Origin of your alias

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie
Whats the origin of your alias, why did you pick it and what influences did you have around you at the time?

I was sitting at the PC my family just brought and watching Star Trek on TV. 12-13 yrs old.
Always been a big fan of Sonic the Hedgehog games, and hence I was Electronically-born on the Inet.
14 years later and it sticks. Have seen it used as a name for a paintball gun too. should have put copy right on it.
:touch:

EDIT: am guessing McFlurry's inspiration is guessable :) but which type of McFlurry r u? Smarties ?

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
ahah! but don't be fooled, it's not that easily!!! (but yes, I like the smartie one best ;) )

Anyways, it all began at a noble day, a few years ago I guess, when I created a new character on the Albion side in DAoC...

Back then I was rolling a Scotish Paladin (they're cool ;) ), and I needed a name. Now, the name I usually used back then didn't really fit a scotsman (aragnafor, derived from aragnaphobia, which I used as a name for my wizard in the pc game of dungeons and dragons (forgot name, something with boulders in the name though...) who could summon this cool, strong spider). So I was searching for a new name, and knowing I always like my names to be somewhat ridiculous or weird I quickly came up with McFlury (1 r, else it's copyrighted I guess ;) )

So from that day on I've been known on the internet as McFlury (or later blackdagger as I tossed my paladin aside and started playing an infiltrator, but on forums I was still called McFlury obviously). It was when I started studying at the university (last year) I got to be known as McFlury in real life too (people in real now actually rather call me McFlury instead of my real name).

funny anecdote about my nickname: about 6 months ago I saw my first crush again, and she saw on my sweater I was called McFlury (Since I'm in the praesidium (do you know this term?) of my studentgroup I have this sweater that has my name and nickname on it) and she told me in her group of friends she was now also called McFlury (she was called that way because idd she just loves the icecreams ).

Anyways, I hope you loved my babbling about my alias, I know I did typing it... And let McFlury be one name you'll never forget, especially when you get killed by me on the fields of glory!!! (allthough if possible McFlury will be the last name of my character, so watch carefully ;) )

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
was always called chip back at school cos i was always on a bloody computer be it a BBC a schnieder or owt else so chip computer chip haha no not funny is it but its stuck for the better part of 20 years and ppl just decided to add per on the end so there ya have it a really boring way to get a nickname :p

my first daoc car was called chipper FFS :D this was a bit of an ingame joke as in beta id always pull loads of mobs and get grp wiped and ofc theyd all be like CHIPPER FFS!! so kept it release as a happy reminder :D hopin to have it warhammer too hope i can get on in time to secure it.

Rohan

Fledgling Freddie
J.R. Tolkin always inspired me. a man with such imagination... dear god i would give everything if i could meet him.he is long gone, but his work continued his name fr centuries to come. Since my father always encouraged us to ride horses, i fell in love with the story of Rohan and its horseman. kinda weird but thats the way i am.

Rohan was a kingdom, where true courage lived. Bloodline of Rohan kings only shows true heroism.
That was age where men and woman lived by the code of honor, not by the code of money as we do today.

soin short, Rohan:

honor, respect and strength. Goals for a lifetime...

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
My original name (Samaroon), I made up! I win.

Billargh comes from my name, Billy with argh stuck at the end :p

Ormorof

FH is my second home
mine was originally random name generated in daoc beta many many many years ago now :p

my original character was called Detrius (mispelt Detritus, from Discworld ;) , a few years before that and it stuck for a while, and when i got to actually play as a troll well...)

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
I had an image of the character I wanted to play in my head, very much like the character of Romi from Andromeda. After making the character I named it after the actress that plays Romi, who I should also mention I have a bit of a crush on. Hence Lexa Doig.

The other name I'm well known by is Maliki, that one I just sat there rolling syllables around in my head until Mali'ki came out, funnily enough several years later it turned out to be the surname of the President of Iraq lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom