Organising my MP3s

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Guys

I have a load of MP3's I want to organise so I can put them on my MP3 player and find with no problem.

I want an app if at all possible where I can select, it gets the info for and updates, possibley updating the name of the file?

Im asking too much right?

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I'd love one of these, I've got something like 2000 files which have no names.. Would like to find a way to solve that.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
only thing I can come up with is MusicBrainz' Picard. That can fingerprint tracks and look them up against a database. Doesn't always work 100% accurate, and I found the interface somewhat counter-intuitive :/

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
So you have files that aren't tagged and need to tag them in bulk?
Winamp does that for you, just add the files to the playlist, select the ones you want to tag, right click -> send to -> auto-tag

This compares them to some online database and will automatically update names, albums & track numbers etc

Occasionally you might have to manually rename some, ie sometimes it thinks songs from an album are from different versions of that album. Ie track 1 will say it's from the original album but track 2 might be from a best of.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
If you are trying to extrapolate the tags from the file name (or folder path) or vice versa, there are plenty of MP3 managers that can do that, I'm sure WinAmp, Media Monkey, etc will have that facility, I'd recommend The Godfather, which I've used in the past but it's been a while since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom