Ordered it.

O

old.Dillinja

Now I just need some info on what class to be, what to do once I get started etc.

I'm really leaning towards the Warrior and Dark Knight combination, not sure about what race is best for that yet or if I will find it hard grouping as a tank. I need some info from you guys who are already playing the game on what classes are most fun to play, which ones will find a group easy and which ones won't. As I don't know anyone who has this game yet I thought it'd be best if I asked about it here.

Thanks in advance.

J

Jiggs

warriors are always in demand since only they can taunt (called provoke in ffxi)

dark knight with warrior sub should be an excellent choice...

elvaan, galka or hume all good for that combo..

O

old.Dillinja

Cheers, guys. ;)

I'll definitely go with DK/Warrior then. Now it's just whether I will be a hume or galka. Won't be getting the game until next saturday so I think I'll probably have decided by then.

J

Jiggs

hmm dark knights need spells i think so maybe galka (v low MP) might not be so hot.

O

old.Dillinja

Don't galkas have extra HP and STR though? This might even out their low MP.

O

old.tRoG

I'd say choose the one you think looks best, as you'll be pretty annoyed having a lvl 70 char that you think looks like Quasimodo.

E

ECA

it balances out, hume will use more magic, galkan will be stronger/more hp.

whichever you prefer/or like the look of best.

S

Sharma

Amagad!

Dillinja ordered FFXI!

Ill be there next week or something, see you in game in about a week Dillin. :D

J

Jiggs

in short: race matters in this game!

choose wisely =)

O

old.Dillinja

Can any of you explain how I would actually go about becoming a Dark Knight? I understand that I can't be one straight away and that you have to complete a quest to become one but where do all the previous levels that you have gotten say, as a Warrior, go once you become a DK?

K

Krazeh

Whatever job you have as your main levels up as you gain experience, if you change main job from say warrior to monk then your warrior job stays at whatever level you got it to and u'll start monk at level 1 if you've not used it before. If you change your job back to warrior u'll have it at whatever level you got it to.

However if you equip a job as a sub job then it is capped to 50% of your main job level and doesn't gain experience, ie. if you had a level 35 warrior job and a level 20 dark knight job and went for DRK/WAR combo you'd be a level 20 Dark knight with a level 10 Warrior sub job. As you level Dark Knight up you'd be able to use more and more of ur warrior levels until you reach level 70 Dark Knight.

O

old.Dillinja

Make sure you all let me know what server you are on etc. So maybe we can meet up in game. :)

T

Tilda

Ive ordered too :O

Most people are on Bismark (server) at Windhurst (realm kinda thing)
However you'll need a world pass or the paitence to re-roll your charachter until it comes out on the server you want.

Tilda

K

Krazeh

Best idea is to jump into #bw.ffxi and see if there's a spare worldpass or if anyone wants to buy you one

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom