origin of your name

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
I've read gormenghast too....also saw it as a play and watched the BBC series....one of the WIERDEST things I've ever read!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
callous means 'insensitive; indifferent; unsympathetic' and NOT 'having a callus; indurated, as parts of the skin exposed to friction'. I was feeling well cool about 12 years ago when I started using it and became so accustomed to it I just can't change.

Phil(ip) means 'horse lover', or 'lover that is hung like a horse'.

:(

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
TdC comes from "Testin da Cable" which was what I was doing around the time I became a BW member.

My real name is Andrew, and its meaning is "man, warrior" in olde greek. In even older Thegobcian, it's meaning is "extremely well hung and stonkingly virile man-god".

mank!

Part of the furniture
mank(!) came from ManKind which was inspired by the super ace WWF wrestler of a few years back.

James is from the Hebrew for supplanter...which is a bit harsh considering the fact my Mum had two miscarriages before I was born ;/

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
psyco - my initials are G M A and D, go figure, the drop of the 'h' was accidental at first, until i realized that where i come from people tend to drop their 'h's alot so it stuck... its amazing how many times i have to use a different handle/alias though:p mainly just additions like _tik or _path to use as a surname, of sorts

glen - Gaelic(SP?) valley, also its one of my uncles middle name, much like the rest of my name;)

Pfy

Fledgling Freddie
Once called Pfy when I was younger and worked in IT (Pimply Faced Youth from BOFH).

Before that I was Sturty, and my mrs still calls me it.

Sturt means to 'vex or annoy' iirc.

Real name ... The boy's name Stuart \s-tua-rt\ is pronounced STOO-ert. It is of Old English origin, and its meaning is "steward". Occupational name: the steward administers a large feudal household. Stuart and Stewart are clan names of the royal house of Scotland; Stuart was the family name of English kings during the 18th century. Portrait painter Gilbert Stuart.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
John
is pronounced jahn. It is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "the Lord is gracious". Biblical: the name of the longest-lived of the 12 apostles, who was especially loved by Christ. Also the name of John the Baptist, who baptized Christ in the Jordan river.

Paul
is pronounced pahl. It is of Latin origin, and its meaning is "small". Popular Roman and medieval name used commonly since the 18th century.

Doherty
From the word "dochartach" meaning 'obstructive.' Docherty is the most common Scottish form of this surname, while Doherty and Dougherty are usually of Irish derivation.

Nick comes from my surname and the fact that I'm male :)

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
John
is pronounced jahn. It is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "the Lord is gracious". Biblical: the name of the longest-lived of the 12 apostles, who was especially loved by Christ. Also the name of John the Baptist, who baptized Christ in the Jordan river.

Paul
is pronounced pahl. It is of Latin origin, and its meaning is "small". Popular Roman and medieval name used commonly since the 18th century.

Doherty
From the word "dochartach" meaning 'obstructive.' Docherty is the most common Scottish form of this surname, while Doherty and Dougherty are usually of Irish derivation.

Nick comes from my surname and the fact that I'm male :)

RL John Doe?

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I tried to play a MUD once... as a noob, I wandered around naked, skipping the tutorial and found a silver hood. Seeing as characters were described by what they were wearing, and I was butt naked, my character appeared to everyone as Silver Hooded Man when I entered an area... and I was too newbe-ish to change it when my equipment got upgraded. Then i got PK'ed over and over for being a noob, with the comment "silver hood you noob" being hurled at me about 20 times until I quit. It sorta stuck :)

My real name derrives from far back in history, but my parrents insist I was named after both (saint) Tzar Nikolaj The Martyr, and Saint Nicholas.

That said... my brothers were both named after saints too... amusing considering when none of us are very religious, and religion and god are the butt of many jokes. My parrents joke on God I guess :p

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
DaGaffer - Because I used to be the boss of BW and Deebs, Ted and Reubs told me I needed a handle to talk to the peasants :)

Hookey - (which is the nick I use when playing BF or whatever) is after Private Henry Hook from Zulu. I had a different nick and I was playing with a BF1942 clan and I was hiding in a building because I was on the phone, and one of the other guys quoted the film and said "You're a malingerer Private Hook" and I liked it so much I decided to use it.

David - which is hebrew for "beloved" I think.

Lester

One of Freddy's beloved
Throdgrain is possibly the smallest character in the book I expect no one here has ever read called Gormanghast by Mervyn Peake. I dont think he even says anything, hes that small a character. If anyone has read it, he works as a teacher at Titus's school.

The reason I chose that name is becuase I was confident no one else would have it,. after originally using a ordinary name for Quake2.

Google throdgrain, everything there is me.

I remember now that you made me read that book - it was interminable!1!!!

All you bloody Labour turncoats are pseudointellectuals!!1

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I remember now that you made me read that book - it was interminable!1!!!

All you bloody Labour turncoats are pseudointellectuals!!1

Not my fault your brain is too small to comprehend it!!!!!! :eek:

leggy

Probably Scottish
I can't talk now, I'm watching desperate Housewives and thinking about Eva Longoria naked.....

Ah the only path to redemption.

I see a future of unhappiness with all human women and a need to be with umpa-lumpa coloured companions.

phazey

One of Freddy's beloved
my nick - had it forever, since the days pre-internet & on BBS's...i wont mention the origin, as a close few will remember the "monkey spanker" incident.

Karl - my RL name, is of Old German origin, and its meaning is "free man".

Wonder if my parents played any HL when i was born....

Lester

One of Freddy's beloved
Ah the only path to redemption.

I see a future of unhappiness with all human women and a need to be with umpa-lumpa coloured companions.

You misunderstood me, It's me that was naked....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom