Order Your GeForce 4

C

caLLous

IT'S OPEN SEASON on something Nvidia has decided to call Geforce 4.
First of all, major mobo firm Asus decided to pre-release their press release 10 days early, soon to be followed by MSI talking up its Geforce 4 offering.

And now our very own homegrown firm, Watford Electronics, has decided to give us a clue to the pricing of the Gainward Geforce 4 offerings.

Its web site said that the Geforce4 MX420 64MB AGP TV DVI Twinview would cost £63 plus VAT, the Geforce4 MX440 64MB AGP TV DVI Twinview £84, the Geforce4 MX460 64MB AGP VIVO DVI Twinview £115, the TI-440 128MB VIVO DVI Twinview £199, and the high end Geforce 4 TI-4600 128MB VIVO DVI Twinview £275.

full story here

wtf is up with those prices? bulk?

X

Xavier

hehe, someone reads the inquirer... well two someones at least ;)

X

Xavier

yeah yeah :D

you love mista magee you do ;) you want to have his babies

(/me is tired and talking bol-locks ;))<-----Nothing new there :p

F

FuZor

Bollock :(

Just purchased my Spanking NU Geforce 3 :( :( :(

They release NU cards TOO fast these days!

S

Summo

There's no chance of keeping up. On the plus side your GeForce 3 will last at least until the generation after Unreal 2 and TF2 and they're a long way off yet.

My GeForce 2MX is still coping quiet comfortably. It may struggle with the above mentioned games (maybe, I suspect) but by then the high-end GeForce 3s will be more affordable.

Sorted.

S

(Shovel)

Indeed. I have a 64 Meg GF2MX/400 and it copes with no problems. Nice thing about graphics cards is that - unless you have a monitor that demands 1600x1200, you really dont need to top model :D

X

Xavier

hmm, the cat is well and truely out of the bag...

Jen Hsun, CEO of nVidia confirmed that NV25/NV17 AKA Geforce 4 will be announced tomorrow.

http://news.com.com/2100-1040-829066.html

I can't say too much yet but I'll be at the european press event myself tomorrow and I'd keep your peepers on technation for a new review sometime around 2pm ;)

T

Testin da Cable

yummy. I'll have two. a green one and a blue one please :)

W

Wij

And watch them lez up !

/me leaves for 5 minutes...

T

Testin da Cable

you only _think_ that? I'm sure Bodhi would say otherwise :D

X

Xavier

we were offered it by epic but they said that there were too many issues and it didn't act as an accurate benchmark yet...

anand knew that but he went ahead and used it anyway to get a few more hits...

W

Wij

Maybe so but I bet the MX will always suck at Unreal II / UT II :)

O

old.wtfboycee

do brands make a difference, ???

as i usually go for hercules ? any ideas on their release date ?

E

Embattle

I did read some rubbish that they weren't going to make one but I don't believe that ;)

W

Wij

Leadtek made the best GF3 Ti due to superior image quality. Not too expensive either unlike Hercules. I'd go for them.

E

Embattle

Hercules cards also disappeared for a while...then rumours flew about them stopping production.

X

Xavier

Originally posted by Wij
Leadtek made the best GF3 Ti due to superior image quality. Not too expensive either unlike Hercules. I'd go for them.

the leadtek cards are based on the reference design - always have been... the components on the cards coming out of taiwan are actually substandard to the likes of Gainward and Elsa...

There's no way physically that the leadtek cards could demonstrate better visual quality apart from turning on the digital vibrance within their winfox driver which is a control panel option in normal detonators anyhoo...

the only unique thing about Leadteks is the use of thermal monitoring on their second generation 6 and 8 layer cards, 3 months after production of any GPU leadtek release a board with thermal monitoring and diagnostic LED's - something which is in the reference design as testing sample additions but not used by the other manufacturers... thumbs up to leadtek for the idea - there is however a downside, a scallop of metal above the core is removed from the heatsink for the thermal sensor to fit which means less contact with the surface and lesser heat transferrence from the GPU.

Oh, and the heatsink on their GeForce4 MX's looks like a fig roll... lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom