?

I'm getting excited lol..miss daoc :l

Is there any feedback on the devs bloggs, or any other semi unofficial source? :D

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
Hehe I'm of the oposite idea, I think introducing valk and removing theug = huge huge huge imbalance in the open field kind of game where positioning and interrupts win fights vs equally skilled people with a clue.

Albion cannot effectivly interrupt with cabalist and minstrel, just no way. The minstrel will get owned on inc, and his pet is so nice etc etc but it is no easy task managing a redcon buffed pet in battle it is very hard :d..

I know some people said caba + minstrel is enough blah blah and sorc aswell will be np.. the same people wouldn't even play alb themselves ( not talking about you now but general VN tools :x ).

Personally I don't care one bit anymore I'm not playing albion without theugs either and rolling alb with a mid push group will be lollerskates :d

rm sm
bers bers/warr/thane
valk

will be lawl ;d..

Oh who am I kidding this isn't gonna happend anyway =)
Adapt? People have always adapted and i dont see how this wouldnt be possible this time either...

I think removing theurg is the best choise by far. They would make alb groups easy mode otherwise. Thats my opinion.

And regarding valks i do recall they would make some changes to them as well. Nerf or love i have no idea...

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
Adapt? People have always adapted and i dont see how this wouldnt be possible this time either...

I think removing theurg is the best choise by far. They would make alb groups easy mode otherwise. Thats my opinion.

And regarding valks i do recall they would make some changes to them as well. Nerf or love i have no idea...

Yah well, I'm not gonna play alb without theugs so i dont have to adapt.

Rather roll the helpless liddul albs with opted hib/mid grp who can compete~

/edit

Actually just nvm that remark about the theug shit, I cba to get into any discussion about it. Ill play origins regardless if it has theugs or not, just wont be alb and I wont say no to free alb rps as a hib/mid, so win win :0

And if it lasts a year to diablo 3 then its good enough for me.

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
Yah well, I'm not gonna play alb without theugs so i dont have to adapt.

Rather roll the helpless liddul albs with opted hib/mid grp who can compete~

/edit

Actually just nvm that remark about the theug shit, I cba to get into any discussion about it. Ill play origins regardless if it has theugs or not, just wont be alb and I wont say no to free alb rps as a hib/mid, so win win :0

And if it lasts a year to diablo 3 then its good enough for me.
Im sure you got a point regarding theurgs but i dont see how albs would be totally useless. All 3 realms will have similar classes including pet classes. But never mind. Its probably best not to discuss it ;p

And yes Diablo 3 is something im waiting for as well. Only one more game has made me this excited. Hopefully it wont let me down like the other one did (warhammer <puke>).

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
Im sure you got a point regarding theurgs but i dont see how albs would be totally useless. All 3 realms will have similar classes including pet classes. But never mind. Its probably best not to discuss it ;p

And yes Diablo 3 is something im waiting for as well. Only one more game has made me this excited. Hopefully it wont let me down like the other one did (warhammer <puke>).

Aye givf Diablo 3!

Would be nice if they could get back to Diablo II classic basis and not retarded LoD..that ruined the whole pvp made it retarded :/

Nothing more fun then some good old d2c 4v4 or 1v1 tournaments where people had their own items and not ran around with the same duped/cube made generic shit :p

Ah man I still remb my lvl 94 uber ama with a 40 IAS cho ko nu of 120+ dmg :d man that owned ;)

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
Looks like if Origins comes out... myself and a few of me mates from Dark Aurora will be coming back :D

All the best folks and cya out there!

Blitz!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom