Origins Emain pics

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
It seems OF was available on Pendragon for a while - it's been changed so you cant port there now but some helpful yank got in and took some piccies while it was up:

Clickie

Not quite sure what the two-story building across the road is for

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
getting all moist in my pants (yea am nerd fu!)

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
what the f*ck have they placed in the middle of emain? :/ isn't the milegates and keeps enough for zerg warfare (which i do enjoy before you flame me)?

Why didin't they get rid of RW map :(

that's not the RW-map, just the normal ingame one (although i think they should remove the maps all together, at least i felt abit more l33t when i could navigate through the different terrains).

- English -

Resident Freddy
what the f*ck have they placed in the middle of emain? :/ isn't the milegates and keeps enough for zerg warfare (which i do enjoy before you flame me)?

that's not the RW-map, just the normal ingame one (although i think they should remove the maps all together, at least i felt abit more l33t when i could navigate through the different terrains).

i can only think its a deterrent to get stealthers away from amg - mmg. I can imagine fgs avoiding it though, would also be a good place to kite a zerg to.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Looks like they're gonna screw this one up by adding all kind of shit as usual. Frustrating.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
i can only think its a deterrent to get stealthers away from amg - mmg. I can imagine fgs avoiding it though, would also be a good place to kite a zerg to.

guess so, but will it work? i guess that most stealthers will still camp the mile gates, since everyone will run through them, which is not the case with that pile of rubble in the middle.

why can't they just leave a good thing alone? i get mixed feelings when mythic sets out to "fix" something :/

Sardine

One of Freddy's beloved
I'm wondering if that building in emain is meant to be a 'safe area' for the enemy to reside in and rest when taking the keep, in an attempt to make keep warfare longer. I found a video on VN boards DAoC_Origins.wmv - FileFront.com and a building similar to the one near DC is located just down the road from Dun Alinne (think that was the name of the keep, it's been a while)

I'm wondering if that building in emain is meant to be a 'safe area' for the enemy to reside in and rest when taking the keep, in an attempt to make keep warfare longer. I found a video on VN boards DAoC_Origins.wmv - FileFront.com and a building similar to the one near DC is located just down the road from Dun Alinne (think that was the name of the keep, it's been a while)

Yah, their idea could be of some rally point or something. Hard to say if its a good idea, I never thought it been needed really Oo

/edit

Having these little hideouts near relic keeps would perhaps make more sense.

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
Lol... got bored so trauled fh for the first time in 2 years and I find this! too little too late mythic! How I would have loved to have played this back in the day but I fear my DAoC flame is dwindling :( I will enjoy this reincarnation of old emain.

Still, looks wicked. step in the right direction! maybe a daoc renaissance?

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Now now people!
People present: roughly 15
Mythic employees: Joanne Laroache and Julia Fleming (Dev)

THE RELEASE DATE FOR ORIGINS HAS BEEN POSTPONED. NO NEW DATE SET. IT WON'T BE IN SEP/AUG. Joanne and Julia made the point that they have one chance to do the OF server right and they want to make sure the proper time is spent on it. No new date was established.

Here is a random sampling of some stuff that was talked about.

Items of interest:
- Dopplegangers are coming back. Signs point to the very near future, maybe next week. The impression I got was that they were going to be a new breed and probably a lot tougher.

- For 2008 there are regular events planed. One for Halloweeen and one for XMAS as well as a Harvest event in September

- Expect a new event to bring back a desireable cloak reward. They didn't say what it was, but hinted that it was something that hasn't been around since the dragon campains.

- Saw some new artwork for the next event. They made special mention of the Fishing Pole and Tackle Box in the picture.

- For the origins server, they mentioned that they are very much aware of the impact that it will have on existing servers and want to do everything possible not to kill them off.

-NOTES for 1.95
--Expect the patch to go live tentatively around the end of August
--/who fixes are expected to be in that time
--Some new flying mounts should be in
--They are working on fixing some of the horse routes that don't make sense
--They are working on fixing some long standing issues (nothing specific was mentioned)
--Reintroducing the /GC deposit command
--Looking into an auto equip feature. The example given was that you had a mace in your hand and used a Slash style, the Blade would be autoequipped to function with the style selected.
--Still updating the SI loot. The big bosses are getting the first batch of love, followed by the lesser mobs, and so on.
--Market Explorer search changes.

Some stuff brought up by players
--Bonedancer pet issues
----Chasing stealthers after they stealth
----Pets that contiunuosly stop to buff

--Shield block rates. They indicated that it was a known issue and that data was still being looked at. No information on any pending changes.

--They are being carefull to not introduce arms-race types of loot that will require players to retemplate

--They weren't sure about whether or not the portal ceremony NPC will be used to get back to the frontier.

--Looking into making it so that one realm llike Hibernia doesn't have to run halfway across the frontier to get to action while Mids and Albs just get to port in.

--More options for searching the Market Explorer. Searching for a Hammer or Sword instead of just a weapon was one example. We all jumped in with suggestions like filters to block out certain items, or only items useable by your class. There was conversation about putting more choices in the search criteria for Procs and Effects instead of the small selection there is now. The problem is apparently the space available. There was no timeline for adding in any changes.

--They are looking at having another "come back to camelot" event.

--Someone asked about advertising, rather the lack of, and there wasn't really much of an answer about it. This was clearly someone elses department.

--Someone asked about the bonuses that would be on Origins gear. They are limiting the number of TOA style bonuses to a select few, notably: Stat Caps, HP Caps, Power Pool, and they are considering +Fatigue since casters got power pool.

--They said that /ignore is supposed to work on players in /region. The impression was it wasn't a know issue that /ignore didn't block those players, so hopefully this will get fixed. Be nice to turn off the retards instead of all of region chat.

--No expansions planned at this time. Efforts are all being directed to WAR, Origins, and the random events.

--Asked about implementing a mail system. The answer was basically that adding a mail system is exponentially harder after the game has been coded. We asked about the possibility of at least sending an offline message (which is close to mail I guess).

--There was discussion about relics and the OP bonuses they give. The Theurgist TL recommended realms without their relics get RP bonuses to offset the damage increases the relic holders have. Most people agreed that the damage bonuses for holding relics are much too high.

There was a lot of other conversation between the players and the Mythic team. Both Julia and Joanne were genuinely nice to talk to and appeared to be very interested in the game issues. Very pleasant people to talk to. They assured us that the Mythic employees do indeed play the game and are aware of issues that occur ingame.

I'm just bummed I didn't win the Mustang!

Taken from VN Boards - Notes from the Roundtable in San Diego

So theres still time to "fix" smaller details ;)

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
bah, first they say that aug/sept was possibly the lates release date, and now it's prosponed :( i'm not liking this...

although i do approve of the ToA-bonuses they're including origins. statcaps and hp caps should be easy enough to template. just as long as i don't have to match those with speed, dmg, resist pierce and artifacts i'm happy.

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
It's not that hard to cap everything when u fiddle around really, its just finding the right combination I think (having said that I aint played in bout 2-3 years lol)

When TOA first came out it was in the old frontiers, possibly the golden age of daoc? if not then it was certainly before new frontiers imo.

how much of the new content is being included btw? not played with these new minotaurs etc, r they gonna be in it?

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
although i do approve of the ToA-bonuses they're including origins.

I don't really enjoy doing Dragon stuff over and over,this was supposed to be classic server,do Mythic really love their stat bonuses caps THIS much? Why can't they just make SI-server with buff npc's around :(

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
I hope they don't make the new dopplegangers harder - they were great for encouraging small groups or even duos and solos to roam away from bridges. If they make them harder it'll just mean it's only full groups doing them so small mans will avoid the area :/

Will just be 8-mans and zergs roaming and stealth zergs at the bridges, exactly like it is now.

Influenza

Part of the furniture
I hope they don't make the new dopplegangers harder - they were great for encouraging small groups or even duos and solos to roam away from bridges. If they make them harder it'll just mean it's only full groups doing them so small mans will avoid the area :/

Will just be 8-mans and zergs roaming and stealth zergs at the bridges, exactly like it is now.

The dopplegangers are the same as they were before , just been farming a few on my valewalker.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
The dopplegangers are the same as they were before , just been farming a few on my valewalker.

What the hell are these? I can only think of those low level mobs who transformed into different mobs now and then.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
I don't really enjoy doing Dragon stuff over and over,this was supposed to be classic server,do Mythic really love their stat bonuses caps THIS much? Why can't they just make SI-server with buff npc's around :(

oh, i thought that the dragonstuff would be cut out and just abit of adjustment to regular drops to fit in some stat caps :(

megadave

I am a FH squatter
what are these dopplegangers?

if stuff wasnt in it back in OF then it shouldnt be now, otherwise don't call it origins

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
what are these dopplegangers?

if stuff wasnt in it back in OF then it shouldnt be now, otherwise don't call it origins

u got like 1000 rps per doppleganger (mobs in NF) those drops part(s) for a quest that leads to cloak reward.

funny enough those rps dident have a lvlcap, so my lvl 7 RM had 1000 rps :p

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
well.. kinda nice cloak reward tho, atleast for classic. Toa GFX

and u also got this

10 % rp 5/5 charge

*edit* same pic twice

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Ok,that server is worse than classic server,first item caps and now these.

The dopplegangers are part of a running campaign thats happening on the servers now , i doubt they will be on the origins server unless they run something similar.

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
The dopplegangers are part of a running campaign thats happening on the servers now , i doubt they will be on the origins server unless they run something similar.

Ended 2-3 month ago, atleast on US. would rather see that "the medal of honor" Q came back tbh:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom