Games 'Origins' Server Type Overview

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
What do people think about NO buffbots? ( this is one of the hardest questions imo ).

What do people think about Caster VS Melee dps? ( hard one aswell imo ).

Well like you said there aint really a difference if everyone has buffs than if no one has buffs. Except that people will have to pay less money and won't lag from running 2 accounts on the same comp.

And casters will lost pretty much dmg output from having worse buffs, shorter CC, less dex, no speed or dmg bonus. I doubt any more nerfing is needed. Sure tanks suffer from these things aswell (except the CC change i guess) but atleast casters won't get people down as fast and will be more easily interrupted.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
well ok then, they may be allowed to keep snares and *maybe* a short ass root for escape purposes :)

but mezz and stuns (and ESPECIALLY STUNS ON FUCKING LIST CASTERS) should be deleted ;)

CC is one of the main reasons that DAoC RvR was actually so good.

It meant that less numbers didn't always mean insta lose every time. Shorten it by all means (over 1 min of being able to do nothing is silly) but don't get rid of it completely!

Stuns on list casters wasn't nearly the problem it was today in OF. It became a problem when a caster could kill you in 3 secs, with 75 int/dex, uncapped buffs and no +damage/spell piercing, they are going to be much less dangerous.

The main issue with the server is still going to be that back then we did all play with rose coloured glasses on. Yes it might of been better than now, but how many people are going to spend all night logged on while the enemy realm camp their border keep with twice their numbers and not just go, sod it, and log off after getting zerged for a second time with a 10 minute wait to port again. You only need to look at the attitudes of players in game today to realise it's not the same as it used to be. Everyone has simply got used to logging on and soloing. The idea of grouping up with the newbs and getting farmed or sitting at the portal keep for 2 hours in the hope of a group to get farmed in. Those days have passed.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
They have passed, you're right. But they have not passed for those who whine just about anything but their first time sex (DAoC), as they consider it the best quality sex they've ever had.

One should call them nostalgic ex-virgins.

You (not you in particular Dej) can substitute sex for love btw if are the more romantic type of person. Still same beer.

Compared to modern standards DAoC is a as good as your today's sex is compared to your first time (Don't bullshit anyone saying that your partner was impressed with you and your first time... :p).

Flogging over the same long gone (hence dead) horse in the same style due to nostalgic fantasies is called necrophilia by the way.

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
Whoohooo!

That sounds awesome!
I might even come back for a while & get pharmed :)
I never played a Valk before :D

Same old perma-cynical attitudes here I see :p

They have passed, you're right. But they have not passed for those who whine just about anything but their first time sex (DAoC), as they consider it the best quality sex they've ever had.

One should call them nostalgic ex-virgins.

You (not you in particular Dej) can substitute sex for love btw if are the more romantic type of person. Still same beer.

Compared to modern standards DAoC is a as good as your today's sex is compared to your first time (Don't bullshit anyone saying that your partner was impressed with you and your first time... :p).

Flogging over the same long gone (hence dead) horse in the same style due to nostalgic fantasies is called necrophilia by the way.

Not necessarly accurate.

I can't say and judge without bias if I'm wearing pink glasses and all that, but just playing some on an OF shard with some fuckedup rps and ultra fast mls/cls is more fun then going to live daoc. The zergs are the same and the 8 mans are the same but the landscape is to me like 10x better.

Also DAoC is quite finished compared to say AoC wich I had expectations at, it hasn't delivered any high quality endgame content yet. Minigames ain't working ( 30 min queue to play 30s-2 mins is rtared :d ). FFA PvP with no gains gets boring quick when you have to chase the same people over n over n over again, not saying my PoM ain't OP'ed probably is, ain't up to date with patches atm.

Seems to me that daoc interrupt system, even though debated been the best one so far to balance things around. :D

Ah well I'll head to Origins if they don't make to retarded changes ~

(had a blast with our mix guild grp yesterday, bombing the awful CM zerg with a hib pbaoe grp hahahahha they suck even more on the shard then on live xDD, they even try to cheat on the shard with wall hopping hax, nothing pbaoe cant take care off hihi ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom